Week 6, 2013

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

As most of you probably know, but of the user games had to be simmed last week. No matter what we did, the game always froze at the select team screen once both sides were set to "ready". I've rehosted teh dynasty file under the name Chomps3. Password is still tso. Please rejoin and use existing coach. Hopefully that problem was a one-week thing, but we will see right away because Florida and Arkansas play this week. I'm not holding out much hope.

Drifterbub I'll keep you posted on whether or not we were finally able to get a user game past the coin toss without a freeze.

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 33-30 against Wisconsin (3-2).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Evanston to face the Northwestern Wildcats (4-0).

=============== #3 Oregon Ducks (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 56-23 against California (1-3).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Boulder to face the Colorado Buffaloes (3-1).

=============== #10 LSU Tigers (4-1) ===============
    Last week, LSU lost 36-19 against Georgia (3-1).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Starkville to face the #17 Mississippi State Bulldogs (4-0).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Nick Ruffin has committed to Florida

=============== #6 Texas A&M Aggies (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 41-10 against Arkansas (4-1).
    This week, the Aggies are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Trey Cross has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #11 Florida Gators (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida won 31-14 against Kentucky (1-3).
    This week, the Gators will host Arkansas (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Nick Ruffin has committed to Florida

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas lost 41-10 against Texas A&M (4-1).
    This week, the Razorbacks travel to Gainesville to face the #11 Florida Gators (3-1).

=============== #9 Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-0) ===============
    Last week the Cornhuskers were idle.
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host Illinois (2-2).

=============== UCLA Bruins (1-2) ===============
    Last week the Bruins were idle.
    This week, the Bruins travel to Salt Lake City to face the Utah Utes (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RE Eric Andrews has committed to California
    - (***) LE Heath Green has committed to Oregon State
    - (*) FB Michael McNair has committed to UCLA

=============== Penn State Nittany Lions (4-0) ===============
    Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Bloomington to face the Indiana Hoosiers (3-1).

=============== Wisconsin Badgers (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin lost 33-30 against Ohio State (5-0).
    This week, the Badgers are idle.

=============== USC Trojans (4-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 28-6 against Arizona State (2-2).
    This week, the Trojans are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RE Eric Andrews has committed to California
    - (****) DT Allen Burley has committed to USC

2. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Has anybody downloaded the uniform packs? I thought I remembered that causing issues last release if one person had them and the other did not.

3. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I did download them. I hope that's not the issue.

4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I did not. Honestly if that's the issue, while it was stupid of us, it's at least fixable.

5. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

So we are using chomps3? Is that the one you created while we were trying to play our game?

6. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

So wait what? I'm confused. We started over again?

7. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

No we are still in week 6, we just rehosted it under a new name to get a clean file on EAs servers. Doing this sometimes helps clean up issues.

Glen, I deleted the original Chomps3 file and created a new one under the same name so I'm sorry for that confusion

8. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

• Like Like x 3
  9. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Ok. H22 and I are planning to play tonight. Scheduled for 9pm central. I'll post here if we have any trouble getting connected.

• Like Like x 2
  10. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Tigers to improve to 5-1 with help from Miss st. Tigers went into this game focusing on getting there high power offense to the level of play they are suppose to be playing. Heisman hopefully Z.Mettenberger once again carried the team on his shoulders racking up 439 total offensive yards majority of them coming from the air. The much needed win to shut down SEC west leaders now stiring the battles up. Miss st was held 249 offensive yards nothing was working for the bulldogs. 3rd down conversion rate at a 23% isn't going to help you win any game. Tigers defense didn't play that bad themselves redzone defense held the bulldogs also to 33% red zone scoring. Freshman cornerback T. White had the lone turnover in the game a interception. Next week the Tigers will be prepping for the florida gators who's coming from the east with a hot streak going.

Stats

Z. Mettenberger 30/48, 417 yds, 2 td

K. Boone 6 rec, 57 yds, 2 td

T. White 7 tack, 7 solo, 1 int

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

12. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Doing it right now boss

• Like Like x 1
  13. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

BUCKEYES ESCAPE IN EVANSVILLE​
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    24 - 20
    Trailing 17-7 at the end of the first half, the Buckeyes' prospects of continuing their perfect season seemed bleak. And at that point, Ohio State's leaders and stars had no one to blame but themselves.
    After taking an early 7-0 lead and all the momentum away from the rowdy home crowd, Philly Brown fumbled during a punt return. The Wildcats recovered the ball deep in Buckeye territory and scored a few plays later. Later in the half Ohio State failed to punish the Wildcats yet again after backing them into the corner. One play after he broke a dazzling 61-yard scamper, Braxton Miller was intercepted in the endzone as he tried to force a pass to Brown. Miller's carelessness would plague OSU once again when he was hit from behind and fumbled in the redzone on the Buckeyes' final drive of the first half.
    Fortunately for No. 2 Ohio State, the Silver Bullets held strong defensively and prevented Northwestern from putting the game away, giving Miller and company ample opportunity to regain composure. The Heisman-hopeful quarterback did just that in the second half as he carved through the Wildcats through air and with his legs while playing turnover-free football. Miller was supported by running back Carlos Hyde who carried the ball 13 times for 83 yards and two scores.
    Leading 21-20 at the Northwestern 4 yard-line with 1:35 left to play, OSU hoped that Hyde would find the endzone for a third time. But the senior was stuffed on a third-down attempt forcing Ohio State to settle for a field goal. With no timeouts and just under a minute remaining, Cain Colter attempted to mount a heroic scoring drive to complete the upset. Colter and the Cats were able to reach the Ohio State 37 yard-line, but a Noah Spence sack ended their effort and the game as Northwestern was unable to get off another play. The Buckeyes will count themselves fortunate to be undefeated halfway through their schedule as they head into their bye week. Jbek, ssuwr86 and Glen Cieske beware of the Wildcats, they are tough!
    Game Notes
    = Carlos Hyde carried the ball 13 times for 86 yards and 2 TD
    = Braxton Miller accounted for 285 total yards and threw for a TD
    = Ryan Shazier had his best game of the season. The junior linebacker recorded 7 tackles, a sack and an INT
    = Noah Spence continued to play like an absolute animal, sacking Colter 3 times

• Like Like x 1
  14. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Sorry if my recruiting didn't say finished, I was away most of the day yesterday, didn't expect another advance so soon!

• Like Like x 1