Week 5 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shino45, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Week 5 Scores

Post em here

2. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

The Laramie Project-Losing in a blowout!

The Auburn Tigers took their newly anointed 20th ranking on the road, and away from the brutal SEC, their opponents the Wyoming Cowboys. The tigers were coming off of a big win vs. south carolina and looked to keep momentum going when SEC play picks back up.

Cam Newton was under center again, and did something he has not done this year, nor the auburn tigers as a whole, started fast and efficient. After the defense took Carta Samuels and crew and showed them what SEC football was, forcing a three and out. Newton wasted no time throwing a laser for 65 yards to his TE Letzenkirchen. The sideline erupted and they let the air out of the balloon in Cowboy country.

The Auburn secondary gave the d line consecutive coverage sacks giving Newton & Co the ball again in decent field position. After a few runs and a great strike, the Auburn TIgers saw their season slip away. Cameron Newton after s small scamper to the edge dipped out of bounds and was wrapped up and thrown hard to the ground he came up and went straight to the sidelines... the diagnosis, broken ribs out nine weeks.

This could not come at a worse time for the Tigers (more on the injury later) Enter sr. Neil Caudle, Caudle came in and threw consecutive strikes for big touchdowns and Auburn had the game in hand in the first quarter. Kodi Burns emerged after playing a majority of his snaps as a wide reciever and did not show any rust sneaking a crossing route into Zachary for a score. As the game went on Auburn seemed to be taking out their frustration on the poop brown and corn yellow team. Austyn Carta Samuels was cracked over and over again, lets just say the New Mexico bowl win over fresno seemed like decades ago.

The rest of the game can be summed up with accurate passes and huge Dyer runs, in the third Ontario McCalleb the impact running back was injured and will be out of action for 4 weeks. Auburn crushed the cowboys but are headed home limping and looking for answers for the rest of the season.

Auburn in a route 63-7 dominating all stats

What the Tigers loose with Cam Newton-

6'6" 250lbs dual threat quarterback. 97 acc and high 80's thp tha
    This game he started 3-3 87 yrds and a TD
    and 2 broken tackles
    156.1 Rating completing over 52% of his passes 6 td's to 4 INT's
    Two rushing TD's
    And a whole playbook geared to his sets and skills

Where do the tigers go from here?

Kodi Burns upon approval of the commish, and Neil Cauddle will take snaps. Burns will pick up newtons 47 carries thus far in the wildcat and read option sets. Cauddle will try to minimize mistakes and keep an offense moving. Auburn will insert some more i formation sets to get the tandum of Dyer and Fanin going. Expect for Auburn to put the weight of their offense on these two. Dyer was sensational in Wyoming and will become the offense.

Gameball: No one Dyer I suppose but the offense was ridiculousy on at this point, and he kicked a team while he was down.

The starters stayed in longer than usually considering the circumstances of finding a new offense.

3. hoosierjoe

hoosierjoe Walk On

Hokies top NC State 42-35 despite Russell Wilson's career day.

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?module=moduleWireAll#module=moduleStoryView&story=$0025ae711b3e_F3CB_6A155090&dynid=62411&sku=662A0001&sid=0&wknum=4

4. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Arkansas continues to roll 38 to 0

The Razorbacks finish off another game with yet another blow out. This time to in state rival Arkansas St. Red Wolves. These two teams haven't played each other in quit some time and now we see why. The wolves didn't really stand a chance against the Hogs.

Although Arkansas State's Defense held Arkansas in check for the first quarter their offense couldn't take advantage.

They finished with under 20 yards of total offense for the game.

Arkansas was in control the entire game and took it easy on the Red Wolves for most of the second half.

The standouts for the Razorbacks were the play of Ryan Mallett: 253 yards and 3 TD'S, Joe Adams: 114 yards and 1 TD, Jarius Wright: 114 yards and 1 TD, and DE Jake Bequette 3 sacks.

Next for the Hogs is a Non-Conference game with Wake Forest.

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I got absolutely wrecked in my game. I couldn't stop the screen pass because the blocking was too good (they even went for it on 4th and 15 and got it!!), and their QB tore me up. My superior team looked completely overmatched. I don't know if its the sliders or my receivers just suck, but I rarely have a WR get open in this league compared to the other 3 that I'm in. I threw 7 picks in this game, I haven't thrown 7 picks in the entire season of either of my other two leagues, which I play with much worse teams. The defense always seems to jump the passing lane or to warp ahead of the receiver after I throw it. I'm not trying to bitch about the sliders, but I was curious to know if I am the only one with this opinion or not. Maybe it had something to do with the tuning update.

6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

What the heck is up with the restarts?

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

2 of us had our games lock up on us a couple nights ago. The time in the game continued to go, but I could not press any buttons not even start. I tried switching controllers and nothing changed. I contacted Shino about it during the game and he said I was the 2nd person that happened to in the same night.

8. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

Me too... I txted shino when it happened...

But I dont want to hear shit, after my restart i lost 80% of my offense for the yr.
    But honestly before the patch games would freeze in the playcall portion and just zoom around the stadium, the first game I was working them, and nothing changed the second game.

9. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I have only threw 2 picks all year. I try to play realistic, so its not that I just run the same play everytime. Ole Miss doesn't really have good WR's. Maybe that could be it.

10. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

The Comeback

Maryland battles back from 10 down with less than two minutes in the game to win in overtime 20-13.

11. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

In past years, interceptions have been my downfall, but this year hasn't been too bad. I generally throw at least one a game as a result of trying to force the ball into a spot where I really shouldn't based on the quality of player I have at QB. For me, fumbles are absolutely killing me. In every game where I have received the ball after halftime, my first drive has resulted in a fumble no matter what I do. I'm really thinking about using the conservative setting for my running game just to see if it helps my guys hold on to the ball any better.

12. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Sorry... Boston College 17-7 over Notre Dame. Forgot to post recap.

story

13. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I use conservative when it is raining everytime. I also seem to be having more trouble with fumbles then INT's. I do try and hold the RB button. I also try and lean away from contact and I don't fight for more yards when the def is going for the strip. Those things seem to help.

14. charter04

charter04 Walk On

What about week six?