Week 5 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Week 5 Summaries

UNLV blanks instate rival Nevada 14-0. The UNLV Defense held Nevada to 99 yards total on the day, only 8 of which were passing yards. 3 costly turnovers crippled the Wolfpack as well. UNLV QB Omar Clayton went 9 of 15 for 218 yards 1 TD and 1 INT. HB CJ Cox ran 27 times for 91 yards and a score. WR Phillip Payne mustered 2 receptions for 115 yards and a TD and on defense LB Ronnie Paulo had 5 tackles and a forced fumble.

2. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Rice Beats SMU to win its first C-USA game of the season.. Rice moves to 2-3 (1-0)

See DW for vids and a complete write up tonight.

3. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

GG Cimmy.

"For the past 2-3 years of playing NCAA this was the worst performance that I've experienced from any team." -Coach Jvigorous

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int
    Colin Kaepernick 7 3 8 0 2

Rushing ATT Yards TD Long
    Vai Taua 13 44 0 11
    Colin Kaepernick 7 -23 0 3

Receiving Catches Yards TD Long
    Virgil Green 1 4 0 4
    Chris Wellington 1 3 0 3
    Vai Taua 1 1 0 1

Offensively we didn't even get past the 50 the ENTIRE game. The only positive yards rushing came on 3rd and long where Taua got would bust 8-9 yards and still come up short. After getting extremely lucky against CPU, the wolfpack couldn't catch one break, fumbling the ball and throwing two very strange INTs. Strange as in the ball just hung in the air. Defensively the Wolfpack couldn't stop much but UNLV would miss 4 FGs and kneel the ball in my redzone. The Rebels had 5 opportunities to score.

The main factor of this extreme disappointing loss was the lag.The slow and go screwed my timing of this game. It felt like I was playing Madden 1994 on Super Nintendo with the players sliding around the field. LOL. EXAMPLE- I would press L1 to bat the ball down but the player had a second delay before any movement, I would hit a button to throw a pass to the WR but the ball but the ball wouldn't release then the QB would throw a high floater. I didn't get another chance but I would've tried holding down the button and see where that would've got me.

Another factor is Nevada playbook with these sliders..... I am considering passing the ball every play because it is absolutely pointless to try and run the pistol option when there's 2-3 D-linemen in the backfield for both your RB and QB. Looking at the roster for UNLV, they don't have the talent that Utah, BYU and Cal has but yet they penetrated.

View the Stats and Videos

The speed was probably 2x slower than what the videos show but you can still see the late reaction problems I was having.

4. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Hawaii 28 La. Tech 14

see DW for the write-up either tonight or tomorrow.

GG BobJr.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Sliders do not affect user vs user games. Threshold, game speed, and game difficulty (All American, Heisman, ect.) are the only settings that affect user games. The sliders are set to default for online user vs user play.

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

[​IMG]
    MLB Devin Johnson played well on defense with 5 tackles and 1 interception.

UTAH STATE: 10
    BYU: 24

This was a damn tough game! USU jumped out to a 10-7 lead and then after a couple turnovers we were down 21-10. The defense played well holing BYU to 3 second half points, but the offense couldn't overcome turnovers. The offense is still hurting without injured Diondre Borel. Freshmen Tyler Canales was 11 for 27 with 207 yards and 3 interceptions as a replacement.