Week 5 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, May 9, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 5 Summaries

Georgia Tech falls to 1-3 after another come-from-behind loss.

A minute and a half proved to be too much time for North Carolina, and they were able to stroll down the field and score.

Final: NC 38 GT 34 :(

2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Unbelievable loss...I was down a fg, driving, on the 25 yard line with 30 seconds left. I call a play action bootleg and instead of faking the hand off and pulling up the pass, my QB didnt fake the hand off, and the passing icons did not come up, he then proceeded to get tackled...fumbled and clemson returned it for a td to end the game....i lost on a ridiculous glitch..

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

wow...i've had similar things happen to me in a user game

4. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

ya whats up with that play action BS. I've had that happened to me many times, usually on a big play. Is it a glitch or do i hit a wrong button?

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

glitch..

6. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Virginia Tech vs. Florida State game summary

[​IMG]

Blacksburg,VA-Before the Hokie fans were in their seats Florida State quarterback Christian Ponder had hit Tavares Pressley for a 64 yard touchdown pass. "They hit a big play early, we sat back took a breath and responded the best way we know how," Hokies defensive end Jason Worilds said.Quarterback Tyrod Taylor and the Hokies offense responded with 24 unanswered points and went on to win the game 35-28.

"I was happy with the way we dealt with some early adversity," said Hokies head coach Frank Beamer. Tyrod Taylor finished the game completing 16-27 passes for 252 yards and 3 touchdowns. He also threw two interceptions.

"It was tough sleding out there today," Taylor said.

Elliot Walker caught a 68 yard touchdown pass to give the Hokies the lead half way through the first quarter. "Elliot has done nothing but great things for us this season," said Beamer. Elliot finished the afternoon with 3 catches for 97 yards and a touchdown. Senior Tight end Greg Boone added to the offense with three catches for 51 yards and a score.

The Hokies Thunder and Lightning running attack of Darren Evans and Nick Adam combine to carry the ball 40 times for 198 yards. "Those two always come ready to play,"Taylor said.

The defense gave up two late scores to make the game close. "We let them back in the game with some shotty play," Hokies defensive coordinator Bud Foster said. Once again Saftey Dorian Porch lead the way with 6 tackles. Cornerback Rashad Carmichael had five tackles and an interception for the Hokies.

With the win the Hokies take their record to 4-0 on the season. The Hokies are home again next week when they take on the North Carolina Tar Heels.

HOKIE NATION