Week 6 2018

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Apr 14, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

go

2. DirtycashDylan

8 teams ranked. That's gotta be a record.

• Like Like x 1
  3. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Welcome to Week 6!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 48-7 against Western Michigan (5-0).
    This week, the Eagles travel to Birmingham to face the #15 UAB Blazers (4-0).

=============== #11 Idaho Vandals (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Idaho won 30-27 against Utah State (3-1).
    This week, the Vandals will host Arkansas State (1-4).

=============== #14 Kent State Golden Flashes (4-0) ===============
    Last week the Golden Flashes were idle.
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to Boise to face the Boise State Broncos (1-3).

=============== #22 Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky lost 31-28 against UL Lafayette (3-1).
    This week, the Hilltoppers will host Mid Tenn State (3-2).

=============== #15 UAB Blazers (4-0) ===============
    Last week, UAB won 34-28 against Army (3-1).
    This week, the Blazers will host Eastern Michigan (4-1).

=============== #20 Army Black Knights (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Army lost 34-28 against UAB (4-0).
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Monroe to face the UL Monroe Warhawks (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) K Aaron Hobbs has committed to Texas Tech
    - (***) LG James White has committed to Pittsburgh

=============== #1 Western Michigan Broncos (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 48-7 against Eastern Michigan (4-1).
    This week, the Broncos travel to Logan to face the #17 Utah State Aggies (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Paul Parks has committed to Western Michigan
    - (*****) HB Spencer Wright has committed to Western Michigan

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (1-4) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State lost 13-10 against North Texas (2-2).
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Moscow to face the #11 Idaho Vandals (5-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Jason Meeks has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #17 Utah State Aggies (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Utah State lost 30-27 against Idaho (5-0).
    This week, the Aggies will host #1 Western Michigan (5-0).

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (4-1) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe won 63-10 against Louisville (1-4).
    This week, the Warhawks will host #20 Army (3-1).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 38-19 against Navy (2-2).
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Bowling Green to face the #22 Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (3-2).

=============== #23 UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (3-1) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette won 31-28 against Western Kentucky (3-2).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns travel to Fayetteville to face the Arkansas Razorbacks (0-2).

4. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yall remember the time Nik told us he was gonna break down each position instead of the all-nikpin team? Yeah, that would have been cool...

5. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Then I went on living my life. I'll try to get some done...

6. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

What's My Age Again

[​IMG]

S9Wk6.JPG
    S9Wk6TS.JPG

Teddy Wilkerson, a 6'2" 195lb former 4* recruit turned QB never quit working hard when his coach sat him down before Army's week 1 game to tell them they would be going with friend and fellow QB counterpart Lester Lee to start the season. "Teddy didn't pout or hang his head after we gave him the news, he just went to work every day and said he would help the team any way he could," said coach Hammerhead after Army's week 6 game. Teddy got his chance to help out earlier than expected and did just that as the young RS FR lead the Black Knights to a 59-41 victory on the road against a hostile ULM crowd. After Lee went down with a broken collarbone in last weeks game the torch was passed to Wilkerson who got the job done in his starting debut.​

This game saw loads of firepower from both teams as ULM received the ball and scored on their opening drive marching the ball downfield for 3+ minutes making the Army D look on their heels. Wilkerson started his day out in style though as he read the defense and audibled to a pass play, and connected with Amir McDonald for a 57 yard streak and the user ULM FS got tripped up on the play. On the ensuing drive on the next play from scrimmage the Army D forced their second fumble of the game, but this time recovered it to get the ball, and the momentum back. With great field position Army HB Victor Harrison who had been sidelined since week 1 with injuries made up for lost time punching it in from 11 yards out:​

Army wouldn't hold the lead long as they failed to make a goal line stand and ULM punched it in from 1 yard out to tie the game back. Army quickly answered back on another Wilkerson pass this time connecting with WR Darius Rollins for an 11 yard score. On ULM's following drive Army FR MLB Orlando McIntyre read the route and user picked QB Marcus Turner. The mistake would prove costly as Army converted the turnover to 7 points on a Keith Thomas 23 yard TD run giving Army a 28-14 lead:​

ULM turned a 3rd and short into a big gain as Army got aggressive and cover 0 blitzed allowing Turner to connect with the speedy Fernandez on a pass who got loose for 59 yd gain to pull the score 28-21. Army punched it in 1 more time on a Teddy Wilkerson option keeper to extend the lead to 35-21 going into half.​

ULM needed to make a stand after kicking off to Army to start the second half. QB Wilkerson had other ideas as he hit the brakes, weaved through traffic, and then turned on the jets as he waltzed 70 yds and broke a tackle inside the 5 to score on the Army's first play from scrimmage in the second half:​

Fast forward to later in the game though after Army was held to a field goal and ULM had just scored their 2nd 2nd half TD. The lead had been cut to 45-35 and ULM was looking to make a push if they could just get a stop. On the following kick though Army return man Amir McDonald got to the outside and beat everyone for an 89 yard return and extended the lead to 52-35 and in essence ending ULM's shot at a comeback:​

Both teams would score one more TD apiece as we reached a final score of 59-41. Very good game @johngalt11 this was a fun one. Army gets ready for their much anticipated rematch with Kent State next week.​

Passing:​
    Army T Wilkerson 11-12 253yds 2TD 0INT​
    ULM M Turner 27-38 550yds 5TD 3INT​

Rushing:​
    Army V Harrison 19-130yds 2TD​
    ULM D Smith 10-50yds 1TD​

Defense:​
    Army K Parrish 6tkl 1sack 1FF​
    ULM J Scott 6tkl​

Army POTG:​
    RS FR QB Teddy Wilkerson​
    11-12 passing 253yds 2TD​
    7 rushes for 72yds 2TD​

7. DirtycashDylan

WKU-45
    MTSU-0

Coach Redd walked into a buzz saw on Saturday afternoon in Bowling Green. After losing their initial two conference games by a possession, the Hilltoppers didn't leave this one to chance. The Blue Raiders' FleXbox One, still with that 'new offense smell', gained a measly 36 yards on 24 carries for a 1.5 yard average (I can does math). Meanwhile, WKU HB Evan Fenner ran it 16 times for 144 yards (9 yards a carry for Fenner and 5.4 for the total team) and 3 TDs. WKU LBs accounted for 17 total tackles, 4 FL, 1 INT and a FR.

GG Redd. Ready to give up the bone?

8. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Eagles Shut The Lights Out On UAB:

"A classic contest between JKyle and TheCrumbIsHere ends in OT when Charlie Vaughn runs in a 10 yard rush in OT to clinch a 30-27 win"

Birmingham, Alabama - In a game that can just be described with one word, "electric", the Eastern Michigan Eagles pushed their record to a surprising 5-1 with a 30-27 OT victory at UAB. The contest was an even, well played contest up until the final 18 seconds when unfortunately JKyle lost his connection due to a temporary power outage. The game was 24-21 at the time of the disconnect with the Eagles on the UAB 38 yard line. EMU would complete a pass that would put Josh Newby in position to kick the tying 36 yard field goal with 3 seconds left.

However, how did we get to this point? It was a defensive contest to start off. EMU would strike first with a 1 yard TD run from Jonas Williams at the 4:05 mark in the first quarter to make the score 7-0. UAB would then respond with a Will Means 33 yard FG after a nice defensive stand from the Eagles to push the score to 7-3. UAB would then cause an EMU Interception on their next drive and UAB would score the next points at the 4:50 mark in the second quarter when Nicholas Chase would run it in from 34 yards out to give UAB at 10-7 lead. EMU would respond though with a nice drive to close out the first half which was concluded with a TD catch from Vicent Roland which put the Eagles up 14-10 at half.

Both teams would start the second half off exchanging defensive stands. UAB would then strike the next blow though at 34 seconds left in the third quarter. JKyle calls a brilliant long pass play that goes over the head of the Eagles secondary and Anthony Cross was the beneficiary of the 51 yard pass reception to put UAB up 17-14. In the fourth quarter things were not looking good for the Eagles as EMU would miss a FG early on which would have tied the game up. However, the Eagles defense would step up. CB Brett Cooper would catch a 41 yard Interception and return it to the house at the 4:52 mark to give the Eagles the lead 21-17.

UAB would be undeterred though. They proceeded to march the ball down the field methodically including a nice 4th down conversion and were ultimately rewarded with Sam Smith's 1 yard TD at the 41 second mark. This set up the conclusion of the contest when unfortunately JKyle lost his connection and I had to take on the CPU instead to finish the game out, the EMU field goal was made. Then in OT the Eagles made a huge defensive stop forcing UAB to a FG, then literally two running plays later the Eagles were in the end zone to win the contest 30-27.

Statistically the game was quite even. UAB managed 436 total yards for the contest, EMU 473. However, honestly the defenses were the story of the game as there were 5 turnovers in the game total. It was a great game, a great defensive game and an absolute blast to play. It's just a shame that it couldn't have ended with both of us in OT playing it out. You never know what could have happened. However, trust me I'll take it.

This marked the Eagles first win over a top 25 team in the H4Y Dynasty. It also gives the Eagles 6 more opportunities to win one game to clinch their first .500 season in the H4Y dynasty. Who knows if it'll happen but at least on this night, the Eagles were victorious.

GG JKyle, our two games have been phenomenal.

9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

What kind of defense did you run?

10. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

JKyle got gypped IMO. If my connection dropped going into OT I wouldn't want a cpu'd finish.

11. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Yeah trust me, I don't feel great about it either. It was a very even game and it was definitely not the way that it should have been settled. But I don't really know if replaying an entire game due to 18 seconds would really have been the way to go either. It sucks because it's one that I felt I had a good shot to win out fair and square as well..

Just to make this crystal clear. The moment that he disconnected, I texted JKyle who let me know what happened and he gave me permission to finish it out. It was not as if I did this just to get a "free win." Besides, to be honest if I was that obsessed with getting a win no matter the cost, seems to me that I would have probably quit the league a few seasons back. lol.

12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

One more win Crumb...Feel like bowling?

13. Full Moon Fever

This is why we need that OT minigame back.

So long as JKyle was cool with it, no problemo. Just saying I wouldve rather worked something out. In leagues past i had a situation like that and we just started a new game and played OT rules. I gave him a long pass play down to the 25 and after he scored we did the same thing for me. Once we had a would-be winner, it was supersimmed to the desired win.

14. DirtycashDylan

Yeah, I was talking to JKyle in a party when it happened. Dallas power grids ftl. He was annoyed but told Crumb to finish it out. If it had been me, I woulda wanted to play an overtime situation like Fever/Hammer just suggested

A user defense. I told you mother fuckers, I eat option for breakfast. num num num

15. Full Moon Fever

That ain't all you eat for breakfast.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

He played great defense and really took away things I wanted to do like speed option...Played perfect defense so I give him alot of credit. He also got some help when my stud QB Bobby Cooper got hurt in the first quarter and is now out 10 weeks. The QB is the whole offense in a fleXbox One.... ahh hell, who am I kidding? I got my ass beat every which way.

17. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

To be honest, I never even thought about that as an option. I would have been fine with that as well. It didn't help either that I had another responsibility to deal with at around 8:30 PM EST(our game finished at ~8:10). Ironically that was only the second time in a game that we had a disconnect like that. In the first time, it disconnected while I was at home and I just let Hammer finish the game out as well(even though it wasn't nearly as close as this one was). If it would have happened with the situation turned, I would have had JKyle finish it out as well.

Perhaps it isn't necessary but maybe we should set up a rule for dealing with that situation?

18. jkyle5

jkyle5 Walk On

Yah. I got no problems with the way it ended. It was a great game and Crumb got a good W out of it. It was WAY WINDY in Dallas and with 18 to go... I hear a LOUD power surge outside my window. A tree limb got blown into a wire and shut down my side of the block. And yah, it would have seemed pointless to play out another game just because of 18 seconds. Crumb told me before we started that he had plans later. And it was just one game that I still had a shot to win even without being able to finish. Great game played by crumb. No worries. I was fucking frusterated when it happened but, who wouldn't be. I had a drink last night and calmed down. All is well. (y) Looking forward to the next game I play against Crumb. Should be another good one.

Addendum: It would be great if there was just a way to re-join a game if you get temporarily disconnected. It wouldn't have helped me yesterday cuz my power went out 4 more times after that... but, just sayin'. Why isn't there a way to do this?

Sometimes the technical diffacluties will f*cking kill ya...

[​IMG] GIFSoup

19. Full Moon Fever

Idaho beats Arky State 52-24. Happy to get out with no injuries.