Week 6, 2013

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by jandy, Aug 13, 2012.

1. jandy

jandy Walk On

Big games this week with huge conference implications. ​
    #1 Notre Dame vs #22 Michigan State​
    #3 Auburn @ #8 LSU
    #4 Ohio State vs Minnesota​
    #5 Texas @ #18 Texas Tech​
    #6 Florida vs #17 Kansas State​
    #7 Virginia Tech @ Oklahoma
    #9 Georgia vs #12 UCLA​
    #10 Michigan vs Cincinnati​
    #11 Wisconsin @ Florida State​
    #14 Georgia Tech @ #25 Miami​
    User Game of the Week: #3 Auburn @ #8 LSU​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  3. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

I'll let Fred put up game report as he won, He put me i a funk from the start with his 4-2-5 D really killed my game plan on offense, bunch of times my whole offensive line was in the "Blue stage". On Defense I held my own but had 2 picks dropped, and just couldn't get off the field on 3rd down.

4. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Well our D played great and kept LSU's offense on it's heals the whole game. Only giving up 159 yards Total O and held them to -38 rushing... 2 costly pics hurt LSU as one was returned for a TD.. Fraizer played well again and the Tigers continue on there hunt for a Natty... GG Daplaymaker
    ScreenHunter_12 Aug. 13 20.41.jpg
    ScreenHunter_13 Aug. 13 20.42.jpg

5. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

No shame losing to Fred Limbo in your first user game

6. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Noles come out firing on all cylinders, stop White, but couldnt handle Badger D

The Badger defense saved the day creating two safeties which were the difference makers in a game on the road against a tough Florida State team. The defense collected 8 sacks and forced 2 fumbles, while on the other side of the ball White only rushed for 82 Yds on 22 carries and twice left the game with injuries. Redshirt Freshman Bart Houston had another solid game going 13-23 for 245 2TD without a turnover. The offensive line could get some blame for Whites low yard total as all 4 of his big runs (15+ Yds) were called back due to the backside guard (Kyle Costigan) holding. Freshman Cedric Davis lost his punt and kick return duties halfway through the game when he dropped a wide open punt which led to a seminole score.

*I was pissed at myself, one I played this game tired as hell from a long day of work/football. Two I was on the FSU 5 and it was fourth and 1 so naturally I go for it, drew a d-lineman offsides but play continues, I got stuffed. When the screen came up to accept/decline for some reason I hit decline...... I wanted to throw my controller through my TV..... thankfully I got a safety on the next play.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ben

Ben Walk On

Georgia demolishes #12 UCLA
    thumbnail-1.aspx.jpeg thumbnail-2.aspx.jpeg
    Georgia commanded this game from the word, GO. Murray was 4-5 and had 91 yards passing and a td. It is a shame Murray suffered a minor injury that sidelined him for the remainder of the game, in only the first quarter. Hudson Mason stepped right in though, completing 11 of 17 of his passes. He threw for 207 yards and 3 td's/1 int. Not bad for the backup. Ross Williams continued to play well. He rushed for 104 yards and a score. Another freshman who had a notable performance was WR, Bryce Schneider, who had 85 yards receiving and a score. Georgia's 1st string defense played extremely well in this game, only giving up 1 td to UCLA's offense. The 2nd string defense gave up 2 touchdowns and special teams gave up a kickoff return. Still it was a solid win for the Bulldogs, winning 56-28.

Screen shot 2012-08-13 at 9.46.50 PM.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

Are we using new sliders or something? The stupidity of my defense (supposedly a B+) is amazing. CPU is hulking up on D rediculous on me. I bet the person who created these sliders had a powerhouse team and was trying to make it hard for him. This is rediculous.

wide open pitches, qb is throwing is blatantly behind
    wide open down the middle, the throw is to the sideline? wtf

I don't even know what kind of shanigans I'll see next game.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  9. jandy

jandy Walk On

Wolverines Dominate Cincinnati, Lose Toussaint for 9 weeks

Week 6 saw the Michigan Wolverines dominate the Cincinnati Bearcats in a match-up that was viewed by many potential Michigan recruits. QB Trick Washington got the nod over Devin Gardner, and played spectacular. Despite an injury that kept him out one quarter, Washington was still able to finish the game 12 of 16 for 115 yards passing and 3 TD, in addition to 18 carries for 79 yards and a touchdown.

The Wolverine victory, however, was marred by the loss of star HB Fitzgerald Toussaint for 9 weeks. This comes as a huge blow to the already struggling Michigan offense as they head into their in-conference showdown with Notre Dame. With the quarterback position being a question mark this season, Toussaint was supposed to be the workhorse back to take the load off of Washington or Gardner. Without him, the U of M offense will have to look to its other talented, albeit young, running back corp to pick up the slack.

Michigan vs Cincinnati.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

No but considering that Miami has an A+ offense and an A- defense, and that your quarterback has 77 accuracy, it is not surprising that you would have some trouble.

11. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Danny O'Brien had an 82 rating for accuracy and I was having the same problem, and that's why he's no longer the starter.

12. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

This is gonna be a long season....

13. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

[​IMG]

Horns Raid Lubbock in Big 12 Rivalry Win
    Matchup of Top 25 Big-12 Teams sees UT win 44-8
    The 5th-ranked Texas Longhorns travelled to Lubbock to battle in-state rival 18th-ranked Texas Tech, instead it was less of a battle and more of an exercise. The Horn defense started the scoring with a safety on Tech's first series in a game that saw QB David Ash play brilliantly. Ash was awarded player of the game honors after going 16 of 20 for 231 yards and 2 touchdown passes and rushing for 111 yards and a score on 10 carries. He made great reads all day, as he got rid of the ball quickly when Tech blitzed and had some great scrambles when they dropped to back to cover everyone. Texas HB Malcolm Brown stayed hot as he managed 3 touchdowns and 108 yards on 22 carries. The defense gave up some big plays, but managed came up with 3 interceptions while holding Tech to one score.
    Next week, the Longhorns return to Austin for a matchup with the SEC's Ole Miss.
    [​IMG]
    Malcolm Brown "getting his Horns up"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hook 'Em
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Doing a great job with the write ups cmassey13, great addition to the league so far

15. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

IRISH RAVAGE SPARTANS IN REVENGE GAME
    After suffering their only loss of 2012 against heated rival Michigan State, the Irish came in to Saturday's game wanting nothing less than total domination against the Spartans. They got what they wanted and more, ravaging the Spartans 42-14 in South Bend.

Both teams took to the air as Notre Dame threw for 5 TDs. Gunner Kiel was 13-18 for 198 yards and 3 scores while Everett Golson connected for 122 yards and 2 scores on his
    only two pass attempts of the afternoon.

MSU QB Andrew Maxwell threw for 316 yards and a score, but he was picked off twice as the Notre Dame defense forced four turnovers against the Spartans. LB Prince Shembo anchored the defense with 7 tackles, 1 sack and 2 forced fumbles and recoveries.

Next week the Irish take on the other team up north as they face off against jandy and his Michigan squad in South Bend.

16. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I got the slow/glitchy player bug with my left tackle midway through the second quarter, wasn't worth finishing the game like that (was up 17-0 but I couldn't manage playing with that bug)

17. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

I got that with my HB one game but lucky it was in the 4th..

18. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

McLaurin Shines in Hall's Absence
    With some of the nation's top high school talent watching in attendance, Ohio State dismantled Minnesota 49-14 for their fifth win of the season. The Buckeyes were led by Heisman hopeful Braxton Miller, who threw for 317 yards, ran for 152 and scored 5 total touchdowns. Miller's numbers were especially impressive, given that 8 of his 17 incompletions were due to dropped passes. Miller now has 17 touchdowns to only 1 interception, a figure that should put him toward the top of any Heisman ballot.
    A week after losing freshmen standout Ray Hall, OSU look to fellow freshman Tavaris McLaurin, and senior Corey Brown, to create plays on the perimeter. McLaurin had his best game to date, catching a season high 9 passes for 136 yards and two touchdowns, and rushed for 47 yards and another score. Brown added 8 receptions for 120 yards and a touchdown. All together, the Buckeyes amassed 601 yards of offense while playing turnover free football. They were also incredibly efficient, converting 14-of-17 third down attempts into first downs. Next week the Buckeyes travel to Happy Valley, in a rematch game against their lone loss from last season, Penn State.​