Week 5 - Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jan 14, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 5 - Season 5

Hard Advance for 8 pm central Friday/Saturday

No big user games this week, but some very big games nonetheless! It’s week 5 and a lot of teams are starting conference play including new coaches in some high profile jobs.

Week 4's Players of the Week
    Offense:
    TBD

Defense:
    TBD

National Broadcasts:

#11 UCLA 2-1 (1-0) @ #16 Arizona State 2-0 (1-0)

Arizona State holds the #10 Total Defense but the #115 Total Offense. Statistically UCLA is a middle of the pack team so far, but it’s early and the Arizona State Offense doesn’t seem to be very good. UCLA should come away from this game with a win.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score

UCF 1-1 (1-0) @ #1 Ohio State 1-0

Can UCF pull the major upset? Does Ohio State have an answer for Mike Berg? UCF always beats teams like this, but they did almost drop on in the swamp last season to a lesser team than this version of the Buckeyes. This one should be a great game.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score

Kansas 3-0 @ #15 Texas Tech 2-1

Kansas is very banged up right now and goes to Lubbock against a very good Texas Tech team. Texas Tech is turnover prone and that can always be an equalizer….but Tech roles here anyway.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score

Regional Broadcasts:

#9 Tennessee 2-1 (1-0) @ Auburn 1-1 (1-0)

Tennessee is better statistically and rankings wise in every possible way, however, Jordan Hare has historically been one of the toughest places in the Country to play. This should also be a great game. This would be a huge win for Auburn both in conference and nationally.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score

Kent State 3-0 (1-0) @ Eastern Michigan 1-1

Kent State takes their #17 ranked pass offense to Eastern Michigan to face off against the #8 total defense in the country…Yes that’s correct. Can Eastern Michigan defend a slant route? We’ll find out.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score

#13 Tulsa 4-0 (1-0) @ Houston 1-2 (0-1)

Tulsa has the #1 total offense in college football, but the #120 total defense in the country. I know it’s early in the season, but that means Tulsa has been torched a few times and goes to play a good offensive football team in Houston. I expect a shootout.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score

Purdue 2-1 @ Illinois 1-1

Purdue and Illinois square off in a rivalry game for the Cannon Trophy! More like Purdue is going to Debo the Cannon Trophy from Illinois. My grandmamma gave me that chain! Purdue gets another tune-up without Denard Robinson before the showdown in Happy Valley next week.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score

Colorado 2-1 @ Oklahoma State 0-2 (0-1)

This is a big game for Colorado. If they can get this win to start conference play it would be huge, and with their schedule could set them up to break into the top 25. Trips to Stillwater are never any fun though.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score

Other Games:

Arizona 1-2 @ Washington State 1-2 (0-1)

Arizona also opens conference play going to the Palouse to play the Cougars. Washington State won vs a FCS school but has had a mud hole stomped in them by everyone else, Zona will be no different. Washington State is missing their starting QB and are fresh of a major league butt kicking vs. UCLA. Arizona can’t afford a letdown a week before their showdown with USC.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score

Bowling Green 2-0 @ Temple 0-2 (0-1)

Bowling Green has about every edge possible in this game as well. Temple has the worst offense in the country. The only question is how much will Bowling Green win by? The countdown is on for Coach Ravedown to split…. it’s only a matter of time.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

good work troy..thanks

3. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

You can thank me for the QB being out. Next time dude might want to get rid of the ball instead of trying to run for the first down! (y)

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

They had a QB hurt before your game....now they are down to the 3rd string?

5. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Didn't know that. I just remember at one point in the second half the WSU QB started to run and my LB just laid him out and he was out. I never checked for how long, but didn't see him the rest of the way. Maybe it was just for the game.

6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

On a side note, when's the hard advance set for this week? Just wondering if Riptides and Jman will be back to play before we have to advance.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm going to try and get two volunteers to play those games.

8. BDSDIGITAL

Out of curiosity, let's say the Parrothead plays Riptides game, and loses..does it stay a loss, or are we doing that on assumption of a user win? ps I'd play jman's game if needed....(y)

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

If you see my post in the locker room, I am just asking that some people play the games (super sim when possible), and quick call for recruiting.

This is much better than letting the CPU sim, soo...

No, that's alright. Much rather have someone outside the OD so york doesnt have to reinvite, reinvite, reinvite. Thanks though!

10. BDSDIGITAL

Jman will be disappointed that you didn't let me do it....hahaha

11. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

And I was planning to run Auburn's stats into the ground! lol

12. BDSDIGITAL

Arizona 45 @ Wazzu 14

Ryan Hamby had a career day with 208 rushing yards a 3 scores. The defense and special teams has some awesome hits, forced 4 turnovers and played very well throughout. The Cougs actually came out and played really well for the first quarter and a half, then got boat raced in the 2nd half.

Next up is a HUGE game vs. USC.

13. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Name 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    CU 0 17 7 10 34
    OSU 13 3 6 7 29

BUFFS HOLD ON IN STILLWATER!!!

The University of Colorado defeated Oklahoma State University 34-29 today. The game took place in a torrential down pour in front of 80,000 plus at Boone Pickens Stadium. The Buffs made several mistakes in this game to keep it close 3 TO and several blown coverages lead to Cowboy scores. When the Buffs held onto the ball they moved up and down the field. Freshman sensation John Harris continued to cary the load handling the rock 34 times for 162 yards and 1 score. SR QB Clark Evans was 17-25 for 251 yards with 2 TD's and 3 INT's, 2 of which came on tipped balls. Despite the TOP being in Colorado's favor they found themselves down for most of the 1st half. At one point it was 16-7 with the Boys driving inside the 15 yard line. The OSU QB dropped back and being rushed threw into double coverage. SR CB Derrick Richards picked the ball off at the 1 and returned it 99 yards to bring the Buffs back to within 2. The Colorado Defense seemed to feed off this and shut the Boys O down. OSU scored to open the 2nd half with a 89 yard kick return and again scored late with 24 sec left under a prevent defense. "This is always a tough place to play, this game was up in the air for too long. I was pacing the sideline for 3/4 of the game. That Pick 6 was just what the doctor ordered and we seemed to settle down after that." said Coach York after the game. The Buffs are 1-0 in conference and 3-1 overall. They head home to take on Texas A&M next weekend. Not to look over the Aggies but after talking to the team it seems they want some revenge against Texas down in Austin in two weeks.

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Purdue pitches a shut out!

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Pur 7 3 14 7 31
    Ill 0 0 0 0 0

Illinois' first drive came to an abrupt stop after they chose to run an option play from the 1 yard line. The pitch was interception, and it was Purdue from there on out.

Two Freshman had standout games on their respective sides of the ball. True Freshman OLB Jake Hawkins lead the team in tackles with 11, 4 of them being for loss. Redshirt Freshman TJ Smith was named player of the game, and made some great plays. His numbers weren't "amazing", but he did make some really good plays. He threw a couple late picks in the fourth quarter, and threw the ball a lot more than usual.

Highlights:
    TD; T. Smith pass to E. Williams for 14yds
    T. Smith pass to E. Williams for 12yds - def. watch this one!!
    T. Smith pass to A. Waters for 27yds
    INT-TD; J. Taylor intercepted by J. Williams

15. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

#13 TULSA DEFEATS RIVAL HOUSTON 20-3
    [​IMG]
    Quarterback Shavodrick Beaver (#7) leads the Golden Hurricanes with his arm and legs.

TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th TOT
    HOU 0 3 0 0 3
    TULSA 7 10 0 3 20

With acting replacement Coach Frisk, #13 Tulsa was able to defeat Houston with a combination of good defense and conservative offense. Tulsa had 334 yards of total offense with 240 being on the ground while Houston mustered 151 yards total offense. Beaver threw for just under 100 yards and rushed for 47 yards allowing Senior Alex Singleton to rush for 124 yards off of 19 carries with 1 TD. Tulsa was led defensively by LB Zac Rutledge who had 8 tackles and 1 TFL.

Next week #13 Tulsa (5-0,2-0) squares up with #6 Southern Mississippi (4-0, 1-0)

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Thanks Perry and Frisk!

Umm...

I think that should be good then man..

We'll definately wait so J can play Ike..

Jman gets back the 18th, and Rip the 17th. That should be good guys, thanks alot.

edit: We are now just waiting on Nati and Parrothead

17. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'll update this post with a summary. I kinda got carried away.

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You guys really don't need to ...just needed them out of the way while they were gone. thanks

19. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

No prob guys, don't hesitate to ask if you need anything else.

20. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'll be getting mine in tonight, then.

21. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Hey - Dont wanna be called a cheater so I want league opinion... I was playing tOSU and was losing in the 4th... My girlfriend came down and went to turn on the kitchen light but flipped the wrong switch shutting down the power to my box. I can replay (and lose) or take the sim (just dont want injuries) so what u want me to do?

22. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Nati if I had a say it depends on how close the game was. If you were within 14 with over 3 min left I say play the game again and no biggie. You have never done this thing in the past so it shouldn't be a problem. If you were down more than that in the 4th then take the loss and move on. I got no problem in you replaying it if you had a shot of winning. Damn girlfriends they can't do anything right. Hopefully you yelled at her and made her feel bad!!!

23. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

I beat her with a bag of sweet valencia oranges... they do all the damage and won't leave a bruise.

24. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

yeah I use the Phone Book same thing lol

25. BDSDIGITAL

Not that anyone gives a crap what I think, but if it was close you should just replay it. I don't think your credibility is even remotely in question....just my pair of pennies.

BTW I use a bar of soap in a sock, code red style on my girl...but to each their own.