Week 6 2017

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Mar 7, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 6!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (3-1) ===============
    Last week the Eagles were idle.
    This week, the Eagles will host #16 UAB (4-0).

=============== #19 Idaho Vandals (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Idaho won 34-31 against Utah State (3-2).
    This week, the Vandals travel to Jonesboro to face the Arkansas State Red Wolves (3-1).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 31-27 against UL Monroe (3-2).
    This week, the Golden Flashes are idle.

=============== #9 Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky won 42-35 against UL Lafayette (3-2).
    This week, the Hilltoppers travel to Murfreesboro to face the Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (3-1).

=============== #16 UAB Blazers (4-0) ===============
    Last week, UAB won 41-38 against Army (3-1).
    This week, the Blazers travel to Ypsilanti to face the Eastern Michigan Eagles (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Eric Nicholas has committed to UAB

=============== #18 Army Black Knights (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Army lost 41-38 against UAB (4-0).
    This week, the Black Knights will host UL Monroe (3-2).

=============== #8 Western Michigan Broncos (4-0) ===============
    Last week the Broncos were idle.
    This week, the Broncos will host #23 Utah State (3-2).

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State won 25-24 against Louisville (0-2).
    This week, the Red Wolves will host #19 Idaho (5-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Ralph Hopkins has committed to Arkansas State

=============== #23 Utah State Aggies (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Utah State lost 34-31 against Idaho (5-0).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Kalamazoo to face the #8 Western Michigan Broncos (4-0).

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (3-2) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe lost 31-27 against Kent State (4-1).
    This week, the Warhawks travel to West Point to face the #18 Army Black Knights (3-1).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (3-1) ===============
    Last week the Blue Raiders were idle.
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host #9 Western Kentucky (5-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) WR Mike Brown has committed to Mid Tenn State

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (3-2) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette lost 42-35 against Western Kentucky (5-0).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns travel to Columbia to face the South Carolina Gamecocks (1-3).

2. DirtycashDylan

@TheCrumbIsHere

Jkyle's CPU is in the shop so anyone playing him just shoot me a text and I'll put you in contact.

3. DirtycashDylan

4. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

UAB 41- Eastern Michigan 38

Ypsilanti, Michigan - At the very least one thing is for certain, the Eagles are a much, much improved team from a year ago. The UAB Blazers escaped from Ypsilanti with a 41-38 victory when with 30 seconds remaining in the contest J. Martin caught a 30 yard pass from 3rd string QB Brey to etch the last points on the Rynearson Stadium scoreboard. On the ensuing possession the Eagles would fail to move the ball and the game ended on an Interception.

This contest was even across the board. The Eagles came out though and scored the first 10 points of the contest when the Eagles would take the opening kickoff down for a field goal and would proceed to score on their next possession to make it 10-0. UAB would respond and the two teams would go back and forth to ultimately lead to a 24-17 EMU halftime score.

In the third quarter UAB would take a bit of control outscoring the Eagles to push the game to 34-31. However, the fun began in the fourth quarter. EMU would proceed to miss two field goals from around 43 yards that could have given EMU the lead. The game looked over as well at the 1:08 mark as all UAB had to do was kill the clock to end the game. UAB would run the ball and safety S. Gray would jar the ball loose and run it back 92 yards to give the Eagles a stunning 38-34 lead with that 1:08 still on the clock. This then set up the situation listed in the first paragraph. Truly speechless moments from both players made this game a classic.

How about the UAB third string QB throwing for 500 yards exactly in this contest as well? Harmon ran the ball for 228 yards for the Eagles in what was a great contest and a joy to play. Win or lose these are the games that are the reason I'm here as I know the competition level is high.

Makes you wonder though... what would it be like if Crumb actually had a team of 3 or <shock and awe> 4 star players.

Great game Kyle, looking forward to the return visit to Birmingham next year.

5. DirtycashDylan

Go get 'em and let's find out.

6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Arky State - 60
    #19 Idaho - 52

Red Wolves hold off Vandals in Jonesboro shootout

Arky State HB Adam Dean ran for 235 yards on 25 carries with 3 TD, and QB Dennis Johnson went 10/13 for 283 yards with 3 TD and an INT in an offensive explosion for the Red Wolves, who had little difficulty putting points on the board for the first time this season. Idaho struggled at times, with starting QB Jim Rice throwing 3 INTs, and the Vandals found themselves down 37-14 in the second quarter, a far cry from years past, where Idaho has dominated the Red Wolves. However, the 2nd half would see the Vandals make a comeback, thanks to their defense holding Arky State to FGs, and the offense dinking and dunking their way to the endzone repeatedly. Down 54-38 early in the 4th, Idaho turned it on, and with 2 quick TDs and a hold to a FG for the Red Wolves, it was 57-52 late in the 4th. Arky State got a huge play action pass to set up a FG with less than 2 minutes remaining, giving them the 8 point 60-52 lead. With no timeouts, Idaho needed to go 70+ yards in just over a minute and a half. Instead, Rice threw an INT on the first play, and the Red Wolves kneeled the clock to 00:00 to beat their 2nd ranked opponent of the season.

7. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Just when I thought it was a foregone conclusion that Idaho had won the West this year..

8. DirtycashDylan

Wanna play?

9. CoachRedd

yes get on

10. DirtycashDylan

That's what she said.

I'm drunk btw so don't beat me.

11. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Drinkin on the job again. SMH

12. DirtycashDylan

Play your game.

13. DirtycashDylan

Coach is a good guy, he didn't beat me. Tried to save one highlight and got locked out so I'll post more when I can see stats.

WKU 35
    MTSU 14

14. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

[SIZE=4][COLOR=rgb(139, 69, 19)]#8 Western Michigan 45[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    vs
    #23 Utah State 14

2nd Quarter:
    7:23 TD Western Michigan Anthony Jones WR #12 58 Yd Pass from Bill Alford QB #11 (7-0)
    2:52 TD Western Michigan Anthony Jones WR #18 48 Yd Pass from Bill Alford QB #11 (14-0)
    0:58 TD Western Michigan Akeem McCray CB #31 77 Yd Interception (21-0)
    0:00 FG Western Michigan Terrance Campbell K #6 38 Yd Field Goal (24-0)
    3rd Quarter:
    2:58 TD Western Michigan Kyle Walton TE #89 37 Yard Fumble (31-0) Highlight Uploaded
    4th Quarter:
    7:22 TD Utah State Aaron Palmer WR #3 18 Yd Pass from Gerard Butler QB #7 (7-31)
    5:11 TD Western Michigan Chance Davis CB #24 14 Yard Fumble (38-7)
    5:04 TD Western Michigan Tony Jones CB #20 21 Yd Interception (45-7) Highlight Uploaded
    0:48 TD Utah State Michael Cameron HB #20 5 Yd Rush(14-45)

MVP: WMU CB Akeem McCray 3 Tackles, 1 Interception, 1 FF, 1 77 Yd TD

The Turning Point: Utah State had a shot to make it 7-14 at the half as they had driven into Western Michigan territory but Tyrone Coleman was picked off and Akeem McCray ran it in to take a 21-0 lead with under a minute to play. Coleman immediately threw a pick to all everything safety Joe Harrell which set Western Michigan up for a 38 yard FG as time expired in the first half.

Keys To The Game: Both teams were turnover prone but Utah State turned it over 6 times and 4 of those plays resulted in 28 Western Michigan points. Utah State was only 2-9(22%) on 3rd down to Western Michigan's 4-8(50%). Western Michigan continued the trend of winning the ground game as they ran 33 times for 171 yards to Utah States 24 for 63 yards.

Looking Ahead: Next week the Ray Fisher's come to Kalamazoo for a C-USA East Battle.

15. CoachRedd

Apparently CUSA officials are launching an investigation over allegations that WKU coach Dylan smelt of booze during the game...

16. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

We are kicking off at 9

17. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

ULM gets a big win for the West!

After a heart breaking lost in the final seconds last week against Kent St. ULM bounces back to win a tight game 35-32. It was a slow first quarter and Army held a 3-0 lead as they missed a field goal. Army took their lead to 17-4 into half time but that was when ULM begain to show dominance. Both QB's threw for over 400 yards. That includes Mike Small who started his first career game as a Warhawk, he also had 4 Tds and 1int. Neither team was able to run the ball well and the game ended with the Warhawks picking up a 3rd and short. After that they ran the clock out. Good game hammerhead.

18. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Gg john. My secondary couldnt cover a parapalegic this yr and u made me realize that.

19. nikpin

Big win for the East?

20. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

ya i am a dumb ass

21. nikpin

Probably just so used to hearing that it comes as second nature.

22. CoachRedd

Beer pong

23. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I enjoyed watching former Fresno State point guard Bryce Cartwright lead a win over Purdue with one leg (y)

24. CoachRedd

Thats cool... I've enjoyed watching Purdue maintain a top 15 ranking all year on the strength of 26 wins and only 5 losses

25. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Too bad they're playing their worst ball when it matters most...