Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bravejaf, Jan 16, 2010.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Week 5

Week 5

User Game(s)
    Iowa State (Knight) @ #13 Nebraska (Wader)

CPU Game(s)
    #9 USC (Papa Perry) vs Arizona State 56-6
    #6 Oregon (Huronia) @ California
    #2 Alabama (Dakota) @ Florida
    #4 Oregon State (Gwill) @ UCLA
    #1 Oklahoma (WhyGodWHY) @ Colorado 66-14
    #17 Michigan (Legend) @ Illinois
    #3 LSU (Bulgy Texas) @ Mississippi State
    #8 Ohio State (Bravejaf) vs. Indiana 49-10

Bye(s)
    #20 Tennessee

Recruiting note: I know there were some top 15 signings this week. Please post those in recruiting thread so I can update the board. I do full updates every couple weeks (season weeks, not real life).

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Tenn has a bye week and is all set to go.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Ohio State 49
    Indiana 10

The score could have been worse but OSU pulled up the reins after the half. Franklin was a little wild all game but he made some big plays. He was also helped by some big plays by the receivers. Jackson took an option pitch for 40 yards and a touchdown. Duron Carter also made a big play on a 66-yard touchdown. The other big play was a 34 yard TD grab by Lamar Thomas on a third and very long.

4. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

not my intent to score more than 60 points. Computer called a screen pass at the 5 yard line, got sacked by my backup npc players, fumbled and it was recovered in the endzone for a TD.

BTW are we doing game summaries in this thread?

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I just posted a quick summary here because I didn't remember a lot of details. I'm still going to do a full update tomorrow, probably in the morning.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

i didnt figure there was a point if i had a bye week...nothing really that exciting..

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Nebraska 31
    Iowa State 24

Heyy next time you play someone try to not call a slant pass every time you throw the damn ball, lucky that ISU doesnt have much talent to make many plays. every pass was a slant besides your 1 or 2 PA.

8. wader49

wader49 Walk On

wow keep whining. I only threw like 6 slants out of my 13 passes, and that was because your guys were tight to the line and making me throw quick passes. I'm not gonna sit bac and get sacked, instead i just make the needed throws. GG regardless, but thats the way i play, run the ball, play actions and hit hte short hitters, with teh ocasional down the field pass play.

9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

When did you go down field? It was more 10-13 of your pass were slant routes and you were very predictable, thing is you should have blown me out. I think you should mix up more routes during the game, but whatever congrats you know 5 plays

10. wader49

wader49 Walk On

the fact that you are a pretty good player kept u in the game. Obv you have way more experience with the game, as you were pretty good with your audibles and your user catching was really unreal. I was forced to play man because those jump balls were killing me. I'm done arguing, but GL in the future, you should be in a pretty good bowl game, regardless of how much talent your team has.

11. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Uh oh look at this Rivalry brewing. But wader even if you do throw just 10 or 15 passes, mix em up. No more than half of your passes should be the same routes and/or plays. Were you 2 the last ones to play?

12. Papa Perry

Looks like this Rivalry is brewing nicely. But wader even if you throw 10 or 15 passes mix em up. No more than half of your routes and/or plays should be the same. Were you 2 the last ones to play.

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Still 4 games to play, I'm doing this from memory so I may be mistaken on what games are left. Legend still has not accepted his invite for Michigan.

CPU Game(s)
    #6 Oregon (Huronia) @ California
    #4 Oregon State (Gwill) @ UCLA
    #17 Michigan (Legend) @ Illinois
    #3 LSU (Bulgy Texas) @ Mississippi State

14. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

I'll be getting my game in this afternoon after class.

15. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

it looks like my 360 has finally given out, but i should have my new 360 by Wednesday. so feel free to advance when need be.

16. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I did my recruiting last night. I am about to hop on and get my game played.

17. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

LSU Dominates MS St.

Dawgs go down in Starkville

Starkville, MS- The MS State Bulldogs went down to the LSU Tigers fighting all the way. The put up 13 points in both the 1st and 3rd quarters, but never could find an answer to the Tiger’s running game.
    Mike Ford and Marcus Newman both ran for over 100 yards with Ford going for 111 and Newman going for 141. Both players had TD’s Ford had one and Newman had 3.

The defense had a tough time stopping the pass all game long as State totaled 298 yards passing.

The win sets up a potential top 10 showdown in Baton Rouge next week between the Tigers and the Florida Gators. LSU will be hosting all 13 of their remaining targets next weekend, and hope to be dominant against the Gators to send a message to the SEC and the recruits in town.

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Commish, it is your call if you want to advance tonight/tomorrow.

2 games still to be played but Gwill said his system is down till at least Wednesday and Legend has not accepted the invite yet.

19. Papa Perry

I sent legend a msg last night. I'm gonna advance this afternoon regardless