Week 6 2013

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Nov 4, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 6!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan won 47-20 against FCS Midwest .
    This week, the Eagles will host UAB (3-1).

=============== Idaho Vandals (1-3) ===============
    Last week, Idaho lost 59-27 against Utah State (2-1).
    This week, the Vandals travel to Jonesboro to face the Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-3).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 27-24 against UL Monroe (3-1).
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to Columbus to face the #9 Ohio State Buckeyes (4-0).

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky won 63-49 against UL Lafayette (3-1).
    This week, the Hilltoppers travel to Murfreesboro to face the Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (1-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Kentucky targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Michael Morton has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== UAB Blazers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, UAB won 21-14 against Army (0-4).
    This week, the Blazers travel to Ypsilanti to face the Eastern Michigan Eagles (2-2).

=============== Army Black Knights (0-4) ===============
    Last week, Army lost 21-14 against UAB (3-1).
    This week, the Black Knights will host UL Monroe (3-1).

=============== #10 Western Michigan Broncos (4-0) ===============
    Last week the Broncos were idle.
    This week, the Broncos will host Utah State (2-1).

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-3) ===============
    Last week the Red Wolves were idle.
    This week, the Red Wolves will host Idaho (1-3).

=============== Utah State Aggies (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Utah State won 59-27 against Idaho (1-3).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Kalamazoo to face the #10 Western Michigan Broncos (4-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Shawn Hawkins has committed to Florida State

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (3-1) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe lost 27-24 against Kent State (4-0).
    This week, the Warhawks travel to West Point to face the Army Black Knights (0-4).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (1-3) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 49-24 against North Carolina (2-3).
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host Western Kentucky (4-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) LOLB Bruce Robertson has committed to Mid Tenn State

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (3-1) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette lost 63-49 against Western Kentucky (4-0).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns travel to Baton Rouge to face the #2 LSU Tigers (4-0).

2. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

like these write-ups

3. Gyrene76

WESTERN KENTUCKY v MTSU
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The undefeated Hilltoppers made the visit to their rivals's stadium in Murfeesboro to face the 1-3 Blue Raiders. The MTSU squad hopped out to a demanding, 21-7 lead in the first quarter. The Hilltoppers were looking shell-shocked, but in the second quarter the leadership of James Frankllin began a spark in his offense and scored 13 points to take the score to 28-20 at halftime.
    [​IMG]

The Hilltoppers began a steady rise to decrease the lead, but the hard running of Tim Williams in the redzone led to a total of 4 rushing touchdowns that really took the wind of the Western Kentucky sails. The turnover battle didn't yield a huge advantage to either team with both throwing one pick each. In the end, it seemed that the defense of WKU didn't seem to take the game as serious. Coach DirtycashDylan was extremely disappointed in his defense. "We aren't playing worth a f*** out there. My defense looks uninspired."
    [​IMG]

Coach JoshuaAdam88 was very happy with the win and the way his team has fought back from an 0-3 record to a 2-3 record. "I'm proud of my team. We have a lot of very difficult games left on our schedule, but we are focusing on one game at a time. There are a lot of good coaches out there and I don't want to over look one of them.​

4. DirtycashDylan

It's pretty gay that I retooled my D to stop the run and all three user games I've played have been non-stop air attacks, but oh well, stop the run first right?

I fucked around and didn't score on Mid Tenn on my first two drives after getting the ball first. After falling behind 14-0, I could never quite climb back in. I pulled a Bob Stoops and went for 2 near the end of the 3rd quarter to try and tie and I failed to convert. When it comes right down to it, I can't afford not to score this year especially with my starting CB out for 6 weeks.

GG Josh

5. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Damn new guy already proving himself!

6. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Beating DirtyCash is hardly proving himself... Wait til he faces someone good like Western Michigan. I took that MTSU squad behind the woodshed for a 48-7 beating...

7. nikpin

True, hopefully his CB is still out in week 12. Robert Bolden is going to take a shit on your secondaries chest.

8. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I'm sorry...I'm confused by your unclear trash talk...Which secondary's chest are you taking a shit on? Mine or DirtyCash's?

9. Gyrene76

GG to you too man. You're NFL prototype receivers are massive!

haha, I don't recollect this beating so it must've been ol' Maize N Blue at the help. No coach in town :)

I was just not trying to make the commish mad in our game lol

10. nikpin

DirtyCash, his corner is out for 6 weeks per his game thread. We play in Week 12 so I'm guessing he'll be back sadly.

11. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah, I figured you knew better than to try and shit on my secondary... Robert Bolden won't last the whole game against Collins and Carter. Try and run with him...

12. DirtycashDylan

You know, the starter isn't that much better than the backup. He's faster but I think he's only rated a point higher, true freshman vs a junior though.

13. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Army Squeaks by for First Win
    Army vs ULM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In one of the most fun games I've played since I've been here, Army holds on to outlast ULM. In a game that was back and forth the whole time Army was led by QB Angel Santiago and benefited from some key turnovers forced by their Defensive unit. The game was back and forth the whole time. ULM had some real grind it out, clock ticking drives while Army benefited early by some opportunistic throws against single coverage. Santiago did all you could ask of your quarterback tonight, making the throws he had to make, making the right checkdowns and audibles when needed, and leading the option attack as well.
    During the second half Army began to shade ULM's playmaking receiver Luke Russell and came up with some key interceptions as ULM QB Wyatt kept trying to go his way. Army forced 3 interceptions from Wyatt with two being user picks while he was looking Russell's way. The play of the game came after Army scored late in the 4th to go up 7 and LB Bobby Lyons read the eyes of ULM's QB Wyatt to jump in front of a pass going to a streaking Luke Russell to possibly save the game for Army. In the ensuing drive Army worked the ball downfield but was faced with a 4th and 1 on their own 36 Army coach hammerhead in a gusty coaching move went for the win as opposed to putting it in his defenses hands and converted the first while ULM had no more timeouts in hand and ran the clock out.
    Army POTG:
    [​IMG]
    Passing: 9-16 286YDS 3TD 0INT
    Rushing: 14ATT 59YDS 1TD
    Defensively SS Hayden Pierce finished the game with 4 Tackles and 2INT.

14. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Great game dude, I was so pissed when I throw those 2 user picks in the 4th. Good job sir.

15. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

FML
    had 2 disconnects vs Nik. First game was 7-7 in the 1st. 2nd game I was up 14-0 in the 2nd and was getting the ball back to start the 2nd half.
    the 3rd one counted and I lost 38-31, my senior wide reciever gets hurt for 11 weeks (leaving me with 4 WR), starting runningback gets knocked out of the game, and the heart and soul of the offense my qb gets hurt in the 4th and will miss next week. The Idaho transfer threw a pick that would have cut the lead to 4 in the 4th quarter.
    I'll let Nik do the write-up. It was a close game till the 4th.

16. Gyrene76

wow...you handled it like a champ....

sucks man...but nice poise. Seriously

17. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

That's what you get for taking that worhless bum.

18. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Ur #81 was NASTY, but I started shading his way the whole second half and happened to get lucky and jumped a few. Again, super fun game man.

19. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

21 [​IMG](1-4)|(1-3)[​IMG] 40
    Idaho Vandals @ Arkansas State Red Wolves
    Arkansas State runs all over the Vandals to get 1st win of the year
    [​IMG]
    Even when Jakhari Gore was knocked out of the game for a couple quarters, Arkansas State was still able to run the ball effectively with Frankie Jackson, and the defense made some big plays to get Arkansas State their first conference and overall win of the season, 40-21. Freshman QB Jimmy Bell still has a way to go, as his accuracy is just terrible right now, but he made some decent throws and relied on the ground game, which was fantastic.​

The first quarter saw a flurry of turnovers, to the point where it was laughable. Arkansas State threw a pick on their first possession, then Idaho fumbled it right back, then Arkansas State fumbled it back to Idaho, who in turn threw an interception back to Arkansas State. After that was all said and done the Red Wolves drew first blood with a 16 yard rush by Jakhari Gore. Idaho would respond with their own touchdown drive to end the quarter.​

After getting a field goal in the 2nd, Arkansas State allowed a 49 yard pass play that let Idaho take a 14-10 lead, but Frankie Jackson scooted 71 yards on the next possession for a touchdown, and Arkansas State took a 17-14 lead into the locker rooms. The only scoring in the 3rd quarter was another touchdown run by Jackson, and the Red Wolves were up 24-14 heading into the 4th.​

Earlier in the game, Arkansas State ran a play action power O that left WR Raheim Alford wide open in the end zone, literally nobody within 20 yards. The ball would hit him in the hands and he would drop it, and the Red Wolves had to settle for a field goal. This time around, the play action worked again, and Alford was streaking down the sideline uncovered when Jimmy Bell's bomb hit him right in the hands, and he dropped it. Again. But wait! He pins it against his leg and recovers from the drop to make an amazing catch and walk into the endzone, putting Arkansas State up 31-14 and making things look bleak for Idaho.​

The Vandals would get a touchdown on their next drive to bring it within 10, and the defense would stop Arkansas State and get the Vandals the ball back, but unfortunately QB Jim Rice was sacked in the endzone and gave up a safety. On the next possession Jakhari Gore would break a 41 yard touchdown run, and the game was essentially over, 40-21 Arkansas State.​

ASU team leaders were Bell at QB going 4/15 for 87 yards, a TD and INT. Jakhari Gore had 19 rushes for 176 yards and 2TDs, while Frankie Jackson had 13 carries for 162 yards and 2TDs. Alford had the one reception for 63 yards and the score.​

Idaho was led by Jim Rice, who went 16/27 for 249 yards, 2TDs and an INT. Shawn Calhoun had 9 carries for 70 yards and a TD, and 5 catches for 55 yards and a TD receiving.​

20. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

The Battle for Ohio

In a battle of undefeateds Kent State rolled into Columbus to take on the 4-0 Ohio State Buckeyes. There was no doubt that tOSU was a heavy favorite going into this one. However, on the very first play, the Golden Flashes showed they were here to play. Ohio St's first pass was picked off by star corner Calvin Tingle, his first of two picks in the game. After the Golden Flashes failed to capitalize the teams would trade possesions before Ohio State showed off their skill positions as running back Jamaal Berry took one up the middle 71 yards to the house. On the ensuing possession Kent St quarterback Cedric McCloud would throw a pick-6 and now a 13-0 Buckeye lead thanks to troubles in the kicking game.

Early 2nd quarter the Golden Flashes would finally get in the endzone to make it 13-7 but Ohio State would respond with two touchdowns to push the lead to 26-7 with a minute left in the half. The Golden Flashes had just enough time to drive the field and get a clutch touchdown before the half to cut it to 26-14.

Opening drive of the second half, Kent St would drive methodically down the field for another touchdown and cut the lead to 26-21. But Ohio State would respond with another touchdown run to make it 33-21. Down but not out, Kent St would drive again and connect on the long pass play with a 58 yard touchdown pass from McCloud to Ed Cazenave to make it 33-28. As the defenses battled it out, the Buckeyes would have one strong drive in the 4th, but would miss the field goal that would have made it an 8 point lead.

Down by 5, Kent State would make a valiant drive down the field picking up a big 4th down conversion to keep the drive moving. But it all came down to one last play. With 8 seconds left on the clock and a 4th and goal from the 12, it was do or die time for the Golden Flashes to keep their undefeated season going. McCloud would drop back, under pressure again and as he was hit would fire the ball to the middle of the field where true freshman wide receiver Tim King would grab his glory and the ball for the 12-yard touchdown and a 34-33 victory over Ohio St.

Champagne was popped, and the nation was shocked. The Golden Flashes are the kings of Ohio.

McCloud finished 30 of 54 for 411 yards and 5 touchdowns
    Tim King would have 10 catches for 138 yards and 2 touchdowns
    Calvin Tingle would record his 4th and 5th interceptions of the season