Week 6 2013 Now Open - Deadline 1.4.11 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Jan 2, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 6 Now Open

Deadline = January 4, 2011 7:00 a.m. EST

GBN v. GBN =

Akron (DJ) @ Buffalo (dredd)

Miami, OH (Roady) @ NIU (Vols)

Scheduling threads up shortly...

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Scheduling Threads Up!

3. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Scheduling request made - great video selection!

4. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Week 5 news: temple goes down to Sox and BGSU 23-10. Temple fell behind 17-0 early but was able to fight to a stalemate in the 2nd half. Temple has issues on the offensive side.

Week 6 should be a dandy with our 2 user games. Man, I hope EA puts a spectator mode in for '12, would love to see that Miami/NIU matchup.

5. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

I seriously would watch at least one game a week if we could view other user games in our dynastys

6. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Even in replay mode, that would be great. I wish I could have seen that BG/Temple game, the Akron/NIU game, or watch Kent tear people up. Maybe next year.

7. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

The Miami/NIU game lived up to the hype. The game started out being controlled by the defenses. Both teams traded early interceptions, with Dominque Ware stopping a Miami drive, and Marvin Gaye returning the favor to the Huskies. In fact the game was scoreless through the first quarter.

But the second quarter saw some fireworks. DaQuan Hargrett shook off them Dawgs to scoot 31 yards for the early lead. The next offensive play for NIU was a 75 yard pass to the big TE Luke Eakes. Tie game. Miami answered back with a 3 minute drive and 9 yard TD pass to Glenn Miller. Dat U broke serve as Branford Marsalis intercepted AJ Hill. This set up another scoring pass to Miller, but this strike was for 59 yards! Miami tacked on a feild goal, and the score at halftime was 24-7.

Miami scored again to open the thrid quarter with another field goal. NIU was bending but not breaking, and you can tell they were figuring out the ole ball coach's simple plan. The Huskies started to get their offense on track and responded with long drive ending in an 8 yard TD pass to Elliott Coles. 27-14.

NIU started to lock down Miami. They were winning the field possesion game, and it paid off with another TD throw, this time to Antoine Kirkland. 27-21 Miami, with two and a half minutes left. NIU had all the momentum now.

The Huskies don't go for the onsides, instead they trust their D to make one stop. But Miami just kept feeding DaQuan as he kept getting stronger. He and Dougie Fresh picked up a pair of first down daggers to cinch win #5 for Miami. D'Q tore it up for 198 yards on 22 carries, with one TD. The normally high-powered passing attack of Miami was held to 189 yards. Northern Illinois dared Miami to be them with the run, and we are very fortunate to claw our way out of DeKalb with a victory.

GG Vols. That was a slugfest!

8. onaradio34

Temple gets back on track with a 40-7 win over once mighty Toledo. The Owl D gave up alot of yards to the Rocket's hurry up offense but came up with 3 turnovers and for the first time this year didn't have one themselves. That, my friends, is a minor miracle.

9. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Great game bro...I wanted to onsides kick but my D was playing better and I thought that was my best chance to get the ball back. I almost had you on that 3rd down run...I went for "The BiG Hit" and hit your back low and he seemed to flip over the 1st down line.

Your back is a beast..I had no answer for him. I started to put my "Questionable" starting QB in for the 2nd half. He would have added the scrambling threat but I did not want to get him injured again.

Anytime you want to run a practice game just hit me up

That was fun as hell.

10. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Oh that was huge! Dougie Fresh came in for Q because he was gassed. I was scared to pass in that situation, too. I almost threw a pic on the first play that my TE clapped, because you got great pressure. No mas. And I saw Dougie take that big flip and completely expected to cough up the ball. You had me sweating it out until the end.

No lead ever feels safe with me, but it was a matter of time until your back went off. Luckily, the clock hit zero before I saw it.

A practice game would be good. I'm limited in my time, but would much rather play a human than labbing. If not, I hope to see you next year.

11. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Hey -

Might we see an early advance???

12. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Roadhouse you are holding down miami,oh hell of a improvement brother keep it rolling.

Bowling Green takes down Ohio in a solid performance from new QB Bolden......Final was 45-24.....With a tough game ahead at Buffalo gotta have a good practice this week buffalo is a team that fights every play.

13. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Guys problem from vacation land. I cannot get my PS3 to work on the tv here at the hotel. I think it has something to do with my recent switch to HDMI and I'm trying to use my standard def hookup here.

That gives us two options:

#1 - Someone hits me up on AIM and I give them my PSN ID/password and you guys advance w/o me

#2 - You guys wait for me to get back to The People's Republic on Friday afternoon.

I'm perfectly fine with #1 as there is no reason to wait just for me. However, someone is going to need to hit me up on AIM and assume Commish responsibilities. I'll turn AIM on my phone and I'll try to remember my PSN password.

Thanks!

14. onaradio34

Can't find the thread where we listed AIM's. Mine is onaradio3434 and I can advance it if nobody else is available.

NVM, found it.