Week 5 - Nordschleife - 8 LAPS - 11/21/11 - 10 PM EST

Discussion in 'Tradition Racing' started by Hellisan, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

This one might take closer to an hour, but will be a lot of fun. We will be using a delayed start of about 2 seconds per driver and this one will be in reverse order of car PI.

Here are the PI settings to tune for this week. Since this is a speed track, AWD cars are getting an extra 5 PI than I would normally give them....

[​IMG]

Current Standings:

[​IMG]

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I got my xbox working so I will be there. I have to pass GoGators in the standings.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

ooo fuck this track!

I'm in...........:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I'm in. Although i may need some tuning help from DelZaster

If I run with AWD does that mean i have 655 pi to work with? Ive been practicing on catalunya or whatever this week and had 2 builds i was trying out (awd/rwd). So im not sure what works for me for this track.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Not going to happen! I'm making sure to not miss another race so I continually get that 1 point haha.

6. GoGators

I'm going back to Michigan to spend time with family for thanksgiving. I'll plan on racing Monday night, but should something unexpected come up I'll let you know Hellisan.

Also, what happened to the schedule? I like Pagamer07 thought we were running Catalunya this week?

And 680 PI......I'm never going to be able to keep this thing on the track lol.

7. Bondzai

It's on, I will pass you.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

If you are struggling I might move you up to the 670 range... But yes at minimum that would be fine.

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I should have posted something sooner, we had been discussing getting this track into the mix and just didn't know when we would be doing it. We started talking about it after last week's race, I probably should have posted something. I know you probably paintstakingly tuned the car for Catalunya ;) so just save that tune as we will be doing that one next week.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Hellisan

Track Preview?

Free weekend for me

11. GoGators

Alright, that's cool. I've had a handful of NCAA user games this week so I haven't had a lot of time to practice yet so I'm not too far along on Catalunya, only 7 laps or so.

12. Bondzai

Which means i'm going to own you son. :)

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Sure bro I'll drive a lap tonight and send it over. Thanks!

14. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I'm totally doomed... I can throw all 10 PI into the engine, and I'm still going to have everyone fly past me on the long straight.

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

If you drive well on the curves you will do just fine. Try out your tune with the downforce all the way down and see what the difference in top speed is on the straight. See if it's worth turning it all the way down. The ring is setup so that you can really speed through the curves and have a good lead heading out onto the straight... Yes, if me or dc is behind you coming onto a straight you are probably screwed, but overall I think you'll do well if you can keep the car healthy.

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

If you dont do a ton of practice and know the course like the back of you hand then with these cars just do your best to stay on the pavement and you will be fine. Watch those high curbs though....they can seriously fuck your car up!

17. Ca$ino

Ca$ino You're Killing Me Smalls

Is this the track I make up some ground on? I love the ring. Remember helli I switched.

18. Ca$ino

I thought catalunya was next

19. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Basically, what he's saying is don't do what I did in that vid DelZaster posted a few weeks ago.

20. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

I am hoping to still make Mondays race however I have no clue at the moment wtf is going on. Helen went to get her medication and was ambulanced to hospital under blues n two's and at this stage the hospital aren't saying anything at all. Like I say I am hoping to still make it but not sure where im at at the moment il keep you posted.

21. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Trying to go with downforce almost all the way down, and I feel like a 5 mph gust of wind will blow me off the track. This is gonna take some practice.

22. Ca$ino

Hope helen is ok

23. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

Thanks mate. Just had a call from the hospital to say shes stable but still critical.

24. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Thoughts and prayers heading her way Del

25. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

ty mate