Week 6 2014 Now Open - Deadline = 2.17.11 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Feb 15, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 6 Now Open

Deadline = February 17, 2011 7:00 a.m. EST

FYI - I have placed Dredd and DJ on autopilot. It has been several "weeks" (in gameplay) since they have completed their game/recruiting on time.

As such there are no GBN v. GBN games this week.

Roady you are scheduled to play NIU/Vols however his game is still scratched as far as I know so feel free to play the CPU.

Double FYI - the potential new member that had PM'd me earlier this week has decided to join a different dynasty. I'm really sorry how this has played out guys. I thought TF would be a great place to find guys that would enjoy the format. I'm not sure if it's me or just the format but few if any guys are interested in the GBN here at TF. However, we will keep on truckin' along.

2. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I still have the scratched disc problem and I have not picked up a new copy. Unfortunately I'm gonna sit out till next season. Every Spring my gaming time goes way down and my Bass fishing goes way up along with other things.

Thanks for the opportunity to play with you guys, I really enjoyed it and I will hope I can hook up with you guys next year when the new game drops.

As far as new members are concerned, I think its just "The Mac"..maybe next year go with Conference USA or the Mtn West. That may attract more members. But I love the format where everyone is in 1 conference. I hope you guys will have me back.

Thanks again...and I will see you guys soon.

3. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Sorry to hear you're stepping down, bro. I'm looking forwrad to hearing more from you in the future. Good luck.

I might be able to squeeze in my game late tonight, but probably it'll be done at some point tomorrow.

4. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Oxford, OH

Coach Roadhouse may be forced to step down at Dat U.

This week's game was his best first quarter, and his worst last three quarters.

The crowd was amped with our big game. We need to get back in the MACk race, and an inconference win would be just the ticket. In Miami's first possesion we matriculated the ball down the field, but settled for a field goal. NIU started a drive, but my man Eddie Griffin had an 82 yard TAINT and we're up 10-0. On the kickoff, Charlie Daniels jacks up the returner and Orne Bey scoops the fumble and walks in for a 17-0 lead. We kick again, but two plays later, Will Smith scoops another fumble and the rout is on. 24-0 in the first and the fat lady is clearing her throat.

Then the gouging starts. NIU played their hearts out for the departing VOLS. They abandoned the pass and ran us to death. They ran one in and converted the duece, 24-8. They ran another in, 25-15. We stalled again and chipped in a kick, 27-15. Two freaking more TDs and a missed XP and the Huskies lead 28-24. We finally scored our first offensive TD on a last second pass and we're up 34-28 at the break. Unreal.

Suddenly, my senior QB goes in the tank. He can't pass straight, and is giving up the ball like a fat kids give back broccoli. NIU gets two more scores shanks another kick, and lead 41-34 into the fourth.

Dougie Fresh slides through as we trade scores, 48-41. We get the ball back and march it down to a first and goal on the 3. The first run is stuffed. The second pass is swatted by their crazy hopping LB, but on third down Robert Partridge rolled, and rolled, and instead of throwing it away, threw it to a Huskie for his fourth freaking interception of the game.

And the fat lady started her song.

The local boosters are furious that we choked away a 24-0 lead, and loudly questioned the play calling on the final series. This may spell the end of Roadhouse's reign of the Redskins.

5. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Temple gets back in the black with a win over Toledo, 42-14. Nothing spectacular as we took a 35-14 lead quickly in the 3rd and let the 2nd stringers get some valuable PT the rest of the way. Surprisingly, those idiots blanketed the Rockets hurry-up offense for almost 2 qtrs.

Commish, I feel ya on the member turnover. I think people were afraid to jump in late because they thought they would be way behind in the rebuilding process, but when you look at our teams, nobody as really improved from day 1 ratings wise. That's something I'm actually really proud of EA for: it's actually a rebuilding process for most of us.

6. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Totally agree with you radio....love this league it is for sure my favorite...poses such a challenge both in building and with quality opponents...really hope we don't stop would miss this dynasty

7. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Even us 4 can carry this dynasty till we get new guys....

8. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I'd like to see us get more. More real games, more trash talking, etc. It makes for a better league. Then again, if I would carry my weight and win the games I'm supposed to win, I wouldn't always be looking up at you guys.

C'mon DJ! It's your best chance at getting a win next week.

9. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

The GBN is goin' nowhere. If it is just us 4 we will finish out the year. I'll hit the recruiting trail hard when we get close to finishing this season. I figure 1/2 way through the year there really isn't much of a point.