Week 5: Season 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by justadude, Jan 23, 2011.

1. justadude

justadude Walk On

Hey, I hope you do not mind me getting this going, easy. I just wanted to get my game summary done.

2. justadude

justadude Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Summary: Interesting game. Iowa stifled the run game (25 of Greens 31 yards came on PSUs last drive that chewed up a large part of the 4th quarter). It remained a close game until midway through the 3rd quarter with several of PSUs drives stalling due to Iowas stout run defense. However Newsome, and his receivers figured out Iowas pass defense and were moving the ball well in the third quarter putting up 10 points to take a 20 - 6 lead.Then the defense struck intercepting Iowa twice in five plays. The first lead to a TD pass, the second was returned for a TD, leaving no doubt about the outcome.​
    OPG: Kevin Newsome 20-30 288 2 TD 0 Int​
    DPG: Stephen Morris and Bani Gbadyu, whose picks put the game away late in the third.​

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Thanks Justa...I have been in euphoria since the AFC championship game!

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

SE10-4-1.PNG
    This one was all about the turnovers. While Wake moved the ball pretty well, and didn't play horribly on defense, they turned the ball over five times, two of them for scores. You just can do that and give a running team like Tech a big lead. The Wreck ran out the clock, took advantage of a few miscues, and ran away with this one early.

SE10-4-2.PNG