Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by trutest, Sep 20, 2009.

1. trutest

trutest Walk On

Jul 26, 2009
    Week 5

Post summary here
  2. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Jun 24, 2009
    Titans 20 - Colts 17

The real story here would have to be the defense. There were a few players who had some good numbers but in the clutch Kerry Collins and the Wideouts would make a big play to run more time off the clock.

Chris Johnson again runs out of his own shoes for over 200 yards on the ground, but as forementioned, the defense is where the story is at.

Cortland Finnegan ended the game when he picked off a deep bomb by Peyton Manning intended for Reggie Wayne. Keith Bullocks and Nick Harper also had crucial interceptions - both in the endzone while the colts were driving into the redzone.

There was also a key fumble turnover to help the Titans keep on top. Peyton Manning still had outstanding numbers, but failed to follow through in the clutch.

Titans manage to squeek through another conference game. It wasn't until after the game, while being questioned on the standings of the AFC was it that Coach Nati heard rumor that The Jacksonville Jaguars headcoach had walked away from the program following the thrashing the Titans gave them the week before.

"It's hard to hear something like that - You have alot of luck, some big plays, and then congratulate the other coach just to shake their hand knowing they'd rather spit in your face. This is Smashmouth football, if you can't hang then I guess it's just better to let go. Nobody is immortal" Saint said as he exitted the field.

Great Game Colts - Looking forward to our second matchup!
  3. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Jul 24, 2009
    Week 5 Seattle hosts Jacksonville and New coach BosoxFan58, (how lucky are we to get the 58th Beantown fan ever??) pretty frickin sweet if you ask me.

Anyway onto the game. 3-1 J-Ville vs 0-4 cellar dwelling Seattle.

First quarter Seattle cut through the jags D like it was 9 on 7, Hasslebeck to Carleson 7-0 'Hawks.

Mr MJD returned the favor, 50+ yard scamper off RT. 7-7, Little bastard. he would have a few key short runs to move the chains through the rest of the game. but he would be held more or less in check the rest of the game.

Seattle again for a long passing drive early in the 2nd 2 yarder to newly promoted FB Owen Schmitt. 14-7 'Hawks.

Gerrard passing to tie, 14-14, then a late FG setup by key passing to Slot man Walker by the Jags, so hard to take away 2 things well in this game, but I'd rather make the QB beat me than lose to the HB.

Haltime 17-14 Jags.

Opened the 3rd with a good 3-out, forcing Jags to punt. Easy passing drive again, (Bosox killed my weak-ass run game all day, his DL and ILBs really set the tone there, and my understaffed OL showd their inability to block for my untalented HBs.

Hass throws the corner fade to TE Carleson in the endzone, picked for the score, 103 yards later, CB Cox. Down 10. 24-14 Jags

Rest of the 3rd was trading punts. Seattle added a FG early in the 4th setup by a MJD Fumble when he had to leave the game after being shaken up on the hit/strip by Kerney.

That play was key jags were really moving the ball well and my D was wearing out. Bosox was winning the Pass vs run guessing game.

Burlison dropped a TD in the endzone on a 3rd and long and we had to settle for that FG. (Difference in the game)

Hawks get a stop late in the 4th under 3 minutes to go. Sacking Gerrard on a 3rd and long. and Seattle settles down and drives the distance to tie, Hasslebeck to Hb Forsett on a swing pass, that was setup beautifully if I say so, jags were playing heavy Man with a robber / dog LB free, knowing I was not passing he would either drop to cover the drag route or blitz, I set him up with a few crossing routes and then snuck Forsett out into the left flat behind the drag. with :24 seconds left. :cool: Yeah it was sweet.

Last Chance in Regulation for Jags, they go down the middle 2 times, with all 3 time outs, and get it to the 37 with :02 left. I ice the Kicker and Scobee, leaves it just short.

24-24 OT. OT??????? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! OT has not been kind to Seattle.
    Jags win the toss. Heads both times in the game. figure that. Well you only need 50 yards, and he got that easily. Scobee finished me this time.

27-24. 0-5 average margin of loss: 2.25 points.
  4. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

Jul 17, 2009
    Eagles 38 Buccaneers 33

(Philidelphia, Pa.)The Buccaneers gave us all we can handle with hard nose defense and a wide open passing game but Lesean McCoy came up big for us with 7 rushes for 93 yds and 1 td and 2 rec for 64 yds and 2 td. Desean Jackson also contributed with 4 rec for 59 yds and a td. On Defense Quintin Demps had 7 tkls with 1 int while Asante Samuel had 2 tkls, an int and a fum rec and Clay Matthews had 5 tkls and a sack!
  5. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Jun 23, 2009
    Steelers 21 Lions 13

"We are gonna get back to our winning ways....Det played use tough..good run football club...we we able to run the ball with Willie Parker gaining 167 yards on the ground with two touchdowns.. we need big ben to play better in the passing game...the defense was sloppy but we go it done with two turnovers".......coach drowsike
  6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Feb 21, 2009
    Was a tough game, Definitely the toughest D I have faced, and that's saying a lot seeing as I have played the bears, redskins, and vikings (who I beat).
  7. ScottBGKY

ScottBGKY Guest

Week 5 Cowboys @ Chiefs

Chiefs get their first win of season in OT against the Cowboys 13-10. Madden tried taking this game from us. Holding on a FG at halftime and points taken off board and no re-kick. 7-3 Chiefs at half. Tied 10-10 we head to OT. Chiefs get ball but can't move. Cowboys drive and miss a 47 yard FG for win. Chiefs drive and get another attempt but another holding penalty. We get another shot and bang it thru uprights for the win.

TE Cottam POG with 9 catches for 147 yards.
  8. CaddilacRockBox

CaddilacRockBox 3 Star Recruit

Jul 9, 2009
    Week 5 Falcons at 49ers

The story of the game, as usual, was the Falcons running game. Michael Turner finished with 213yds on 25 carries with 2 TDs. Thomas Jones made his debut for Atlanta. Mostly spelling for Turner, Jones did add 2 crucial short TD runs of his own. The defense faced the same problems that have plagued them all year, pass defense. The Falcons gave up 234yds and 3 TDs to Ball State rookie Nate Davis. Despite the big game from Davis, the defense showed plenty signs of life by holding Frank Gore to 2.5ypc, getting 3 sacks, 2 INTs, and forcing 2 fumbles. Atlanta improves to 3-1 in a shootout, 41-38. Next week the 3-1 Chicago Bears come into town for a conference showdown.