Week 6 2012

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Sep 26, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 6!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (2-2) ===============
    Last week, San Jose State lost 38-29 against Florida Atlantic (3-1).
    This week, the Spartans will host #25 Kent State (4-0).

=============== Western Michigan Broncos (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan lost 28-24 against FIU (1-3).
    This week, the Broncos will host Akron (2-1).

=============== #25 Kent State Golden Flashes (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 51-41 against UNLV (1-2).
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to San Jose to face the San Jose State Spartans (2-2).

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-3) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 31-28 against Indiana (2-1).
    This week, the Eagles will host FIU (1-3).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 49-21 against New Mexico (0-4).
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host Toledo (2-2).

=============== New Mexico State Aggies (3-1) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico State won 45-27 against Houston (1-2).
    This week, the Aggies will host New Mexico (0-4).

=============== Florida Atlantic Owls (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida Atlantic won 38-29 against San Jose State (2-2).
    This week, the Owls travel to Provo to face the BYU Cougars (0-4).

=============== FIU Golden Panthers (1-3) ===============
    Last week, FIU won 28-24 against Western Michigan (1-2).
    This week, the Golden Panthers travel to Ypsilanti to face the Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-3).
    In recruiting news, the following FIU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) LG Robert Mitchell has committed to FIU

=============== Memphis Tigers (1-2) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers will host UNLV (1-2).

=============== Akron Zips (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Akron won 20-17 against Ohio (1-3).
    This week, the Zips travel to Kalamazoo to face the Western Michigan Broncos (1-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Akron targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Zach Caldwell has committed to Akron

=============== UNLV Rebels (1-2) ===============
    Last week, UNLV lost 51-41 against Kent State (4-0).
    This week, the Rebels travel to Memphis to face the Memphis Tigers (1-2).

=============== New Mexico Lobos (0-4) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico lost 49-21 against Mid Tenn State (4-0).
    This week, the Lobos travel to Las Cruces to face the New Mexico State Aggies (3-1).

2. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Hammer;) over FNG
    Fever over JKyle
    Dylan over Blonde

3. DirtycashDylan

Blonde over Me!
    Fever
    Hammer

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

San Jose State ends Kent State Top 25 streak at 1 week

SJSU - 38
    Kent - 33

Well so much for being ranked there Dirty. In what is sure to be the upset special of the week, the San Jose State Spartans defended their home turf with a magnificent offensive performance, dissecting the Kent State defense through the air and on the ground. Starting QB Dasmen Stewart went 19/22 for 205 yards, with 2TD and an INT. RB David Freeman put on a clinic, rushing for a season high 218 yards on 20 carries, with a couple scores. WR Noel Grigsby had 5 receptions for 55 yards and a TD.

The game started extremely well for the Spartans, who jumped out to an early 14-0 lead thanks to a long 57 yard run by Freeman for a TD, and some great defense to set up another score. But just when it looked like SJSU was going to take a commanding 3 score lead, Stewart threw his lone INT inside Kent State territory, and you could feel the momentum swing from there, as the Golden Flashes rattled off 2 quick touchdowns to tie the game. Both teams were able to scramble downfield for FGs before the half ended.

The third quarter was the slowest and least exciting quarter, with each team getting one quality possession. Kent State would start with the ball and take up half the quarter before settling for a FG, a big victory for the Spartan defense. San Jose State would in turn take up the rest of the quarter driving into Kent State territory, before using FB Ryan Otten to punch it in from a yard out on the first play of the 4th quarter to give San Jose State a 24-20 lead. But instead of Kent coming back and taking the lead, QB Spencer Keith would throw one of his 3 INTs on the day, which set up a 10 yard TD pass to the FB Otten. Up 31-20, San Jose State came up with a huge defensive stand on the next possession, intercepting Keith again, this time in the end zone as Kent State looked to score. Unfortunately this would not ice the game, as after a long run by Freeman, he would cough the ball up around midfield. Kent State would quickly throw the ball down the field to get a touchdown with just over 2 minutes left, but could not convert the 2-pt try, leaving it 31-26 SJSU.

After a couple short runs to start the next Spartan drive, David Freeman would come up with the biggest run of the day, a 73 yarder on 3rd down to give the Spartans a commanding 38-26 lead, which would be the game-sealing score. The San Jose State defense made the Kent State offense dink and dunk down the field, and the Golden Flashes were able to get into the end zone, but only with :04 left in the game. The Spartans would recover the onside, and take a knee to get their first victory over a ranked team under Coach Blonde's watch.

GG DirtycashDylan

• Like Like x 1
  5. DirtycashDylan

San Jose-38
    Kent-33

Gotta give it up to Blonde, he and his team just came out, had a great day, and beat us.

Really felt the loss of Dri Archer in the last two weeks as I couldn't find a damn person to make a play on offense today. On top of that, the lag was really bad for me and it threw off my timing on things like bubble screens and user blitzes. It really felt like Kent phoned this one in. I've never seen so many passes miss the mark or WRs drop balls on 3rd down. We got down 14-0 quickly (my MO) and I did throw a pick in the endzone, but other than that I felt like I couldn't have played that much of a better game.

His 62 overall QB went MFing 19-22. Throwing into fucking traffic constantly! Mostly dink and dunk passing but still, it was ridiculous! and his oline played lights out! They tore my D up run blocking and my 4 man front never touched the QB unless I blitzed. His RB would come out in a 3 WR set and find huge holes in my 4-3! Eventually, I had to resort to running 4-4 all game.

One of the most frustrating games I've played in awhile. GG Blonde.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

btw, beating dylan feels like....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I'm back!

St. Louis was great even tough nothing i wanted to win won. (including my bets on the NCAA or NFL... WTF BUFFALO?!)

so I'm ready for the Hammer!

• Like Like x 1
  8. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Thats what she said

• Like Like x 1
  9. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Akron 26
    @​
    Western Michigan 14

Turnovers killed Western Michigan as they were clearly the more talented team but couldn't get out of there way in this one. They lost 2 fumbles and threw 2 picks while turning the ball over on a safety as well. This led to Akron dominating the time of possession 20:11-11:49. The Akron offense continued the trend of being very mediocre to poor going 1-10 on 3rd downs and scoring 3 TDs and a FG on 6 red zone attempts. The bright spot was Senior QB Patrick Nicely who went 30/42 for 415 yards for 2 TDs but was sacked 7 times and even left the game briefly with a bruised knee. SR HB Broderick Alexander had the best game of any RB this season carrying the ball 12 times for 35 yards and also caught 8 passes for 72 yards. JR WR Mike Guidry(7/62) helped carry the short passing game load with Alexander while JR WR Keith Sconiers(4/122) & SO WR Pat Brown(4/99) stretched the field. FR TE Cary Alexander used his 6'5 232 frame to his advantage in the red zone with 2 TD receptions.​

On the defensive side of the ball the defensive line came up huge with JR DE Nick Caponi leading the way with 2 sacks and a safety to go along with 5 total sacks while JR NT Paul Skolmutch and SR DE Phil Tonga had a sack a piece. The safeties both played pivotal rolls as well with SR FS Josh Richmond coming up with a big pick in the end zone and two fumble recoveries and JR SS Sheldon Miller had 7 tackles and 1 interception. Leading the LB core was SR MLB Brian Wagner with 8 tackles including 7 solos and 2 forced fumbles.​

10. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

FIU 32, EMU 29

Ypsilanti, Michigan - This was probably the most painful game for TheCrumbIsHere to play. It's against his alma mater in EMU. Then again, it was probably more painful for freshman QB Ryan Smith who is now hurt for the next 10 weeks for FIU. The game marked two big swings though in scoring as EMU would score the first 21, and FIU would struggle to score 2 FG's in the first half to make it 21-6. FIU would then score 26 consecutive more behind running back Darrian Mallary and some efficient passing from the backup QB in Medlock. Mallary's 38 carries and 196 yards would help spark FIU to victory.

A painful, painful game to play at Rynearson. To have to come back and to crush the hopes of the EMU faithful again. :(

FIU wins their second in a row however on the good side!

11. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

I know how you feel crumb. I used to take over SMU when they were piss poor and I'd get them into the Big XII. Only to have to play against my Red Raiders.

12. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

and so it continues. I start each week off great and slowly lose momentum until its gone. this week my secondary couldnt matchup. I felt I kept reading plays perfectly and then missing the play and allowing big gains. and i didnt have time to set up routes all game and the few I liked, Bishop couldnt make the NFL caliber throws and some resulted in INTs. I have to work him in slower. Its not easy for a 66 OVR true frosh to lead a team.

this year is a learning experience and ive got to get some of my guys in here to start playing to my style.

Hammer played great, made plays when he needed to and took advantage of mismatches.

13. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Aggies Trump Lobos in Rio Grande Rivalry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LAS CRUCES, NM - The New Mexico State Aggies hosted the Rio Grande Rivalry for the second year in a row, and toted the trophy at midfield for the second year in a row as well. The Aggies were lead by an outstanding performance by their defense. The Offense was also on point moving the ball effectively and efficiently, taking what the defense gave them and not forcing the action. "I'm proud of the way this team has been playing. To come back from the loss we had two weeks ago to FAU losing in the closing seconds to beat Arizona on the road and come back here at home and knock out our in state rival, I'm really pleased with my teams effort so far this season," said Coach Hammer at the post conference media interview.​

The real story of this game was the Aggie defense, forcing 4 turnovers (1 Fumble 3 INT), allowing 127 yds total offense, and recording 10 sacks on the day. "Our defensive line played outstanding. To get in the backfield like they did really affects a passing team like New Mexico's whole game plan. You could tell they never quite got comfortable back there and the big plays kept our energy level up the entire game."​

Things started out shaky for the Aggies tho as both teams went punted early on. On the next New Mexico drive Lobo QB M. Bishop heaved one up into triple coverage that went to the unintended receiver J Taylor from 48 yards, allowing New Mexico to crack the scoreboard first.​

New Mexico State marched down and QB Dustin Luke found a wide open Darrell Grant on a flat route who walked into the endzone untouched. After forcing another New Mexico punt, the Aggies began to drive again. After getting a clean release resulting from a Corner Blitz by New Mexico, wideout Austin Franklin sprinted past two defenders and caught a perfectly thrown jumpball in the back of the endzone from QB Dustin Luke who stood in long enough to deliver the throw on point just before taking the hit.​

The Aggies rattled out 14 more points before the half ended on another Darrell Grant TD pass and a 7 YD TD run by HB Sean Huggins totalling for a 28 unanswered point offensive explosion in the 2nd quarter. The Aggies added another TD in the 3rd and then slowed things down, pulling the key players in the beginning of the 4th to run things out.​

Big man on campus for New Mexico State was Senior DT T. Stuart who recorded 6 Sacks on the day.​

QB Dustin Luke went 23-29 371 YDS 4 TD 1 INT.​
    HB Sean Huggins carried 15 times for 62 YDS 1 TD.​
    WR Austin Franklin caught 8 passes for 158 YDS and 1 TD.​

The Aggies move to 4-1 (1-1) on the year and face an always tough battle with the FIU panthers a week from today.​

14. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

GG bud, keep your head up. It's definitely a building process with these teams.

15. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Middle Tennessee State - 54
    Toledo Rockets - 10

I played my game and won 24-7 but got a dynasty unavailable. Second game was very lopsided. Summary tomorrow.

16. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Anger bang this second time through is what it sounds like to me.

17. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

So whats left?

18. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Fever and jk making us wait another day.

19. DirtycashDylan

Talked to Jkyle and he said he can play after 5:30.
    Full Moon Fever

20. Full Moon Fever

I can play tonight around 10 central. I was off all day yesterday. And started the schedule thread the day before that.

21. Full Moon Fever

Fify.

• Like Like x 1
  22. DirtycashDylan

yeah I know

I texted him last night but didn't get a reply.

23. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Ap him so if hes a no show fever can get his game in.

24. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I know bro, u had that schedule thread up early.

25. DirtycashDylan

I'm at work but I'll be home about 9 ct