Week 6 2011

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Aug 30, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Week 6 2011

Welcome to Week 6!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-5) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 41-3 against Western Michigan (5-0).
    This week, the Eagles will host UL Lafayette (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Eastern Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Chance Richard has committed to Western Michigan

=============== Idaho Vandals (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Idaho won 33-28 against Utah State (3-2).
    This week, the Vandals travel to Jonesboro to face the Arkansas State Red Wolves (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Idaho targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Cedric Stephens has committed to Idaho

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Kent State lost 31-26 against UAB (2-3).
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to Logan to face the Utah State Aggies (3-2).

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky won 41-14 against UL Monroe (0-5).
    This week, the Hilltoppers travel to Murfreesboro to face the Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Kentucky targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) SS Phil Patterson has committed to Western Kentucky
    - (***) SS Jeff Roberson has committed to Syracuse

=============== UAB Blazers (2-3) ===============
    Last week, UAB won 31-26 against Kent State (3-2).
    This week, the Blazers are idle.

=============== #17 Western Michigan Broncos (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 41-3 against Eastern Michigan (0-5).
    This week, the Broncos travel to Monroe to face the UL Monroe Warhawks (0-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Walter Battle has committed to Western Michigan
    - (**) LOLB Michael Starks has committed to Western Michigan
    - (***) C Chance Richard has committed to Western Michigan

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State won 28-0 against Army (0-5).
    This week, the Red Wolves will host Idaho (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Tyler Kirby has committed to Florida

=============== Utah State Aggies (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Utah State lost 33-28 against Idaho (3-2).
    This week, the Aggies will host Kent State (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Daniel White has committed to Utah State

=============== Army Black Knights (0-5) ===============
    Last week, Army lost 28-0 against Arkansas State (3-2).
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Charlottesville to face the Virginia Cavaliers (1-3).

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (3-2) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette won 38-35 against Mid Tenn State (0-4).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns travel to Ypsilanti to face the Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-5).

2. DirtycashDylan

WKU - 37
    MTSU - 22

Bobby Rainey continued his streak of 1st half dominance as he ran for 138 yards and 2 TDs on 11 carries. Sitting on the bench in the second half, Rainey saw Mid Tenn make a valiant and frickin unbelievable 4th quarter comeback scoring 22 unanswered but, alas, it was too little too late.

The gameball goes to Sr DE Jared Clendenin who returned to fumbles for TDs.

First Quarter
    02:30 TD Western Kentucky Bobby Rainey HB #3 3 yard rush
    Second Quarter
    06:51 TD Western Kentucky Bobby Rainey HB #3 60 yard rush
    01:12 TD Western Kentucky Brandon Pierce HB #38 2 yard rush
    00:00 TD Western Kentucky Jared Clendenin RE #5 24 yard fumble
    Third Quarter
    05:49 TD Western Kentucky Jared Clendenin RE #5 20 yard fumble
    Forth Quarter
    06:37 TD Mid Tenn State Byron McLeod TE #86 22 yard pass from Ryan Rosenvall QB #14
    03:05 TD Mid Tenn State Benjamin Cunningham HB #26 6 yard pass from Ryan Rosenvall QB #14
    01:15 FG Western Kentucky Monte Merrick K #11 49 yard field goal
    00:01 TD Mid Tenn State D D Kyles HB #23 9 yard rush

3. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Arkansas State 35, Idaho 7
    Red Wolves continue playing well in conference; Jackson sets school rushing record

[​IMG]

Arkansas State is showing that they might be one of the better teams in Conference USA this year, something that could not be said of last year's team. After a 35-7 dismantling of the Vandals (3-3, 1-2), the Red Wolves (4-2, 3-0) are undefeated in conference play, outscoring their Conference USA opponents 91-24 in this 3 week stretch.

It all starts with the offense, where things just keep clicking, even with the loss of starting HB Derek Lawson to a shoulder injury. Ryan Aplin continues to just dazzle with his presence and accuracy, going 12-15 for 157 yards and a TD. In his last 3 games, Aplin is 47-54 for 684 yards, 6 TDs, 0 INTs. Talk about lighting it up. As long as Aplin continues to play this well, the Red Wolves should keep winning.

The real star of the game, however, was Frankie Jackson, filling in for Lawson. Jackson showed why he is an impact player for this team, but at the same time showed why Lawson gets the nod at starting back. He carried the ball 30 times for 276 yards and 3 TDs, including a 97-yard touchdown run. Unfortunately, he had 3 fumbles, something a consistent running back cannot do an a consistent basis.

The defense played phenomenal in the game, forcing 3 bad interceptions by Idaho QB B. Reader, who was 6-14 for 167 yards and the 3 INTs. Outside of a 79-yard pass that set up a touchdown run, the Vandals couldn't get anything going on offense. By halftime the game was almost over, with the Red Wolves ahead 21-7 and the Vandals looking unable to stop the run or move the ball effectively. The 97-yard run in the 3rd quarter essentially sealed the game, and a majority of the second half was Arkansas State just running the ball, chewing clock.

The Vandals only decent performer was HB P. McCarty, who had 9 carries for 60 yards and a TD. But when it came down to it, Arkansas State had about 2 and a half times the amount of possession Idaho did, with the Vandals unable to keep the ball out of the Red Wolves hands. Next week Arkansas State hosts the 3-2 Ragin' Cajuns of UL Lafayette, in what should be an intersting game. Idaho hosts Eastern Michigan and will look to rebound from a bad outing this week.​

4. DirtycashDylan

24 hours til advance and both remaining games have been scheduled, one for 3:45 and one for 9. If your opponent doesn't make his appointment then let me know and you can play the cpu.

Crumb, I still don't have your number. PM me it if you don't mind.

5. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

[​IMG]

Western Michigan completely dominated the game and the Warhawks were lucky to only have 37 hung on them at home. They had 2 first downs going into the 4th quarter and 22 offensive yards when WMU subbed out most of it's starters. They finished with 136 TOTAL YARDS. I don't even know how that's possibly as much as I scored. They ran 11 times for -22 yards. I recorded a safety and a scoop and score on a sack in the 4th or else they score would have been a reasonable 28-0.

6. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

The Idaho/Arkansas State game was awful.

I want to first be clear that I don't think any of this affected the outcome. His team was a lot faster and I couldn't tackle even after the first drive when I set to conservative. But...

Not having headsets kills me. I'm not saying I want to discuss War and Peace with you or talk crap, but being able to communicate makes the game so much better. Wished he would've had a headset.

The game was horribly laggy. Worst I've ever seen on this year's game. The only other time I've had a lag problem was with a guy who quit our dynasty because he had a crappy internet connection, so I tend to think it wasn't on my end. Not for sure though. Literally every play would stop for at least a second. Really made it unenjoyable. Again, I'm not saying it would've changed the outcome of the game, but with a team that prefers to spread it out and throw the ball, the lag is godawful and I do blame the lag for at least 2 of the interceptions. I'm sure the lag caused him headaches too, but he was mostly I-formation running stuff, and I just notice it more when it screws me up. Man defense is hard enough to beat on this game...you have to really rely on timing your throws so they get there as soon as the receiver is coming open. The lag killed this and was one of the reasons my offense sucked complete ass.

Also, going to conservative clock mode in the 3rd quarter was something I wouldn't have done. I didn't remember if it was in our league rules, but it would've been nice to have a headset just to talk about it.

With the game out of hand, I wanted to get most of my starters out. But with the horrible lag, the menus were sticky and it was difficult and time consuming to get them out. They really should allow mass subs in online user games. But I kept getting kicked back to the game screen after :30 of trying to get the bar to stop on the right position/player. Again, a headset would've been great to let him know the reason I was pausing was to get starters out...maybe he would've let me have longer than :30 and I could've gotten a few more out. But nobody got hurt, so all's well that ends well I guess.

I'll never post right after a loss...I always give myself time to cool down and think. And I've got no problem losing; that doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game. But our game last night was nothing but frustrating. His gameplay was solid; no beef with that, and I'll address style and tendencies in a scouting report soon. His team being more skilled and him being a running team with the lag left me with damn near no chance, though. Not a fun game.

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

Yeah this is the first game I've played in an OD where I've had any lag, let alone a terrible lag like last night. I sometimes have problems with Madden in ODs, but never with NCAA. I was honestly expecting to get booted a couple times but it never happened. And I do have a headset, unfortunately my roommate took them to a friend's house for some COD and forgot to bring em back, so I'm without headset for a day or two. As for the chew clock, sorry if you thought that wasn't cool. I was up 28-7 and the game was laggy and frustrating, and I assumed you felt that way as well especially cuz I know I was keeping you up past midnight to get this in so I figured that we both just wanted the game to end.

8. Full Moon Fever

It's not a big deal. Glad that it's not usually laggy. Yeah there were a couple of times when I thought we were going to get disconnected and was surprised when it started again. It's not a big deal, it was just a frustrating game. As for the chew clock...I'd rather keep playing and try to win. You probably would've just got more points, but stranger things have happened in video game football than coming back from 21 points in the 3rd quarter.

9. Bl0ndeRedHead

Ya that's the first time I've had any lag at all on NCAA. And I'll keep in mind what you said about the chewing clock. Hopefully next year's matchup goes smoothly lol I'll have a headset then for sure

10. Full Moon Fever

Fuck I just hope your RB's all graduate. I was so disgusted I didn't even look at the stats and the dynasty wire is blocked by my school (that allows facebook and youtube???)... But I bet he had almost a broken tackle per carry, even with stripping and big hit set to conservative after the first drive. Your team seemed really fast. Hope those guys leave.

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

Unfortunately for you (and the rest of the league) the only one leaving is Derek Lawson (the slow white running back that was hurt for our game). He breaks tackles like a beast, but is slow as all get out. Jackson (who had 276 against you) is only a sophomore and I have Dontae Aycock (from Auburn) sitting on the bench in his transfer year, and he's only a sophomore too. My backs will carry the team for the next couple years.

12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I'm gonna skull fuck your shitty ass RBs

13. Full Moon Fever

I'm pretty sure that makes you gay too.

14. DirtycashDylan

Would you guys be down to move to 8 min quarters? Then, even with chew clock on, you'll have some time.

Also, I think it's pretty disrespectful to hit resume game right away if a league member hits pause. I know it pisses me off when people do it to me in a league setting. Something to think about anyway.

15. Bl0ndeRedHead

It's only gay if you're taking it, amirite?

16. DirtycashDylan

Yalls the ones that's gay for sucking my dick.

17. Bl0ndeRedHead

Time for your cock meat sandwich

18. Bl0ndeRedHead

And ya, I'd have no problem with 8 minute quarters

19. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I think we should stay at 7 min, DirtyAss

20. DirtycashDylan

If you turn tempo to conservative, you can run off that extra minute in 2 plays. There really isn't any reason to not do it.

21. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Fine, imma run that shit on all game