Week 5 - Season 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BDSDIGITAL, Feb 26, 2010.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Week 5 - Season 6

Ok, it's week 5 ladies!

Some games are already done, but there are some pretty big games this week.

Colorado vs. Missouri - Colorado should have no problem getting to the conference title game

Iowa vs. #15 Ohio State - Big game for Iowa to get some national respect

#10 Purdue vs. Minnesota - Perry v. Murk big conference game for these two

#21 Arizona vs. Wash. St. - yuck!!!!!

#20 UCLA vs. Arizona St. Parrothead beats up on my little brother :D Speaking of Parrothead's, Jimmy Buffet was at Margaritaville here at Universal Studios the other night with his band. I decided not to go, turns out my buddies said it was an insane blast..too bad I missed it.

#16 Tulsa vs. Houston - This is where Horner starts his march to break Barry Sanders NCAA rushing record. You can go ahead and start engraving the heisman now.

Texas A & M vs. #2 Texas Tech - Max vs. Knight! This one should be alot of fun

Washington vs. Stanford - Dakota, these PAC 10 computer teams can be very tricky at times...just remember I told you.

#5 Wisconsin vs. #3 Michigan - 1ke gets another crack at the team he beat for the championship last year.

#25 Cal vs. USC - What the hell happened to USC? We've just come into this conference and bullied them.

A few general observations:

1. The cpu teams in the Pac 10 picked up right where they left off against me at least. I don't know what the deal is with the dog fights I'm getting into with bad teams but it's gotta stop.

2. I would almost guarantee a user v. user national championship this year.

3. There are some vastly under rated, and over rated teams this year. No names please....There are at least 3 undefeated teams that are either un ranked or barely ranked including Arizona, who has a signature win already.

That is all. Good luck everyone this week.

2. BDSDIGITAL

#21 Arizona 35 - Washington State 26

Don't even ask!

No stats for this game, my dudes don't deserve any notoriety after this disgusting performance.

Chris Hamby gets the game ball with 30 carries, a buck fiddy and 2 scores.

I'll chalk it up to the rain, my being sick, and being in a party chat while playing this... at least I hope so...gotta right the ship soon, I have two games before I get Oregon and UCLA back to back.

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

My boy is going to see buffet this weekend in south florida don't ask me where I just know its somewhere south of WPB. Speaking of concerts my wife and I just scored some tickets to Zac Brown Band and Dave Matthews Band in July here in Louisville. Should be a booze filled good time. Colorado got a much needed win against 2-1 Mizzou. They(mizzou)played pretty well the QB was lights out. I think they were 2-5 on 4th down conversions. The kickers in this game suck the CPU goes for it 5 times? They went for it 4 times before the 4th Qtr. My skills seem to be regressing I think I am getting worse at this game as time goes by.

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Ole Troy (Brian) playin the excuse game and York playin the I am gettin worst as time goes on lol. Big game A&M vs TT tonight, the aggies look to take a Top 5 team down and their second top 10 team in 3 weeks and jump in the top 25

5. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Kid can flat out run. Hell, he put up 550+ in three USER games...Houston didn't stand a chance against him.

30+ carries for 200 even and 4 scores. Beast.

More details on the game tonight.

6. BDSDIGITAL

I was looking at the rushing stats last night and saw that he was at 800 yards does that count the houston game? Houston is his 5th game right?

7. KnightNoles

I remember when troy said this about Berry in C2C, and he sat out most of the year with an injury..............

8. BDSDIGITAL

It's sooooo true. He would have done it too, that's what sucks about it.

I didn't take into account that Horner has like 2 more games under his belt than Hamby does. Hamby has only played 3 games and is almost at 500 yards which would put him on pace for 2000 in the regular season, and he sat the 4th quarter of the game last night because he got hurt. So Horner might not be as far ahead of my guy as I thought.

9. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

He puts on a great show (if you like his music). The tailgating beforehand is even better!

Should be Ft. Lauderdale. ZBB will be awesome. I missed out on those guys when they were in town here. Won't make that mistake again!

10. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

UCLA lays the smack down on Arizona State, beating them 43-6. ASU's only score came on an 84 yard kickoff return (my special teams kill me sometimes). UCLA dominated the game in every facet, allowing just over 100 yards of offense to the Sun Devils. The D is playing very well, and the offense isn't making mistakes. Time to start the climb back up the rankings!

POTG to be named later.

11. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Iowa 35, #15 Ohio State 23

Unranked Iowa Stuns Ohio State!!!
    [​IMG]

The Iowa mini-Steelers brought the yellow, black, smash-mouth running game and a stout 3-4 into Ohio Stadium hoping for a fortuitous result and hit the jackpot. The grind-it-out running game, lead by Senior HB Kenneth Thomas, helped rack up a whopping 21:43-6:29 TOP advantage. The defense held up their end of the bargain, coming up with 4 INTs and holding the Ohio State offense to one TD until the final minute of the game. Iowa QB Timi Miller struggled a bit and was benched after throwing his second INT (one returned for TD). Backup Willie Smith came in and provided some versatility, throwing for 21 yards and rushing for 29, including a couple of huge first downs.

O POTG: HB Kenneth Thomas: 28 carries, 144 yards, TD

D POTG: CB Dorian Dickerson: 2 tackles, 2 INT

12. Jman

After 5 he's at 977 or so.

Current pace would put him at 2100 going into my user game with Knigh at the end and a Conf. Championship game and bowl game remaining after that.

We shall see I suppose. I'm already saddened about most assuredly losing him to the NFL early though.

13. BDSDIGITAL

See, that's not bad I won't catch him but I can keep it close enough to get on the list anyway.

14. Jman

Part of me wants to put the record out of sight...but...I refuse to use him more than one series into the 4th because I'll need him later in the year lol.

15. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Washington 42
    Stanford 7

Complete domination by the Huskies, who ran all over the Cardinal. The Huskies ran for over 300 yards and 4 scores on the ground. The defense held Stanford to under 250 total yards. Most of the starters got the second half off. Bye week next week and then back to back conference user games against UCLA and Cal.

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Sorry I've been non existent, I'm really busy right now..

Perry, I'm gonna PM you my cell number so we can get this game in!

17. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Wisconsin Shuts Out Michigan

[​IMG]

Michigan Came into Madison for one of the biggest games Camp Randall has ever seen. Only battle bigger here at Camp Randall was a a series of drills that the civil war soldiers had to carry out.

It was a battle too, it was tough. Michigan's defense is the real deal. 4 interceptions for UM. On the second series they put out my starting stud QB. Just had to deal with it. Alot of back and forth going on here. I had alot of the ball and had a crack to own the game early. Except Michigan stopped me on 2 4th and 1 plays. Problem for Michigan though, is that my defense is championship caliber.

The game stayed 0-0 throughout the much of the first half. This amazing play by the AA TE was the difference.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17288143

The whole second half was nothing but me murdering Michigan's offense, and sweating and grinding out for two rushing TDs. I didnt even notice I ran the ball some stupid amount of times. But, Wisco gets a huuuge victory with at least 7 recruits in house to witness.

Now its tune up time until the Battle for Paul Bunyan's Axe arrives.

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Purdue hangs on without TJ Smith!

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    Pur 7 14 10 7 38
    Minn 0 7 7 19 33

Purdue jumped up to a 21-0 lead after two TD passes by Smith, and a 91 yard interception return for a TD by Sophomore OLB Jake Hawkins.

The Boilermakers played an almost perfect half until giving up a TD with 16 seconds left due to a roughing the passer call on 3rd or 4th down.

Then, in the beginning of the second half TJ Smith went out for the game, and oppurtunities started opening up for Minnesota. Purdue had to go into survival mode, and ran the ball almost every play with a few short passes.

Slowly, but surely Minnesota climbed back into the game with a few big plays and an onside kick.

It came down to Purdue having to get a first down on 3rd and 2...and they did.

great game!

Player of the Game:
    I'm gonna have to give this one to either :RS:Freshman QB Tim Mooney or Junior HB Brian Robinson. Mooney managed to play at his skill level, no more no less. He didn't make mistakes, and made some big plays when we needed them including TD passes of 42 yards (screen pass) and 20 yards, and a few big runs. Robinson basically took the team, put them on his back, and grinded it out for first downs. He had over 100 total yards and a TD.

19. KnightNoles

A&M defends home turf, beats #2 Red Raiders

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    1 2 3 4 F
    TTU 14 0 0 7 21
    A&M 3 7 7 7 24

When you play A&M your offense better be prepared to score early and in bunches, because once the defense figures it out, it's bend but don't breaks style. The Red Raiders doubled the yardage of A&M holding the advantage of total offense 455 to 231. Fast Forward to the last possession of the 4th quarter with A&M holding a 3 point advantage, 24-21. Texas Tech faced with a 4th and long completed a 38 yard pass stopping the clock with 5 secs remaining. Coach Max without any TOs tried to call a play and hurry to the line but time wasn't on the Raiders side and expired.

Texas Tech QB Harris completed 26 of 47 for 408 yards but only threw one TD and 3 INTs. The A&M defense came up huge with the INTs as they returned one for a TD and another pick came inside the redzone. Aggie QB Bonner is held back from his accuracy problem, completing 8 of 17 for 181 yards with a TD and INT.

[YOUTUBE]TKcvod97tv4[/YOUTUBE]

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    TTU A&M
    Score 21 24
    First Downs 23 8[/COLOR]
    Total Offense 455 231[/COLOR]
    Rushes-Yards-TD 28-14-2 20-50-1
    Comp-Att-TD 29-52-1 8-19-1
    Passing Yards 441 181[/COLOR]
    3rd Down 6-16 (37) 2-9 (22)
    4th Down 3-3 (100) 0-0
    Redzone-TD-FG 4-2-0 (50) 1-1-0 (100)
    Turnovers 3 1[/COLOR]
    Fumble 0 0
    Interception 3 1
    Total Yards 578 357[/COLOR]
    Punts-Avg 4-48.5 6-43.8
    Pen-Yards 2-15 0-0
    TOP 18:02 9:58

20. KnightNoles

rip just finished his game and doin recruitin... so if your bored on a Friday night, advance this shiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[youtube]pwLW1cQuHEk[/youtube]