Week 5 Season 3

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jan 14, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

=============== #9 Washington Huskies (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Huskies were idle.
    This week, the Huskies travel to Corvallis to face the #21 Oregon State Beavers (3-0).

=============== #16 UCLA Bruins (3-0) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 30-0 against Arizona State (3-1).
    This week, the Bruins will host #24 Boise State (2-1).

=============== Cal Golden Bears (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Golden Bears were idle.
    This week, the Golden Bears will host USC (1-2).

=============== #21 Oregon State Beavers (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 42-21 against San Diego State (1-2).
    This week, the Beavers will host #9 Washington (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Mike Beck has committed to Oregon State

=============== Utah Utes (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Utah won 49-35 against USC (1-2).
    This week, the Utes travel to Cincinnati to face the Cincinnati Bearcats (2-1).

=============== #19 Arizona State Sun Devils (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Arizona State lost 30-0 against UCLA (3-0).
    This week, the Sun Devils will host Stanford (3-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Dan Riley has committed to Stanford

=============== Arizona Wildcats (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 31-3 against Alabama (2-1).
    This week, the Wildcats are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Corey Lumpkin has committed to Arizona

=============== Colorado Buffaloes (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Colorado won 45-7 against Colorado State (1-2).
    This week, the Buffaloes will host Washington State (1-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Colorado targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Tom Johnson has committed to Colorado

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

UCLA beats Boise State 30-7. The passing game is getting better for UCLA as they throw for 200+ yards for the second consecutive game. Andrew Crenshaw was only held to 62 rushing yards as the Bruins offensive line just couldn't hold their blocks against the Boise State's talented defensive line. The Bruins are looking forward to their bye week to see if anything of the interested players will commit.

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

That was probably the most mentally demanding game of NCAA I've ever played. Cincy didnt quit! and ran the hurry up the entire game! Let's just say, my Defense doesnt expect to be ranked too high after this one. Jordan Luallen picked on us all game, going 37 for 58 for 620 yards including 34 passes in the first half!! He threw 4 TDs to his team and 3 to mine on his 6 INTs.
    It was a sloppy game offensively for me as I could never get a rhythm going. Cox managed 261 yards passing with 4 TDs but threw 3 INTs. The star of our offense was Kenneth Scott who broke out for 4 catches, 125 yards and 4 TDs! Palamo ran for 119 on the ground while averaging 8.5 per attempt.
    Even though defense was exhausting, this was probably my best game of user coverage in a long time. The Dline was worthless as the passes were all too quick. CB Wykie Freeman nabbed 2 INTs, taking one back 92 yards for a score. SS Eric Rowe saved a TD and took one of his own back 101 yards for a score and MLB Shawn Dangerfield grabbed one and took it back 82 yards for a score. CB Darren Harrison and FS Micheal Walker each pulled one in as well. Wakler, Payne and Kruger each forced fumbles on the day that Lotulelei and Mitchell recovered.
    Even special teams had a great game. Newton returned the opening kick to the house but it was called back for clipping. He still almost broke both of his other returns as well and averaged 34.6 in the statbook. Harrison almost broke a punt return as well, taackled by the last man after going 52 yards.

Final Score
    Utah: 65
    CIN: 31

4. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Colorado 38
    WSU 21

After Colorado gives up 21 points in the 1st quarter, they shut out Washington State for the rest of the game. They were however out gained 256-221, but that mostly had to do with turnovers. Colorado didn't complete a pass in the 2nd half, but still came up with the win because of a good defense, and a great run game. Tony Jones played well with 25 carries and 116 yards, 1 TD, but the underclassmen Malcom Creer was the big surprise. He had 5 carries for 59 yards and 2 touchdowns. Paul Richardson ended the day with 2 touchdowns and 270 all purpose yards. Colorado moves to 4-0 on the season and 2-0 in conference.

5. IrishBearcat

Bout to kickoff against USC... crossing my fingers that I can throw my first passing TD this season before my 15th pick. :D

6. IrishBearcat

CALIFORNIA: 24
    SOUTHERN CAL: 17
    FINAL

Wow, finally had an AVERAGE game passing. That's a big deal, my QBs entered this game with 10 total interceptions, and 0 touchdown passes. We threw only 1 pick this game, went 50% passing, racked up 150+ passing yards for the first time all season, and even had a TOUCHDOWN PASS for 92 yards!!! :D

USC scored first on an incredible end around out of the wildcat formation for a huge touchdown. Cal responded by putting a nice drive together to tie it up with RB Justin Goode scoreing his first career touchdown. The defense started to really shine in the 2nd quarter for Cal by shutting out the Trojan offense for the quarter. The Golden Bear offense added another touchdown on a 63 yard touchdown burst up the middle by RB Trajuan Briggs to push the lead to 14-7. Cal added another FG behind the leg of K Lee Tremblay to go ahead 17-7 at the halftime break.

The third quarter was dominated by the Trojans. The defense shutout Cal, and SC RB Dillon Baxter closed the deficit to 17-14 on 2 yard TD rush on a lengthy drive.

USC got inside the 5 yard line but Cal's defense tightened up to force a field goal. K Andre Heidari's 26 yard field goal tied the game at 17-17. QB Kyle Boehm hit WR Keenan Allen on a streak where he broke free from the defender for a 92 yard touchdown pass, the first of the season! The score would be the final points of the game, pushing California to 3-1 with their 24-17 victory over their rival USC.

UP NEXT: Oregon State - MNoffke

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  7. IrishBearcat

8. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

All I know is that he said he would be back in town Sunday afternoon, I'll be home around 4 or 5 pm est so hopefully around then.

9. IrishBearcat

Advancing at halftime of the Packers game.