Week 5 S3 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MILMONTpa, Jan 11, 2010.

1. MILMONTpa

MILMONTpa MILMONTpa

Week 5 S3 Summaries

The San Jose State Spartans (0-3) (0-1 conf.) hosted the Idaho Vandals (4-1) (2-1 conf.)​

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th TOT
    Idaho 03 28 14 03 48
    SJSU 07 07 03 07 24

1st Qtr
    The Spartans wasted no time in testing a new defensive scheme for Idaho. on the first play from scrimmage, the Spartans scored on a 70 yd TD pass taking advantage of the Vandals 4-6 defense. This would be by far the Spartans biggest play of the game as Idaho tightened things up the rest of the way.
    Idaho 03 San Jose St 07

2nd Qtr
    The Vandals flexed their offensive muscle this qtr., hitting on all cylinders in all kinds of ways. EVO Heisman hopeful Princeton McCarty scored twice on the ground and Brian Reader took to the air for 2 TDs as well. The go ahead score came early in the qtr when Reader dropped a perfect pass over two defenders for a 9 yd TD to Sr. WR - Mo Shaw. Highlite below...
    HALF TIME : Idaho 31 San Jose St 14

3rd Qtr
    Idaho QB Reader stayed on target and found Sophmore All American Patrick Mealey for a 29 yd TD strike followed by a 14 yder to Sr. WR Preston Davis later in the qtr. SJSU could only manage a FG against the stingy Vandal defense this qtr.
    Idaho 45 San Jose St 17

4th Qtr
    The Vandals ate the clock with ball control and wrapped this one up.

FINAL SCORE - Idaho 48 San Jose St 24

KeY STaTz
    :

Idaho QB B.Reader : 16 / 21 - 283 yds - 4 TDs - 0 INTs
    Idaho HB P.McCarty : 37 att - 229 yds - 2 TDs
    Idaho WR P.Davis : 7 rec - 181 yds - 2 TDs - 76 YAC
    Idaho DE H.Poole : 5 tck - 1 sck - 1 ff - 1 f.rec

SJSU QB T.Calhoun : 8 / 13 - 183 yds - 3 Tds - 0 INTs
    SJSU HB I.Liaina : 13 att - 77 yds - 0 TDs
    SJSU WR J.Williams : 2 rec - 73 yds - 1 TD

HIGHLIGHTS

[YOUTUBE]5rimJPhLW3o[/YOUTUBE]
    2nd qtr - Brian Reader drops a beautiful touch pass over top of two SJSU defenders finding Sr. WR Maurice Shaw for a 9 yd TD reception giving Idaho a 10-7 lead.

[YOUTUBE]J76oCrJWzew[/YOUTUBE]
    EVO preseason All-American Sophmore DE - Henry Poole sacks SJSU QB, forces and recovers the fumble.

[YOUTUBE]WewUVZY4-fc[/YOUTUBE]
    Hard-hitting SS - Soph - Derek Greene is the last man to beat... and comes up with his 3rd forced fumble on the year stopping SJSU cold late in the 4th qtr.

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

NIU 28 Buffalo 20

Was this Forever's team? If yes this team can make noise this year.

The Cardiac Kids finally lose. That being said Buffalo changed QBs before start of game. 2 dropped TD passes gave NIU the win. One would have given Buffalo a 24-21 lead and the other would have given them a chance to tie the game at end of game.

Gill led way with 134 yards rushing.

I am ok with the loss but I had 2 issues with the game.

1>The first half and the last NIU drive of game they played robostyle.

2>The last drive for NIU the clock management for the CPU is terrible. Final should have been 21-20, they had the ball with under 1 min left, 2nd down all they need to do is kneel and they threw the ball for a TD. This is an EA issue.

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yes that was forevers team. I will write up the summary to the big pac 10 matchup between Wsu vs Stanford after i get back from taking my son to his wrestling practice. Good Games JCA

4. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

#18 Nev @ NMSU

Nevada looked to continue their winstreak to 4 against a less talented NMSU.

1st QTR

Nevada dominated from the begininng with a 65 yard TD pass from SR QB C.Louks to SR WR B.Wimberly. Then a 6 yard TD run with JR RB J.Fogerson. Before the end of the 1st QTR C.Louks runs a 19 yard TD off of an option.

21-0 Wolfpack

2nd QTR

Louks hooks up with Soph TE K.Jackson from 6 yards out for the TD. Then Louks finds Wimberly again but this time from 77 yards for the TD.

35-0 Wolfpack

3rd QTR

The Wolfpack just run clock the rest of the game and score a FG.

38-0 Wolfpack

4th QTR

Another FG by the Wolfpack.

41-0 Final

Coach Jvig is very impressed at the determination of his players. Everyone is playing hard and fulfilling their assignments with authority.

Total Offense: Nevada- 488 NMSU-88
    T.O.P: Nevada-19:47 NMSU- 7:12

Highlights: Fogerson receives a pass from Louks and breaks some tackles.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SzmxAdCTbAE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SzmxAdCTbAE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Big Hit on WR by Wolfpack Soph SS.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D0PmvHeytIA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D0PmvHeytIA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

FS Howard gets an INT

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sh2zyyDGHq8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sh2zyyDGHq8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

5. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Stanford 14-24 Washington State

Stanford Dejected After Their 1st Loss

[​IMG]
    The Cardinal Offensive Line gave up 8 sacks​

Stanford suffered their 1st setbacks of 2011, in the 1st quarter, Evo-Heisman Trophy candidate Andrew Luck was sacked and suffered a hip pointer, which will keep him out of next week's game at #7 Washington as well, to make matters worse, the Cardinal lost the game 24-14. The 1st half was a defensive struggle, with Washington State having the best drive moving the ball all the way down to the Cardinal goaline, but the drive ended with an interception. The 3rd quarter started like the 1st half ended, Stanford was forced to punt, but then Washington State was able to capitalize and score halfway through the quarter on a Louis Bland run from inside the 1 yardline. Josh Nunes then settled in and led Stanford on a nice drive culminating in a 7-yard touchdown pass to JR Patterson to tie the score at 7-7. A little over a minute later, the Cougars reclaimed their lead on Bland's 2nd touchdown run of the day, this time from 8 yards out and the quarter ended with Washington State leading 14-7. After a Nunes interception, Washington State was able to push their lead to 10 when Anthony Cook kicked a 28-yard field goal. Nunes then methodically led the Cardinal down the field and hit a wide-open Usua Amanam for an 8-yard score to make the score 17-14. Washington State recovered the onside kick and on 3rd down and 1:30 to play, Jason Crawford took a pitch to the left side, broke a tackle and raced 26 yards to the endzone for the game sealing touchdown.

Both teams are now 3-1 with Washington State remaining in 1st place at 2-0, while Stanford falls to 1-1 in Pac-10 play

[​IMG]
    Jason Crawford takes this pitch 26 yards to seal the victory​

Great Game NDColts, good luck the rest of the way.

6. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

U2 Jca yeah the WSU dline was the star of the game. I was really hoping it wasnt going to come down to a kicking game because my kicker is very sad lol. Sorry about Luck. I know how it feels as i lost my starting qb for 10 weeks week 1 against Nevada.

7. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Sorry about that ND :D. But hey this proves that your skills alone can squeeze out wins with or without a QB.

8. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I can't!

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

CENTRAL MICHIGAN DOMINATES TEMPLE 41-3

CENTRAL MICHIGAN DOMINATES TEMPLE 41-3

[​IMG]
    EVO Heisman Candidate Bryan Schroeder rushed for 67 yards with 1 TD against Temple in the first half.

TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th TOT
    CMU 14 10 3 14 41
    TEM 3 0 0 0 3

STAT CMU TEM
    OFF 439 96
    RUSH 269 32
    PASS 170 64
    TO 0 2
    TOP 24:10 6:24

The Central Michigan Chippewas get their 4th win and 1st conference win over Temple. CMU dominated Temple the entire game and Temple felt as if they had no chance.

The Chippewah offense was led by 4th string QB Senior Steve Weddle who rushed for 186 yards on 9 carries with 2 TD. He also completed 2 passes for 30 yards. Evo candidate Bryan Schroeder played only in the first half but racked up 67 yards and 1 TD. Senior Jermey Wilson led the receiving core. He had 6 catches for 85 yards with 1 TD.

CMU's defense held Temple to under 100 yards total offense and was led by MLB Landon Carter who had 8 tackles, 5 TFL, and 1 interception which he returned for a TD. LB Shane Torzy added 7 tackles.

Central Michigan (4-0,1-0) will continue MAC play as they will play at home against the Kent State Flashes.