Week 6 2013

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Nov 3, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 6!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (2-2) ===============
    Last week, San Jose State won 22-20 against FIU (0-4).
    This week, the Spartans will host Mid Tenn State (3-1).

=============== #23 Kent State Golden Flashes (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 34-20 against New Mexico (2-2).
    This week, the Golden Flashes are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RG Matt Burnett has committed to Kent State

=============== New Mexico State Aggies (4-1) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico State won 40-7 against Florida Atlantic (0-4).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Albuquerque to face the New Mexico Lobos (2-2).

=============== Akron Zips (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Zips were idle.
    This week, the Zips will host UNLV (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Akron targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) ROLB Jason Garcia has committed to Michigan State
    - (***) TE Jacob Malone has committed to Akron

=============== Florida Atlantic Owls (0-4) ===============
    Last week, Florida Atlantic lost 40-7 against New Mexico State (4-1).
    This week, the Owls travel to Ypsilanti to face the Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-3).

=============== FIU Golden Panthers (0-4) ===============
    Last week, FIU lost 22-20 against San Jose State (2-2).
    This week, the Golden Panthers travel to Louisville to face the Louisville Cardinals (3-0).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 17-14 against Western Michigan (1-4).
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to San Jose to face the San Jose State Spartans (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Chad Cross has committed to Mid Tenn State
    - (***) RG Matt Burnett has committed to Kent State

=============== New Mexico Lobos (2-2) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico lost 34-20 against Kent State (4-0).
    This week, the Lobos will host New Mexico State (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following New Mexico targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) FS Scott Williams has committed to New Mexico

=============== Memphis Tigers (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers travel to Kalamazoo to face the Western Michigan Broncos (1-4).

2. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Oshi how early could u play tonight? Or hows tomorrow looking for u?

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Im home now, i can play anytime

4. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Im ran out for some food. Wanna play in about 30?

5. DirtycashDylan

I enjoyed the videos you uploaded. :)

6. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

i need to study the film to get better!

7. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

sounds good! should be a good rivalry

• Like Like x 1
  8. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

What videos?

9. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Oshi uve lead the whole game I think you can take the aggressive strip off...

10. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

you are the second person to say this and i used it ONE play when i turned everything aggressive when you were at the 1. thats it. everything i do is all on me

11. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Those "dropped" passes had the strip animation. Just sayin. Good battle so far tho my man.

12. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I time my hits to knock the ball out.. if you havent noticed ive missed like 3 times for huge plays. but it wasnt with anything aggressive

its a good game but my entire offense is now out 3 weeks

PS: i like how you complain then the NEXT 8 9 10 11 plays basically every play in the 2nd half all have the strip animation from your players. #justsayin

PPS: totally just went for it on 4th accidentally as i was typing that PS. may cost me this game. *facepalm*

result: yep, 2 drives killed inside the 10 and a 34-27 loss. but i lose my HB for 3 weeks

13. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I like ya Oshi, but those were def stip animations, not timed hits, when I got those drops. I DID turn it on after you had it on and forced a few drops with it with a lead.

I was wondering what you were doing on that 4th. Good game tho. Writeup to come in a little bit.

14. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

i used it 2 plays! that is it!! both inside the 5!

i dont care if you do or dont have it on if only affected one play which was good defense IMO on the pass. but for calling me out for something that wasnt even true, then trying to show off by doing it yourself? what is up with that. kinda ridiculous. the gameplay was very different seeing your players try and strip EVERY play then mine who only do it when I do it.

Ill be honest, i didnt have any part being close in that game, you outplayed my players badly. i dont have much talent. 2 KR TDs and another td set up by the defense and some long FGs was my game. I havent had any offense all year except THompson running the ball and you knocked hi out early.

15. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Oshi with all due respect I don't think were talking about the same plays. The ones I remember clearest were even deep inside my territory on a 3rd and 10. I hit my TE on an in route (for a first down) and the cpu guy you werent controlling tackles him after the catch, does the strip animation, and its an incomplete pass.

16. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

The Rivalry Lives On!

NMSU - 34​
    NM -27​

New Mexico State makes it 3 straight against their in state rivals but not without a hard fought game. Things were very shaky first as the Lobos put the pressure on the Aggies early by running back the opening kickoff for a touchdown. Return man Sherman would go on to run back a Second kickoff for a touchdown in the first half, leaving the NMSU Special Teams coach on the drawing board looking for a way to slow the Lobos' return game down.

After finding themselves down 14-0 in the first quarter, the Aggies were able to rattle off two touchdown drives in the 2nd quarter and rattle off 17 points, but New Mexico was able to add to their lead and take a 27-17 lead into the half.

NMSU was able to score quickly to open the 2nd half off of two big plays to swing some momentum their way. After a stop and on a long NMSU drive the critical play of the game came on a 4th and 18 from the New Mexico 26 yard line. The Aggies brought the field goal team out to try the 50 yarder but after checking the 4mph wind again the Aggie coach knew his kicker didn't have the leg to put it through. He elected to call a timeout and bring QB Dustin Luke and the offense back out. A long pass or an interception would serve as a punt in this situation. Luke however threaded the ball into WR Austin Franklin's Hands on the streak who made a man miss and trotted into the endzone. That game the Aggies a 31 - 27 lead. They knew they couldn't stop their though and after a goal line stand inside the 5 after New Mexico elected to go for it on 4th and goal and failed, were able to march down field pounding the run game and really chew some clock. It ended up short of the endzone but Punter Jason Caprono chipped in a 19 yd FG with 1:09 left to give the Aggies a 7 point lead.

New Mexico however methodically moved the ball down the field and was in the redzone with 20+ seconds left and 2 timeouts. Inside the 10 however Lobos QB Dustin Walton threw his 3rd pick of the game and the Aggies kneeled the ball out with 2 seconds left to somehow escape with a win.

17. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

This is probably the lamest argument in H4Y history... Perhaps the name calling days are behind us.

18. DirtycashDylan

Two incredibly polite chaps going at it. At least it looks like they've developed a nice rivalry.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Steamer43

When are we expecting to adv? I've got a big term paper due tomorrow and probably won't be able to play till tomorrow around 5 CT

20. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

We should be advancing tonight.

21. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  22. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Are we advancing tonight or tomorrow night?

23. DirtycashDylan

Just to reinforce, we're advancing tonight.

24. Steamer43

Middle Tennessee State - 56
    San Jose State - 7

Easily the worst performance by a CPU I've ever faced. SJSU had 113 yards of total offense (57 from one play). Everything I did worked without effort while everything SJSU did failed miserably. Had 3 different backs run for 65 or more yards and they combined for 5 rushing TDs. My QB had his first really good game goind 12-15 214 yards and 3 TDs 1 INT before getting knocked out of the game, my TE had 114 yards and a TD in the first half. True Freshman Stephon Mack returned 11 punts for a total of 203 yards, the longest being a 50 yarder that was stopped at the 2 yard line.

This was a weird game considering I barely beat WMU last week.