Week 6, 2014

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Congrats to Rekkapryde for cracking the top 10, the first time in his tenure at Georgia Tech. There have been ups and downs for the Yellow Jackets these past two years, but rekka is turning his program into a contender in the Big 12, and is getting close to completing on a national scale. ​
    This week pits two users against one another, in what has become one of my favorite Chompions League rivalries. Fred Limbo and Jon Jon Anderson met the past two seasons in the SEC title game, and each time that game affected the national title picture. In year one, Florida edged past Auburn on their way to the title game, which they eventually lost. The following season the Tigers exacted revenge, ending Florida's hopes of returning to the promised land. Now the two meet in the regular season for the first time in Chompions League history, in what should be a great game.​
    #9 Georgia Tech vs. Baylor​
    #2 Texas vs. #17 Texas Tech​
    #11 Georgia vs. #19 Tennessee​
    #3 Ohio State @ Nebraksa​
    #12 Iowa @ Purdue​
    #1 Wisconsin vs. Florida State​
    #16 Alabama vs. Ole Miss​
    #7 Oklahoma @ #22 Virginia Tech​
    User Game of the Week: #4 Florida vs. #6 Auburn

• Like Like x 3
  2. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

4. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

Iowa Steals Victory
    Coach VanWesten was extremely happy after beating Purdue 17-14. Junior Jake Rudock returned to the field after recovering from broken ribs. He was a little sluggish but settled in for a 14/19 186 yards and 2 touchdowns. Canzeri rushed for 121 yards on 24 attempts. Ray Hamiliton and Cameron Wilson both caught a touchdown pass. The Hawks defense had a stellar game. Marcel Butler had 2 sacks and had 5 tackles. Nico Law was the big guy today with 4 tackles, 1 interception and a force fumble. Minnesota will travel to Kinneck Stadium next week.​

• Like Like x 1
  5. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

[​IMG]

Longhorns Blank Texas Tech 44-0
    The Longhorn defense jumped on Tech early by forcing a three and out on the game's opening series, and that outcome would become a trend in this rivalry game. The Red Raiders could only manage 73 total yards and went 0 for 9 on third down as Texas rolled to an easy victory. The Longhorn offense also played strong with HB Malcom Brown leading the way, as he totaled 135 yards and 2 touchdowns on 29 carries. Brown also added 4 catches for 20 yards and a score, while QB David Ash completed 13 or 20 passes for 238 yards and 3 touchdowns.
    Next week Texas will host conference foe Kansas.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HOOK 'EM!

6. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Auburn Travels to the swamp and gets beat despite a late comeback, Florida had the WR screen game going and used it a lot lol,:eek: we had no answer for it and it ended up beating us. The coaching staff here at Auburn are digging in to find a D for stopping the pesty screen for the next time we play!!:mad: We vow not to let that crap beat use again (y). That was not all that Beat us Florida played solid D and very well over all. Down 21 we scored 14 quick in the 4th and recovered our 2nd onside kick with a chance to tie the game and force OT but a pick ended the game... If we can win out we look for a rematch in the SEC champ game where vengeance will be ours so watch out Jon Jon Anderson ScreenHunter_12 Sep. 11 20.49.jpg

7. Jon Jon Anderson

Jon Jon Anderson Walk On

LOL we figured out that blitz you use over and over again. Might need to try something else next game or that screen will be back...Good game tho folk see you in Atlanta maybe.

8. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

LOL I stopped the blitz before half time and still had no answer for the screen being ran over and over but I found a stopper so bring on the screen you wont run it 15x next game (y) Well you might but it wont be working

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  9. Jon Jon Anderson

Jon Jon Anderson Walk On

LOL...stopped at halftime huh the only time that screen works is against the blitz so if it still worked after halftime you were still blitzing. Anyway i never used the screen before that game to be honest. I was adapting to what you were doing. Its funny how your Free Safety is leading in sacks. But its all good i don't complain or anything just have to figure out another way to get the job done.

10. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

I'm not saying i did not blitz after half time but a majority of my plays on D after half where trying to find some way to stop the screen that came almost every other play, I would be foolish to continue blitzing knowing you where throwing the screen 75% of the time, I uploaded 5 replays to the OD and if you watch them missed tackles killed me on several of the plays it was not because I was blitzing... we just haft to tackle better. Your always interesting to play and I enjoy our games...look forward to seeing what comes next lol..

11. Jon Jon Anderson

Jon Jon Anderson Walk On

Its all good folk! I usually use alot of plays you know from the first 2 times we played i did'nt do that screen one time. I could'nt do anything else you were getting in so fast.Anyway its the past looking to the future. We have good games tho looking forward to the next one! Good luck to you...

• Like Like x 1