Week 5 - Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jan 16, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 5 - Season 2

we're here now..

Bulgy, when do you want to play?? Thought we were going to play right after I advanced, makes sense to me. That's why I quit the game I was playing and was messaging you.

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I see we have a few user games this week, so the advance probably won't be as fast this time....either way, I won't be able to play my game until Monday morning. I'm at work today on a trade and I have my normal day tomorrow, so I won't be home until Monday.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We've got two games done right now..

Post a short write up..

Perry, lol, I understand if you don't want to...No offense, worst beat down taken by the CPU I've ever seen.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

North Carolina 30 Florida State 29

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    UNC 10 13 7 0 30
    FSU 7 14 8 0 29

Great game by both teams! In the end, turnovers were too much to overcome for the Seminoles, and UNC was able to narrowly escape with a win.

Florida State had three fumbles. One after a long reception, one after holding UNC to a FG (fumb-TD on the kickoff), and another inside the redzone after a first down reception.

Christian Ponder played a great game, and at times (especially in the second half) the FSU defense stepped up.

After forcing a 3-and-out, Ponder was faced with 80 yards of field with no timeouts and only about 30 seconds of clock. After 3 completions, and one being taken out of bounds, Ponder ordered everyone to the line but instead of spiking it as called it was a different play then intended. Game Over.

If FSU would've been able to spike it they would've lined up for a game winning 40 yard FG.

UNC did a great job running the ball, and their receivers made some nice grabs.

Freshman Bill Ruffin had 4 catches for 94 yards and 2 TDs. Senior Tavarres Pressly lead the team in rushing with 50 yards on 7 carries. Senior QB Christian Ponder was 20 of 28 and passed for 314 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT.

5. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Yea here is a simple summary

Georgia Tech had me by the balls and squeezed them every play they possibly could. I would say that we will take it out on our next opponent but I'm not entirely sure we can do that.

6. dakota7

I knew a girl like that once........

7. dakota7

Kansas 17
    #7 Nebraska 38

Latravis Washington led the way with 280 total yards and 4 tds. The Huskers got off to a slow start, punting a few times and giving up some big plays to the Jayhawks. With the score tied at 17 midway thru the 3rd, the Blackshirts forced a fumble and returned it about 50 yards for the score...(OLB Fischer). The flood gates opened up after that. On a really awesome note, HB Roy Helu was lost for the season, keeping his streak alive for season ending injuries at 2.

8. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

Jacory Harris played well for the most part, leading Miami to a huge early lead... The Hurricanes eventually took the score to 52-0 (with little effort), but apparently UCF decided to come out to play for about a minute in the fourth quarter. With just over 1:30 left in the game, UCF completed a 53-yard pass to set themselves up in the redzone. The Knights then reached the endzone just two plays later with 1:18 left on the clock. On the ensuing kick-off the Knights recovered the onside, then, capitalizing off a Miami safety's mistake, completed a short pass with no one behind him, leading to another easy and LONG touchdown with 1:10 left. So, in 8 seconds, UCF managed to score 14 points!

The final score ended up 59-14 in favor of the Hurricanes. On another note, entering the late third/early fourth, UCF had just 91 total yards. They finished with 282. Graig Cooper also finished his second straight 100-yard rushing performance.

* The "late" Jacory Harris to LaRon Byrd touchdown pass was an accident. I needed to get another first down to run out the rest of the clock (wasn't going to give them the ball back after how ridiculous their offense got in those last minutes). Harris was only in because Highsmith got hurt. Byrd was in the slot due to injuries/fatigue (I have never played a game with so many "minor injuries" - Cooper twice, Berry out 2 weeks, Highsmith, A. Johnson, T. Benjamin - and thats JUST on offense, that I remember). I ran on the first two plays, then threw a play action on 3rd down to get the first - for some reason UCF was using their timeouts. However, Byrd caught the ball at about the one yard line, and was hit by a UCF defender. While coming out of the broken tackle he went into the endzone - I was trying to dive down at the time. Probably not a big deal, but those guys and that result might raise eyebrows, so I just wanted to clarify.

9. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

UNC Picks Up Conference Road Win

UNC Sneaks past FSU

Tallahassee, FL- Florida State got a case of fumbilitis on Saturday and the UNC Tar Heels benefitted. The Seminoles put the ball on the ground 3 times and lost all 3 of them to a ball hawking UNC defense. One of the fumbles was returned for a TD.

UNC eeked out a 30-29 win on Saturday. The defense made a goal line stand that may have saved the game for the Heels. With less than 2 minutes left and holding onto a 1 point lead, the Seminoles drove to the Heels 1 yard line, and were stuffed 4 plays in a row in order to hold the lead.
    The game went back and forth with both teams building and losing momentum, until the very end when the goal line stand took the wind out of the sails of the FSU team. The Seminoles were able to mount one last charge into Tar Heel territory getting the ball inside the 20 yard line, but were unable to spike the ball before time ran out.

The Heels sit at 4-0 with wins over Div 1 FCS West, ECU, NC State and FSU. NC State and FSU were both top 20 teams when the Heels beat them. The game against NC State started off a murderer’s row on their schedule. The Heels will face 4 top #25 teams in a row, NC State, FSU, Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech, before getting a break and taking on winless Virginia in Charlottesville. They then pick up the tough road again by going on the road to #1 Miami followed by a home game against the #17 ranked Clemson Tigers. A bye week follows, and then the Heels take on rival Duke in Durham, travel to #14 Oregon, before finally finishing up the season on the road at Louisville. The Heels will play 7 ranked teams and 3 of them on the road.

10. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Washington Runs Over Colorado

Mizzou started off slow against Colorado, as Gabbert threw a pick on only his second attempt. Colorado then drove down the field but was held short as the Tiger defence stepped up stopping them on 3 consecutive plays on the 1 yard line resulting in a Colorado field goal.

Missouri answered with a FG of their own tying the game up early in the first quarter then quickly scoring a TD as FB Lee Norton pounded it in from the one. Colorado tied it up but left too much time on the clock for Missouri. 2 minutes was plenty of time for HB Derrick Washington to drive down the field taking the lead into half 17-10.

Coach Smeezil and the Buffaloes did a great job mixing up between the running and passing game but with a Missouri stop and a quick TD they were forced to go to the air more than they wanted. 2 late picks in the redzone, one returned for 102 yards game Mizzou a commanding lead as they shut out Colorado in the second half winning 38-10.

Key Players: QB Blaine Gabbert stepped into his groove after throwing an interception on his opening drive. He completed 7 of 8 passes for 135 yards.

HB Derrick Washington was dominate once again. He ran for 178 yards on 23 attempts for an amazing 7.7 yards per carry resulting in 2 TDs

Highlight Reel:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HRjK-9ZeDAM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HRjK-9ZeDAM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Box Score
    1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH FINAL
    CMU 3 7 0 0 10
    MIZ 3 14 7 14 38

Team Stats
    CMU MIZ
    Score 13 51
    First Downs 19 17
    Total Offence 331 355
    Rushing Yards 110 220
    Passing Yards 221 135
    Turnovers 2 1
    Fumbles 0 0
    Intercepted 2 1

11. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Sounded like an exciting game

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, I went for it because I was down 1 with 2 minutes left. If I scored, I scored. If I kicked a FG, he would have plenty of time to go down the field and kick his own. And, I knew that if I Didn't get it (which I didn't) I'd have the chance of forcing a safety.

None of those happened, but it still gave me the oppurtunity to score last.

I had the ball w/ about 30 seconds left and no timeouts. Completed 3/3 to get down to the 30ish. Hurried to the line, for some reason I got a different play other than spike the ball. I snapped with 2 secons and tried to throw it away, but no luck.

I definately would've been able to hit the kick from that distance if my plays didn't get jumbled up. Too bad.

Hopefully see you him in the conference championship, and it doesn't really hurt my NC hopes considering I'll get the rematch and he is highly ranked.

13. Papa Perry

When are we advancing I'm tired of seeing my score every time I upload to see if we advanced

14. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Good to be back. And ah how I missed the smart-aleckness of Papa whilst I was gone lol.

I'll be home at 4:00 Central today, will play then if that option is still available, after advance I'll take the dynasty back over and re-issue the invites again.

Also, Papa, BIG thanks for you guys helping me out in the 4th Horseman while I was gone. I truly appreciate it.

15. Jman

Good to be back. And ah how I missed the smart-aleckness of Papa whilst I was gone lol.

I'll be home at 4:00 Central today, will play then if that option is still available, after advance I'll take the dynasty back over and re-issue the invites again.

Also, Papa, BIG thanks for you guys helping me out in the 4th Horseman while I was gone. I truly appreciate it.

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Please do take back over the OD lol. I'm tired of it already!

so, we should be advancing tonight right?

I'll be on around 7-8 pm central to advance if I can so you can take it over

17. Papa Perry

If you saw my score then you would know why I wanna advance. Also, no problem with helping out in the 4th Horseman although I didn't use your team. Auburn's QB and WR's in that OD are FREAKS. It was oh so easy to score but then again I couldnt stop anything with the 4-2-5 unless I controlled a safety which I don't like to do with the 4-2-5 because I tend to stray away from SIM play and basically use them like a linebacker and get way too many TFL's.

18. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

that should be good for me Jman, post in here when your ready to go... i'am free all night and i'll check around 4:00 central.

19. Jman

I'm headed home in 15 so I'll be on at about 4:15 central if its still all good.

20. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

i'll be on then waitin for ya.

21. Papa Perry

Huronia seems like he is very anxious to beat dat ass

22. dakota7

I used to know a girl like that, too

23. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Cowboys play nearly perfect game, beat OU 20-17

Before the game I tried to find a weakness in OU and sat there for literally 15 minutes and couldn't think of one. My strategy was pretty simple, keep Bradford off the field and don't let Jermaine Greisham completely molest my young secondary.

OU jumped out to an early 7-0 lead scoring on their first possession, Bradford connected on a 41 yard pass to B.Caleb.

On the next drive the Cowboys capped off a long 14 play drive with a 32 yard Fieldgoal by Bailey.

The next drive saw Bradford literally nickle and dime my defense the entire way down the field when LB Barnes picked off a pass intended for TE Greisham and returned it 91 yards for the touchdown, running over RB Murrary on the 5 yard line to find paydirt. This proved to be the biggest play of the day for the Cowboys.

The 2nd quarter saw the sooners have yet another successful drive capped off by a Stevens 36 yarder.

To cap off the scoring in the 2nd quarter senior RB Kendall Hunter found the endzone on a 15 yard run up the right side.

The 3rd quarter saw both teams exchange punts throughout.

The 4th quarter began with the Cowboys up 17-10 on the sooners.

On the first drive of the 4th quarter the sooners had yet another successful drive capped off by Bradford to Caleb yet again on a 9 yard slant pattern.

On the next drive the Cowboys chewed up as much clock as they could and ended up getting into the Sooners redzone, on a 3rd and 4 from Sooner 16 the Cowboys ran a slant pattern that was broke up in a marvelous play by the Sooner DB, forcing State to kick a 33 yarder with 2:47 left.

On the final Sooner drive Bradford was having his way with my Dbs when I believe Caleb caught a pass over the middle and my freshman FS Dawson jarred the ball lose and freshman DE Justin Ramirez recovered for the win.

Key Stats:

QB - Culp - 9/15 -118 yards - 0 tds - 0 ints

RB - Hunter - 55 yards - 11 carries - 1 TD
    RB - Pratt - 38 yards - 9 carries

TE - Matt Justice - 7 catches, 107 yards (I had no idea he had this many yards)

DE - Justin Ramirez - 7 tackles - 2 tfls - 2 sacks - 1 FR
    CB - Markelle Martin - 5 tackles - INT
    LB - Justin Barnes - 3 tackles - INT - TD

Recruting Trail -

Cowboys have signed two of their top targets in recruiting, the top player in Texas Free Saftey Steven Stephens(#1 FS), and texan WR Jamarcus Concepcion.

Stephens (6'5" 210) is the first 5 star signed under coach Huronia's reign at Okie State and he will contribute very early for the Cowboys both on special teams and at defensive back.

Concepcion (6'2" 221) is a big strong Wide Out who is going to see the field very early as well, and with his athleticm will be a great deep threat for the Cowboy QBs.

24. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We'll advance here in a minute, but will have to wait for Jman..

I'm texting him now

25. Jman

I just got it, sorry Murk.

Fellas I'm at the HS I coach for's district duals so I'm typing this from my phone now. I'll take off early in a bit and be home to re-invite within the hour.