Week 5 : Lions vs Packers

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by CSteud, Sep 19, 2013.

1. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

[​IMG]

Detroit came into Lambeau field for this week 5 match-up leading the NFC North division at 4-0, Green Bay came in hungry after tasting victory for the first time in week 3 they came into this week 5 battle fresh off their bye week.

Both teams struggled with the passing game to start the game. After holding the Lions on their first possession of the game, Green Bay moved the ball down-field mostly on the ground behind rookie RB Eddie Lacy. A 35 yard TD pass from Aaron Rodgers to Jordy Nelson got the Pack on the board first 7-0. After both teams exchanged Ints Matt Stafford and Co. made their way into Green Bay territory. Reggie Bush took a carry around the edge 33 yards down inside the Packer 10 but was injured on the run ending his day early after getting hurt on the tackle. Matt Stafford then hit Mega-Tron for a quick TD strike tying the game at 7.

After either another INT exchange or punts, I don't remember, the Packers had the ball. On 2nd and 9 from the 32 the HB screen was called and executed perfectly as DeJuan Harris took it 68 yards to the house and after a Lambeau leap Green Bay was in front. Late in the second quarter GB had the ball again. Near midfield Aaron Rodgers made a horrible read on the curl and Detroit CB Chris Greenwood picked off the pass and ran it back for the score tying the game once again but after a long pass to Randall Cobb the Packers added a FG as the first half ended putting the Pack in the lead 17-14.

In the third quarter the Packers extended the lead to 10 on a Rodgers to Cobb 74 yard catch and run. Randall Cobb was wide open on the 15 yard in route. Cobb grabbed the pass, got past a few Lion defenders and turned on the jets. Detroit kicker David Akers made a 52 yard FG in the fourth quarter cutting the lead to 7. Mid way through the final quarter Aaron Rodgers was forced out of the pocket by the Lion pressure and was taken down hard after releasing the pass. After laying on the ground for what seemed like an eternity the cart was brought out for what was later determined to be a broken collarbone. Backup QB B.J Coleman was injured in week 2 so the QB duties were left in the hands of Vince Young. The injury to Rodgers came late enough into the game that the Pack was able to run the ball to victory without Young attempting a pass. Green Bay won the game 24-17 but lost a whole lot more in the process.

GG Heath, I look foward to the rematch.

**I'm sure this recap isn't 100% accurate but it's the best I could remember.

• Like Like x 3
  2. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Tough break Chris. Nice recap though!

• Like Like x 1
  3. heathh

heathh Walk On

Yes Sir, pretty close I believe! Good Game in deed. Bring it to Detroit tho! Lol

• Like Like x 1