Week 6 Battle for C-USA Preview

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Baron, Dec 19, 2011.

?

Who will win the Thrilla in Birminghama

Poll closed Dec 26, 2011.
  1. FIU

75.0%
  2. UAB

25.0%
  1. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

[​IMG]

The Thrilla in Birminghama​
    FIU @ UAB ( papaloke )​
    Week 6 showcases a pivotal match up in Conference USA. The FIU Golden Panthers, previously the bully of the Sun Belt Conference are looking to keep up their winning ways in C-USA. But to do it, they'll have to get past last year's champ, UAB. The 4-0 Panthers, who have a double digit win streak dating back to last season, seemingly have the upperhand against 2-1 UAB. But Head Coach Frank Baron says that talk "is for people who have zero idea about football."​
    "They had a six point loss to LS-god-damn-U. I'd be happy to put six points on them, plus we're at their place."​
    FIU O vs. UAB D​
    The Panthers' troubles passing the game could get worse against UAB, with stand out free safety Anthony Barrett (86 OVR) likely dogging redshirt freshman QB, Andrew Kelly (39-80 for 564 yards 2 TD's, 6 INT's) who has struggled with his accuracy and decision making. But that's not what has Baron worried. "It's our interior against their interior. They've got two pretty good tackles in Mickey Jackson (78 OVR) and Andrew Mahan (77 OVR) against our interior which has struggled. And penetration will just rape our gameplan." Look for Cedrick Rhodes (86 car, 588 yds, 6 TDs) to try and take the pressure off of Kelly.​
    FIU D vs. UAB O​
    Like every game, the Golden Panthers D will revolve around All-American DT, Brandon Dunn. "Dunn's taken the weight of an entire defense and put it squarely on himself." Dunn (94 OVR) will likely face double, if not triple teams by the UAB interior (C = 77 OVR, LG = 72 OVR, RG = 68 OVR). But Baron is counting on that to let a young FIU linebacking corps roam free. But if the Golden Panther D can't get home, their secondary could struggle against Isiah Johnson (60-92, 908 yards, with 7 TD's and 6 INT's).​
    Prediction​
    Dunn is the only legit superstar on the field and he'll play like it against UAB, wreaking havoc against a weaker O-line. But Kelly's struggles throwing the ball will let UAB stack the box and put too much pressure on Rhodes. Too many INT's by both sides (by Johnson running for his life from 290 lb. DT he's convinced wants to eat him, and Kelly because well... he sucks) will keep it a low scoring affair, 17 all in regulation before Kelly makes another errant throw in OT to drop FIU from the ranks of the unbeaten.​
    (That's my opinion as an objective journalist. As FIU's coach, "Fuck UAB." )​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Baron

3. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

Ha! Very nice!

Everyone get your votes in, Coach papaloke has 4 offical visits scheduled for tonights game. I have concerns about my O line which has been skull drug in a couple of games this season....Darrin Reaves told me he slept with his helmet on last night though so he's ready to go! and one more thing.. "Fuck FI(who)!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Conf-USA game huh. Who gives a shit?!?!

5. Baron

We can't all cheese into a coordinator spot at bigger schools Hokie. :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

Thanks! Turd.

7. GMangs

GMangs Walk On

FIU cause I like minority chicks and dark hair, especially the one in the middle.

• Like Like x 1