Week 5: Vikings(34) @ Saints(31)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Oct 8, 2009
    Minnesota scurries for tunnel after stealing one from New Orleans

The clock struck :00 and before anyone could notice the entire Vikings sideline was in the locker room absolutely amazed to have gotten their first win of the season.​
    "A team that is as sloppy with the football as were today doesnt deserve to win.", Coach Jeremy was quoted as saying in his post game press conference. "Eventhough I thought we played well when we werent throwing the ball to the Saints defenders, no team that commits five turnovers deserves to win."​
    Despite the 5 turnovers, 4 of which were Matt Moore interceptions, the Vikings won in almost every phase of the game. The Vikings out gained the Saints on the ground,178 to 39, in the air 263 to 234, First Downs 13 to 12, TOP 17:17 to 14:43 & in 3rd down conversion precentage. But most importantly in the final score 34 to 31.​
    Both offenses were held in check for the entire first half as both teams struggled to run the ball. First halg highlights did include a 36-yd Interception return for a TD by the "Legend Slayer" himself, Tracy Porter. Adrian Peterson did tack on two first half TDs,one on a 15-yd run and another on a 40-yd screen pass from Matt Moore immediately following a Saints turnover.​
    The third quarter remained quiet as the Vikings continued the turnover parade. the Saints did capitalize when Reggie Bush ran it in from 2-yds out.​
    3rd Qtr.
    Despite less than mediocre results in the running game Coach Jeremy stuck with his workhorse and it finally paid huge dividends. With 4:18 remaining in the game Adrian "All-Day" Peterson took an off tackle run 85-yds for the tieing score. This time the Saints commit the turnover in their territory and Vikings would tack on a 23-yd Longwell FG to make the score 27-24 Vikings. But Drew Brees ans the Saints would not go quietly. Brees would connect with veteran WR Devery Henderson on a beautiful 21-yd scoring pass right through the middle of the Vikes secondary.​
    Score is now 31-27 Saints with 1:12 on the game clock. Matt Moore would march his team down to inside the 5-yard line when he would hit AP on a swing route to the right side but it was quickly diagnosed and he was driven out of bounds for a 2-yd loss with :02 remaining on the clock. Matt Moore would then call upon the most unlikely of heroes when he targeted free agent WR Shaun McDonald for the game winning 4-yd scoring reception.​
    "When I got in the huddle and looked around, I could see in Shaun's eyes that he was ready to prove his worth to the Vikings coaching staff and fans that he had a little left in the tank. He was my ONLY target on the play. It was either him or I was going to run for it. Luckily CB Tracy Porter gave him a little room to work as I think Porter was expecting a back corner endzone fade."​
    Saints-31 (1-3)​
    Vikings-34 (1-3)​

Adrian Peterson- 23 att. 185yds. 2TDs.
    4 rec. 49yds 1Td

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Oct 8, 2009
    Wow. Welcome to the win column. Sounds like it was a heck of a game.