Week 5: Jaguars 20, Steelers 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, May 23, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    Week 5: Jaguars 20, Steelers 14

In a game dominated by the defenses, the Jaguars escape with a victory. Jacksonville lead by double digits the whole second half until a late TD pass by Jamarcus Russel cut the lead to 6 with under 2 minutes to play. Jags get a couple of first downs and run the clock out.

Antonio Cromartie continues his strong early season with 3 more inteceptions to bring his season total to 8 (leads the OMFL). He also now has 5 touchdowns this season as he returned a kickoff for a touchdown. Cromartie making a strong case in the early season for defensive player of the year and even possibly league MVP.

Drew Brees has an awful day completing under 50 percent of his passes against the great Steeler defense. However he has 1 touchdown pass, and took good care of the ball with no interceptions. His favorite target Steve Smith fought through constant bump and run coverage and tons of double teams to catch 6 balls for 171yards and a touchdown. Smith is now tied for the league lead in touchdown recptions with 7, and is second in yards.

Jones-Drew has his first game without a touchdown with just 54 yards on 13 carries.

Steelers throught they could move the ball through the air against this Jacksonville defense as they passed 43 times with only 16 rushing attempts. But they were picked off 6 times all day.

Both defenses were stellar and showed why they are two of he best on the OMFL. The Steeler defense held the Jacksonville offense without poins for their last 8 possessons. Only the Cromartie kickoff return to open the second half would give the Jags enough points for this win.

GG Savaunte.....A+ defense.
  2. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

Aug 29, 2009
    the Pittsburgh Steelers were no match for the Jacksonville CromartieSmiths today. Cromartie is just sick and Smith knows how to get open. Funny how you say bump-n-run all game...but I played alot of cover 2 and cover 3...i did call press a few times but not much. I was never in this game...felt like I was down by 30 points the whole game..lol...I didnt relize I passed so damn much in this game..wow..that will have to change.

GG GL rest of the year