Week 5, S1

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Oshiomogho, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Mar 12, 2011
    I cant catch a break!!

totally dominated marshall IMO except i keep throwing damn INTs!! and I can live with the INTs but its the timing of them and that my guys cant tackle their DBs! I gave up just 140 TOTAL offense to them but threw 4 INTs
    first INT was from the 9 yard line taken back over 90 yards inside the 5
    next INT was from the 42 taken back for a score
    3rd INT was around midfield but stopped quickly (all 3 in the 1st Q)
    they tie it up in the 4th at 20 and I march slowly to eat clock and get into FG range and from the 31 they pick me off and take it back to the other 40. then get a bomb TD and win it

Graham was hurt 4 separate times in this game!! he only took 5 sacks but was hit all day it seemed. still threw for 245 yards while martinez ran for 91. impact louisville HB victor anderson ran for just 12 yards!!

cant believe how much better i played then them only to piss it all away with bad INTs. I needed this win. would have bumped my status up a bunch I feel and got me rolling before i head into conference play

sad day. 3-2
  2. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Apr 17, 2010
    DMan22 Can you play today? I'm free the rest of the day til late tonight.
  3. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Jan 29, 2011
    Had a great game against Cougars. He went up 10-0 in the first half and my rust/lack of time playing '12 was very apparent. Houston finally warmed up and went on a 10-0 run ini the 2nd half, and was in field goal range with a chance to take the lead with a minute left. It was 4th and 1, and knowing my luck I figured we were rushing for 7.4 yards per carry so let's just get the yard and seal the victory. We got stuffed on a toss play, and held on to force overtime. We threw a pick, and that's all she wrote!

GG man, thinking back on it now I should've just taken the points. You had no timeouts and your passing attack wasn't scary at all. :p

2-2 for Houston, gotta start picking up steam..
  4. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Dec 30, 2010
    Lol hey now I was moving the ball really well from passing but I kept trying to run instead of sticking to the plan which bit me in the ass haha gg though
  5. a Robbed Lung

a Robbed Lung Legendary Veterans

Jun 4, 2011

UAB Falls Short In Shootout, 49-52

UAB remains winless after falling short in a shootout with Troy, 49-52. I honestly thought this was going to be my first win of the season, but Troy decided to spoil that those bastards lol. I am really struggling on Heisman this year, as I am usually an All-American guy, so this has been challenging, especially with the Blazers. But i'm enjoying it so far, especially after showing some progress. For the first time this season our offense was consistently putting together scoring drives. But our defense was horrendous. We gave up a whole bunch of yards along with 52 points. In our first four games, we have given up a total of 208 points which is absolutely horrible. If we don't start playing defense, I don't see us winning any games this season.......
  6. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Mar 14, 2011
    In what started out as a track meet, Memphis finally pulled away from Middle Tennessee State. Coach Noffke is two wins away from clinching a bowl berth, which would end Memphis' several drought. Coach Noffke knows this Memphis program has a long way to go. The offense continues to make plays despite a lack of talent that plagues this team.
  7. DMan22

DMan22 Walk On

Mar 19, 2011
    Southern Miss was able to get into the winning column and also at the same time even up their conference record at 1-1 when they were able to defeat the Rice Owls 34-17. The game had a much closer feel than the final score would indicate. Indeed, the USM O was shut down for most of the game and was only able to generate 13 points on its own. The D turned in a strong performance, turning 3 INT's into TD's that blew the game open. Coach Steamer proved to be one to watch for in the future, but due to a lack of quality talent may need a season or two to get his guys into a cohesive unit.

The win pulls USM to 2-3 (1-1) in the young season, and coach DMan is looking for a strong performance against option oriented Navy in order to right the ship and get his team back to .500.