Week 5 GOTW

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NDCOLTS1979, Dec 15, 2010.

1. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

[​IMG]

#9 Iowa Hawkeyes @ #18 Wisconsin Badgers
    by Ndcolts1979 12/15/2010

This game is being seen as an early season battle for the Big Ten. Iowa has a loss coming into this one but it came from the hands of the #1 ranked USC Trogans. Iowa couldnt put together any offense in that game as they scored only 3 points. They could possibly be a 2 loss team but escaped from Nebraska the week before. As early Big Ten favorites they are going to have to step up an play as right now they are 5th in the Big Ten. Iowa is led by QB James Vandenberg who really loves to hit the wrong color jersey this year with 10 ints to only 2 tds. They do have a nice tandem in the backfield with Hampton and Robinson who share the ball well and can be a force in this one. Wisconsin comes into this game with an unbeaten record but they have all but been really anything pretty or dominate. They are led on offense by Curt Phillips who everyone knows isnt out there to light up the scoreboard. He is out there to be Trent Dilfer and manage the game and hand the ball off to big John Clay who is currently leading the Big Ten in rushing with 571yds and 8tds. The question is can Iowa hold down Clay and keep the ball from getting turned over. Tyler Nielsen seems to think he can as he stepped and said " Hand the ball off to Clay all you want you dont throw it you arent moving it" It was a bold statement and yet to be seen if it will happen.

[​IMG]
    Wisconsin crowd will be to much as the Hawkeyes will fall to the Badgers in a close one 13-10 in a defensive Battle

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

This is a huge game for the Big Ten. We welcome back G-Force to Big Ten user play and Mike is the defending Big Ten champs.

I'm picking G with the upset! Even though I hate the fucking Badgers.

3. G-Force-28

G-Force-28 TAYLOR GANG!

I'm expecting a great game @ Camp Randall!

4. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

I'm definitely picking Mike in this one, his skill and experience will be too much for the eager Badgers to overcome, imo.

5. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

If I can stop Clay, maybe a change on offense can brighten the day.

Mike

6. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Hawkeyes by a touchdown

7. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Not sure if the new rosters changed much, but man, Wisconsin in year 2 was damn good. As a defense, you can't really look anywhere on their offense and say, "this is where we are gonna attack". Maybe the QB position but Phillips is a good QB, just unknown to most.

If G matches or wins the turnover battle he gets the W. H22 needs some turnovers to get some easy points and take the pressure off his "un-H22-like" offense.

8. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Vandenberg takes the pine as RS Freshman AJ Derby steps in for his first start and guides the Hawkeyes to a 24-17 victory.

9. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Great game Mike and great Write up ND!!!!!