Week 5 Season 4

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jan 31, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    Advance Max: Wednesday @10PM EST
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  2. IrishBearcat

A few notes on this week:

#1) I hate bye weeks, especially two in the first 5 weeks. HURRY UP PLEASE :)

#2) fuzzyl0gic, Philstyle3005 and myself softened up the Buckeyes for you. Oshiomohgo must have it out for them, LOL.

#3) Having been Colorado in our Big XII OD from 2010 and then CSU in our MWC OD from 2011 I know all too well about that rivalry game. It's a tougher game than it looks regardless of what side your on. Philstyle is a great coach though, I expect him to roll.

#4) Stud QB Dan Larsen came away impressed with his visit to UCLA for their 52-10 rout of the #9 Nebraska, but only impressed enough to move them as his slight leader. All signs point to Coach -Cougars- temper being the factor that held off his commitment, along with a roster full of QBs. Cal has a great shot to win him over in week 7 against Arizona if they can top BakerWildcat7 's squad.

#5) Oshiomogho should be tested with Oregon, they are oozing with talent. 4-0 or 3-1? Utes ball hard?

BONUS) Still hating bye weeks. Can't wait to open up conference play with a trip to play MNoffke 's Oregon State squad.

• Like Like x 1
  3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Loving that I get to play Washington next week :)

4. IrishBearcat

It'll be an epic top 5 matchup of the rematch of the rematch from last season. Fuzzy better not choke against the Buckeyes to make the matchup less exciting!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

[​IMG]
    Utah: 52
    Oregon: 14

Utah may have been outplayed for the majority of the game but Oshi-ball made the difference. First, after getting an early 3 point lead, Utah's defense gave up some yards but all day, they made their stand when it was needed. and after forcing a long FG, Lucky Radley did his thing on the return for 99 yards untouched for a score. Into the 2nd quarter, Dangerfield nabbed an interception and ran it back 25 yards to score. The Following drive Utah got penetration and forced a terrible pick that Mitchell intercepted and he was gone. At this point it was 24-0 without an offensive score. Finally Utah got a lucky break (no pun intended) when Cox overthrew Setzer deep over the middle and the ball went perfectly to a wide open Lucky Radley who beat the defense on a 66 yard score. Oregon managed a late TD with 10 seconds to go on a Qb scramble.

Things slowed down in the second half. Finally Utah got something going at the end of the 3rd quarter and ended up punching it in early 4th. After another tremendous interception by Dangerfield, he took another one back to score, this time for 67 yards. After a quick 3 and out Utah turned to the running game to close it out and finally, they broke something. After being shut down all game, Newton sprung through the defense for a 67 yard exclamation point. In the final minute Oregon tacked on a meaningless score to make it 52-14

Oregon outgained Utah 391-361 but were -2 in the TO margin and -28 in the points off TO comparison. Cox had a very very sloppy game, only connecting with 36% of his passes, missing wide open men often. He did get roughed up tho but only took 3 sacks. Radley was the star of the offense with a career high 127 receiving yards on 3 grabs and the 1 TD. Newton ended with 115 yards on 15 carries with 2 scores. banks recorded one more sack today as he tries to keep his national lead.

Photos coming

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

OSU 31 - VT 14

RB Jackson was knocked out of the game with a dislocated shoulder and finished the day with 7 carries for 24 yards and 1 TD. RB Agnew and Stevens stepped up in the run game. Agnew had his first 200 yard rushing yard game and added 2 TDs. Stevens scored his first rushing TD of the season as well. OSU played it conservative once Jackson was knocked out of the game.

Virgina Tech play tough on pass defense but gave up several big runs. OSU has a big game coming up week 6 at home against Cal. The last two games have gone into OT.

7. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Should be another quick week. Just philstyle and murk left to play their games.

8. IrishBearcat

Impressive win. I think Utah is doing VERY well, but I won't be sold until you start beating some quality user teams! :)

Solid win, hopefully I sneak up in the rankings and our game will be a top 10 matchup. Next week will be very exciting with UCLA v Washington as well.

MurkYa21 is getting his internet fixed tomorrow, and Philstyle3005 has a game left as well.

9. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Mine is done. I'll write the recap tomorrow while at work. Too tired to do it now.

10. IrishBearcat

I'll contact MurkYa21 tomorrow to get an update on WHEN he is scheduled to have his internet fixed. We'll advance or wait for Murk depending on the time-frame. Stay tuned.

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It's supposed to be in the morning, my game will be played before 3pm central unless they don't show up or can't fix it. So if it's not in by 3 feel free to move forward..

12. IrishBearcat

Appreciate ya getting back to us even without internet access at your pad. Roger that, we'll proceed as directed.

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah just wait till tomorrow please

14. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Colorado 41
    Colorado St. 21

Colorado started this game off like they would dominate, going up 21-0, but then Colorado St. would score 14 unanswered points going into the half to change things little bit. Luckily, Colorado came out and scored, and eventually took a 31-14 lead. Colorado St. would answer with a touchdown to cut the lead to 10, then would force a punt with 4 minutes left in the game. Colorado St. however, would make a huge mistake and throw a pick 6 right to the Colorado Secondary who had an easy 30 yard dash for a touchdown. Nick Hirschman had his best day as a Buffalo throwing for almost 300 yards and a touchdown. Tony Jones add 77 yards and 2 tds. The Buffaloes are 4-0 and play Arizona St next week.

15. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

-Cougars- Can you play today after the advance? CANT WAIT

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'll be playing within the next hour or so.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Washington State 44
    Stanford 37

I really hate my team, but we're stickin in there.. I nearly blew a 14 point lead in this one, but I got super lucky in the end. I threw for 480 yards a 3 TDs, but was sacked 6 times and through 6 interceptions (the most i have thrown in any game). After scoring the game tying TD, Stanford picked off Halliday and was set up with great field position with under a minute left. It looked like I was going to lose at this point, but on a 3rd and goal Junior MLB Logan Mayes stripped the running back of the ball and Senior SS Max Gama took it 94 yards for a TD as time expired.

Mayes came up with the big play at the end of the game, and led the WSU defense throughout the day recording 8 tackles (6 solo), 2 TFL, and 2 FF.

18. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

ill be home around 1:45 p.m.

19. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Alright see ya then, we already advanced. It may be a few more mins I'm playing my OC game against FSU right now. They're kicking my ass!!

20. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Haha I'm home now.