Week 5 | Season 1 Results

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Bucs, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Miami holds on to the victory against Pass Happy WolfPack!

NCSU 28
    Miami 34

For the second week in a row Miami had a close call but was able to nab the victory. Newcomer SteamboatReb lead his NCSU Wolfpack into Miami coming off a loss to Army, his team was fired up though and played very well. In the first half though Miami was the only one able to find the endzone. QB Ryan Williams connected with TE Asante Samuel for 53 yards on the opening Miami drive to fire the first shot. 7-0 Miami. On the next drive CB Ladarius Gunter came up with an INT return for TD to make it 14-0 Miami. In the 2nd quarter things seemed to slow down a bit, Miami was only able to kick a FG to take a 17-0 lead. This is when the NCSU offense came to life, they were able to march down the field and score as time expired in the first half on a 4 yard pass from Mike Glennon to give themselves some life headed into half time. 17-7 Miami.

In the 3rd Miami was the first to score again as Ryan Williams found Allen Hurns for an 18 yard strike . NCSU wasn't phased though and continued to chip away, this time scoring with 6 seconds left in the 3rd to make it 24-14 Miami. Miami was fighting for their life, but QB Ryan Williams stayed calm and continued on, he lead another drive that ended in a score midway through the 4th. NCSU's Mike Glennon responded with a nice TD drive of his own. Miami awnsered quickly with a FG to make things 34-21. Miami's defense was reeling, NCSU was slinging the ball all over the place, Miami knew they were going to pass and couldnt stop it. NCSU scored with about 51 seconds left on another redzone pass from Mike Glennon for a td . All 4 of NCSU's scores came from the redzone. NCSU tried the onside kick but Miami recovered and kneeled to run out the clock and hang onto the victory.

Miami POTG - Ryan Williams 13-16 205 Yards , 2 TDs

NCSU POTG Mike Glennon 27-43 396 3 TDs

Great game SteamboatReb i thought you were going to pull out the comeback.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  2. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Yeah, that connection prob had something to do with my custom playbooks. They disappeared whenit starting working. So, quite logically, i would have won had Inhad my playbooks. Lol. In all seriousnesss, I love a game with a comeback angle. Makes for good drama. I am still crossimg up the fucking X and Y buttons. That pick six was supposed to be on a skinny post on the other side of the field. Upi would have likely picked it off as well though. Good game all around. Look fornward to many future ACC battles.

3. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

really? i used custom playbooks for all the attempts, even the one that worked. Im grateful for the mix up btw lol.

4. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Just more of the same. It was in no way outcome determinative, I assure you. I got what i needed for thst game which is so e confidence the qb. Army's six picks were almost too much to take. Lol. Bo Jackson, Jamelle Holloway and Deion Sambders all have illegitimate kids that ball at Army. Only rational way to explain that team to me.. They should win the Virtual NC.

5. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Saturday, September 29th, 2012 - Boulder, CO

After a disappointing start to the PAC-12 season, UCLA traveled to Colorado to take on the Buffs in attempt to try and get a toe hold within the conference. QB Nick Hirschman and the Colorado Buffaloes face a similar situation, entering the game 2-2, losing their PAC-12 opener to Washington State the week prior this game would prove important to both, as the loser would have a hole to climb out of in the PAC-12.

After an early Brett Hundley interception, Colorado would put together a 3-minute drive all the way down the field. Constantly frustrating the Bruin 3-4, once in the red zone their pace became even slower, eventually to the pace of a field goal. That drive would be considered a missed oppurtunity, because the next quarter would have UCLA score three times in 5 minutes, the Bruins only falter came when Nick Hirschman hit Paul Richardson for a 72 yard bomb that at the time would give them the 10-7 lead. The three scores were all original, a Dietrich Riley interception return for a touchdown, a Shaquelle Evans receiving touchdown off the hands of Hundley, and a James Fauria rush off a Motion Option play from 48 yards out. UCLA would take it in at half with the lead 21-13 off an explosive second quarter, the home town Buffaloes wondering what the hell happened.

While the game was still within reach for Colorado, as quick as the third quarter came and went is about as quick as their chance to win did. James Franklin, Ricky Marvray and a field goal by Fairbairn would stretch the Bruin lead to 25, leaving the Black and Gold hoping for a miracle. An early score in the fourth would prove to keep hope alive, even for a second, until a conservative second string Bruins team would milk the clock twice, both ending successful drives with field goals.

Final Score :
    UCLA 44 - 20 Colorado

Player of the Game :
    UCLA QB Brett Hundley - 24/34 for 386 Yards, Two Touchdowns, One Interception

6. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    To be honest with you I really do not remember this game since I was falling asleep throughout the game. I do remember one of the two missed FGs that I ran back but it really is a blur. Thanks for pointing a gun at my head to get me to play this I Peench!!!!!! :p jk​
    Anywho, OSU was coming off a stellar win off of their conference rival UCLA and looked to stay perfect against Arizona. This would be there second road trip in the past two weeks and there was a concern if the Beavers would come out lethargic. The patent rushing attack from SO RB Malcolm Agnew was stagnant and OSU struggled to move the ball in the first quarter. A great special team play by returner Jordan Poyer would open this game up. Arizona attempted a long FG and missed wide right and short. Poyer would catch it and return it for a 106 yard TD. This would be Poyer's second one he had returned this season. Arizona would strike quickly on the first play of the drive but wound up sputtering out and settling for a FG. Being up 7-3 was nice but Agnew decided to give the Wildcats a helping hand. Agnew would receive the handoff and get absolutely leveled by SS Jared Tevis. The ball would fall out of his hands for MLB Devin Gordon to scoop and score. The Beavers would maneuver themselves down the field until reaching paydirt only a minute into the second quarter. Instead of fumbling the ball Agnew would get leveled again but after crossing the goaline. The Wildcats would rattle off two scores via Kick Return and a 48 yard TD. Again after an anemic performance from the offense the special teamers bail them out. Poyer would return yet another missed FG closing the gap to one possession. This game started to turn into a shootout because after the FG return OSU you put ten more points up. OSU would lead 31-24 going into halftime.​
    In the second half the Beavers would dominate on the ground and on defense. They would limit Arizona to only one TD in the half and would create three turnovers from interceptions. Malcolm Agnew came on strong opening the opportunity for WR Brandin Cooks to receive an 8 yard TD in the middle of the 3rd. In the 4th quarter Agnew would be feed the rock time after time to close the game out. He would break off a 62 yard TD to put the game away but it would not be OSU's last TD. CB Sean Martin would pick the ball off and run it from 35 yards to finish the game up.​
    FINAL SCORE:
    [​IMG] 52
    [​IMG] 31
    PLAYER OF THE GAME: RB Malcolm Agnew- 26 Att, 158 yards, 2 TD

7. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Be careful or I might do it again :)

Seriously though, we're flying through this season

8. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

We definitely are!