Week 6 2015 Now Open - Deadline = 3.19.11 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Mar 17, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 6 Now Open

Deadline - March 19, 2011 7:00 a.m. EST

No GBN v. GBN this week.

2. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Maybe I pushed them too hard...

Dat U hosts its second California team of the month. San Diego State brings their Aztecs east to Oxford. One the opening kickoff All-America Dougie Fresh returned the ball 27 yards before getting jacked up. He sprained his elbow and will be out for 4 weeks. On the first play....and just after we mentioned in the pre-game interview how lucky we are to have dodged the injury bug thus far.

When in doubt, we turn on some Coltraine. The senior super sub takes the delayed handoff and scoots 63 yards for the score. That's the answer! He would end up with 179 yards rushing and 6 catches. After a three and out, Jack Black hits Peter Tosh for a 40 yard pass with a sweet over the shoulder catch that sets up a short TD pass to Rick James. James later became Miami's all-time reception leader in the second quarter.

We were marching again, but Coltraine gave too much extra effort and fumbled, which lead to a 48 yard scoop and score. Miami dominated the second quarter before letting in a last second cheapy TD. it was 34-14 at the break.

In the second half, Miami started experimenting with stuff and that stalled the O. We got back on track in the fourth quarter with a pair of TDs from Charlie Murphy, brother of senior fullback Eddie.

Miami wins it going away 48-20, but can't sit and gloat at all. Next week starts the real season in the GBN as Miami faces Temple. It'll seem different with out Radio, but maybe that means I'll have a chance at winning.

3. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Recap mine later but It is done Broncos win. Ready to advance

4. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

The Commish takes out CMU with ease. The Bash brothers layed the smackdown on some roody pooh candy ass offensive tackles.

5. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

In my game the pesty Ball St team would not go away. We got down 10-0 in early and fought back to take a 20-10 lead before the half. Not sure where my DB's were they hit me for a 40 yd bomb to make it 20-17 half time.

2nd Half
    We came out and score on a 70 yd run by my HB and then my Stud MLB Caldwell picks one off and goes 40yds for the score and we up 34-17 looking like a blow out. The score a Fg and a TD to make it a 34-27 game and had me worried. I kicked a FG to ice it 37-27.

Coach Notes and Quotes:

"Haggen ran the ball well again going for 197 and a score starting RB should be back next week"

"Had a big group of guys to vist and it did not produce any instant results but we look get a commit from a big time recruit in the near future."

"We are a young team that will improve over the next yr or so, I have recently called Barry Bonds and Mark Mcgwire and got there steriod source and we look to bulk up"

Limbo Out