Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by redwings8831, Nov 11, 2010.

1. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

Week 5 summaries.

2. titangator

titangator Walk On

gracias senor

3. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

Eastern Michigan fell to 0-4 with a home loss to the Kent State Golden Flashes, by the score of 35-21. Down 28-7 entering the 4th quarter, EMU scored two touchdowns quickly, cutting the deficit to 7. However, EMU couldn't hold and with 50 seconds left, KSU broke for a 96 yard touchdown run, putting the game away. Hopefully Eastern can find the winning ways next week.​

4. alemic

alemic Walk On

Iowa State @ Indiana

Close but no cigar
    [​IMG]

Indiana got their first big 12 win of the season against a struggaling Iowa State team (may i mention a good user could turn this team around and give me some competition lol).

More to come later on net is acting up want to get this quick post in

Final Score
    Indiana 27 Iowa State 17

5. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Idaho 32 - San Jose State 28
    Wow! This game was back and forth and ugly! In the fourth quarter I was winning 18-14 and driving down the field about to score. But then my terrible o-line lets my quarterback Reader get pressured and sacked causing a fumble. A linebacker picked up the ball and ran it in for a touchdown so its no 21-18 I am losing. There next drive they score again rushing down the field with ease so it's now 28-18 with 2:25 left in the game. Idaho gets the ball and right away Reader finds star tight end Taylor Elmo for a 73 yard touchdown. I make the extra point to narrow the score to 28-25 with 2:09 to go. I decide to go for the onside kick (which never works for me) and I recover it! I go down the field and Reader throws another touchdown with 35 seconds to go! That locked up the game. It was a great game but I should not have had to come back like that. The win improves Idaho to 2-3 and 2-1 in the conference.​

Stats:
    Blake Reader - 17-42 for 346 yards and 4 touchdowns​
    Ryan Bass - 18 rushes for 38 yards (pathetic I know)​
    Taylor Elmo - 3 catches for 131 yards and 2 touchdowns​

6. rice4114

rice4114 Walk On

Wow Elmo tickled that D for sure lol

7. grat23

grat23 Walk On

Tulane 45
    UAB 28

After starting the season with back to back losses, Tulane improved its record to 2-2. Tulane jumped out to an early 21-0 lead in the first quarter. At that point Tulane's offense led by RB Al Williams looked unstoppable. UAB however came back strong and Tulane's offense was ineffective for much of the 2nd half. UAB only trailed by a touchdown at the start of 4th quarter. UAB QB David Isabelle threw an interception on a potential game tying drive. Tulane was able to add TD and FG in the 4th quarter to defeat UAB 45-28.

8. titangator

titangator Walk On

MTSU at North Texas, Sun Belt opener in the rain... NEXT!

9. titangator

titangator Walk On

0-0 at the end of 1... quarter dominated by UNT however... MTSU offense only on the field for 3 plays.

10. titangator

titangator Walk On

14 to 7 UNT leads at half... MTSU to receive.

11. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

I'm not in this league, but i'm following titan. Good luck brotha.

12. titangator

titangator Walk On

huge 3rd and goal drop by the UNT halfback... not sure he would have converted but would have had the chance in the final 30 seconds of the third.. field goal was good

17 to 10 UNT leads... MTSU with a second down coming up to start the 4th...

injury bug biting MTSU bad...

13. titangator

titangator Walk On

HUGGEEEE drop that would have been a first down my MTSU receiver...

mtsu punts...unt ball at own 20

14. titangator

titangator Walk On

HUGE FUMBLE MY UNT QUARTERBACK ON FIRST PLAY OF ENSUING DRIVE... backup DE Phillip Tinsley scoops and scores...

5:24 remaining and we are tied up!

15. titangator

titangator Walk On

UNT QB FUMBLES AGAIN ON OPTION PITCH! ANOTHER SCOOP AND SCORE!!!

24-17 MTSU LEADS

16. titangator

titangator Walk On

BEAUTIFUL drive by UNT to tie it up...2:16 left and UNT kicks to MTSU with the score tied at 24

17. ThePaw

oooo shit

18. alemic

alemic Walk On

hey Paw... im following this one as well

19. ThePaw

What's up alemic! You leading this thing? 1 star dynasty huh? Wish I had the patience for that big of a rebuilding project lol

20. titangator

titangator Walk On

MTSU goes 3 and out.... too conservative...

UNT makes them pay... TD with 37 seconds left...

MTSU will get ball with two time outs left(and a 57 overall qb lol)

21. alemic

alemic Walk On

Yes sir i am lol... Paw its a hell of a dynasty man you should join it... You can go through the crappy teams and seasons with all of us lol

22. titangator

titangator Walk On

UNT pulls out the win 31 to 24... MTSU had a shot at the end.. had a throw to the endzone... but came up incomplete...

Carolina, man that was a fucking AWESOME game.... unbelievable game, loved playing it... your a good, clean, sim baller... gotta love and respect that, mad props bro...

Wow, im tired now lol... write up coming..

23. titangator

titangator Walk On

MTSU FALLS TO CONFERENCE FOE UNT 31-24
    MTSU came into this game riding a hot streak, outscoring their opponents by a whopping 60 to 10, however UNT was up for the challenge, and a challenge it was. This was a hard fought Sun Belt conference opener for both teams. UNT dominated the first quarter, and one would say really could have dominated the entire game if it wasnt for 3 fumbles at very critical times, 2 of these being returned for touchdowns, that is all part of football however, Coach Hickerson would go on to say. "We sputtered on offense, gave up lots of yards on defense, but we made it a game and competed, thats what we do, we compete and find ways to win, we tried tonight, but it didn't work out the way we wanted. Hats off to Coach Carolina and North Texas, his guys fought through adversity and pulled out a solid win," said a mentally fatigued and frustrated Coach Hickerson. True freshman quarterback Gordon Archie made some good passes, but then some bad passes and starting tailback Ben Cunningham went down for 4 weeks. "We are battling some injury problems right now, Benny(starting tailback), Logan(starting QB) and Omar(starting DE) are all gonna miss some signifigant playing time, but now is not the time for excuses, we are getting into conference play and now is the time to man up, find out what we are made of, and like i said earlier, we just gotta find ways to win," said Hickerson. The Blue Raiders are off next week and will have a little time to heal up, but I do not think it will be enough time to heal up for those three critcial playmakers as they will all miss a little game time. After the bye week the Blue Raiders will finally play their first home game of the year, which doesn't come until October 8, the latest ever for the Blue Raiders, at they host arch nemesis Western Kentucky.

24. titangator

titangator Walk On

thanks for the support Paw lol, and yea, you should join, hella fun stuff

25. Wayne

Wayne Walk On

Mid Tenn State 24 vs North Texas 31

This was a tall of Dr Jackle and Mr Hyde staring Derrick Teagarden the Freshman QB was simple amasing and horrible at the same time. He looked like Michael Vick and Peyton Combined scrambling around completing passes, then it came time for him to show of his legs and he coughed it up at the site of contact have 3 fumbles 2 of which where returned for a TD the other costed his team seven points by coughing it up on the 2. The coach after the game was asked about benching Teadgarden if he keeps having ball secruity issues Coach Brady responded with "Its certainly apossibility 9 times out of 10 that doesnt happen you dont win this game, somehow in a game i felt we dominated we find ourselves behind by 7 with 3 minutes to go but then again i like the kids posse. He lead us back playing mistake free football when it counted the most as much as i hate to see the ball on the ground with out Teagarden out there where lucky to score 10 points. The bottom line is for us to win a Sun Belt Confrence title Teagarden has to be on the field and securing the football its that simple." The MTS offense was one of ground and pound, NTS had a tough time stopping there running backs they seem to have a bend but dont break style to them. It was a all around good game extreme highs and lows for both fans. It definatly was a fan please and hopefully you took your heart meds or you may have been in trouble on this one. Id look for this one to be a ESPN instant classic

MVP
    Derrick Teegarden 17 for 22 328yards 2 TD's

Stat of the game
    NTS 7 of 9 3rd conversions

Defensive MVP
    TL Edwards
    3 Tackles 1 FF 1 FR 1 TD