Week 6, 2015

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (4-0) ===============
    Last week the Buckeyes were idle.
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Vanderbilt (2-2).

=============== #6 Oregon Ducks (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Ducks were idle.
    This week, the Ducks will host #12 USC (4-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RT Art Hayford has committed to Oregon

=============== #8 Texas A&M Aggies (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M lost 40-14 against Arkansas (4-0).
    This week, the Aggies will host Ole Miss (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Kenard Evans has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #1 Arkansas Razorbacks (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas won 40-14 against Texas A&M (3-1).
    This week, the Razorbacks travel to Columbia to face the Missouri Tigers (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Kenard Evans has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #5 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 38-21 against Northwestern (1-3).
    This week, the Nittany Lions are idle.

=============== Wisconsin Badgers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 31-24 against Connecticut (2-2).
    This week, the Badgers travel to Piscataway to face the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (2-2).

=============== #3 Stanford Cardinal (4-0) ===============
    Last week the Cardinal were idle.
    This week, the Cardinal travel to Pullman to face the Washington State Cougars (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Stanford targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FB Patrick Jackson has committed to Alabama

=============== #4 LSU Tigers (4-0) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 14-7 against Tennessee (2-3).
    This week, the Tigers will host ECU (0-3).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Mike Williams has committed to LSU

=============== South Carolina Gamecocks (1-3) ===============
    Last week, South Carolina lost 48-41 against Mississippi State (4-1).
    This week, the Gamecocks travel to Lexington to face the Kentucky Wildcats (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following South Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LOLB Alfred Williams has committed to Florida State
    - (***) MLB Thurman Butler has committed to South Carolina

=============== #7 Iowa Hawkeyes (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 37-29 against Boise State (1-3).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Minneapolis to face the Minnesota Golden Gophers (0-4).

2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

SILVER BULLETS SHINE AS OFFENSE SPUTTERS
    Coming off of a bye week, Ohio State was hoping to get its offense back into high gear after struggling last time out against Minnesota. And though the No. 2 ranked Buckeyes scored 37 points en route to a 37-10 win over the Vanderbilt Commodores, it's evident that the OSU spread offense is still not where it needs to be.

Quarterback JT Barrett looked improved from his last outing completing 25-of-34 passes for 196 yards and one touchdown, but still made some plays that made coach Speyer pull his hair out. These moments were particularly apparent in the red zone, where the Buckeyes settled for field goals in each of their first three trips. It wasn't all bad for the sophomore quarterback, however, who did well in spreading his 25 completions around to seven different receivers. Freshman Daquel Newell caught the lone touchdown pass.

The Buckeyes defense was once again phenomenal, keeping the Vanderbilt offense out of the end zone until the final drive, which came against mostly backups. The silver bullets also forced a fumble and an INT.

[​IMG]
    Ballhawking safety Vonn Bell dives for a loose fumble

• Like Like x 1
  3. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Iowa will be getting it in against rival Minnesota tonight. Travelling up to the newly built Kinnick North, we plan to keep the pig.

Jbek - we have a game next advance, what works for you? I will be good to go after 9pm CT on Wednesday. Thursday night I am not available. Will be working until probably 10pm.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Wisconsin will be playing tonight

5. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Assuming Jbek can play H22 tomorrow night I will be pushing the advance some time tomorrow

6. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

tomorrow, 9pm central it is!! I look forward to it

• Like Like x 2
  7. jandy

jandy Walk On

BIG game for both programs. This could be a win that could take your team to the next level. Best of luck to both of you gentlemen.

8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Gettin' Dirty!
    [​IMG]
    Trey Williams scores on a 78 yard TD on his last touch of the game
    Aggies run away with one after disappointing loss
    This one got out of hand. Coach HipHopp shut down the passing game completely after the first drive of the third quarter. The Aggies still scored 4 more TDs in the game after that. The last three were LONG runs when the team was just trying to run out the clock and a lot of backups got PT.

I swear to the football gods I was NOT trying to run up the score. I broke 78, 46, and 43 yard TD runs in the 4th when just running simple run plays. I even had run clock on but I just didn't have any long drives. Ole Miss did not want to tackle in this one though they did throw the ball a million times.

9. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Haha no worries, I'm sure the backups enjoyed getting PT. The only time high scoring blowouts really get under my skin is when the stud player(s) and award candidates are scoring goal line touchdowns in the fourth quarter.