Week 6 Browns vs. Bengals

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by kdpnutter, Dec 9, 2010.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

@NateDawg

I am off today and tomorrow and at work all day Saturday so can't play then. Let me know if today or tomorrow works for you.

2. NateDawg

NateDawg GT- MIZ Nighthawk

@kdpnutter
    I'm good to go today. Can you go now?

3. NateDawg

Hey dude it's been an hour so i'm on here waiting on you. ready to go when you are

4. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Been on trying to get the game working but we keep getting error messages so were gonna try one more time and then after that just try it tomorrow. Natedawg said he is going to go to a friends place and try it.

As for not being on right at 4, had to take care of the little cousins baby so the baby comes first but got on at 4:05 EST.

5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Been having issues with connections, and get through about the first quarter and we each keep getting the message your opponent has disconnected from the EA Servers and we get the boot, gonna try a third time and see if we can get it to work.

@Keller

6. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

@kdpnutter
    @NateDawg

Have you guys both updated your rosters? Remember, that can cause disconnects because EA is retarded. Also, there has been server maintenance (last night from what I read) so that may be causing some problems as well.

7. NateDawg

@Keller
    The fist 2 games I was up by 2 touchdowns when it kicked us and I let him start from the beginning. Then the third game he was up. It is not at all fair if you say that since he was up in the THIRD game that that one should count. Maybe you didn't know all the facts when you told kdpnutter we had to pick up from that game. the servers were acting up, I've never had problems before.

8. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I did let him know it was the 3rd game and that you were up in the two previous to it in the first quarter and the beginning of the 2nd. The one thing I had with this one is the two previous said your opponent had disconnected from the EA Server, on the third one it stated, "Your Opponent has Quit the Game" and left the option of Quit and Don't Count or Quit and Count, with the game as late as it was and the score what it was I spoke with Keller and was gonna take a picture of it saying that "Your Opponent has Quit the Game" but forgot to but he said that I could count it. I think that is what the problem was, I did suggest that we come up with a hard and fast rule for this so we don't wind up with any issues in the future. I did enjoy my games against you and look forward to our rematch later on in the year which will probably be for the division with how well the Bengals seemed to play. So I would look for a thread on that, since EA likes to play games with people and screw around with the servers we gotta have a stead fast rule on games on when you can count them or not.

Question, what happened to T.O.? Didn't see him out there, did he retire at the end of the first season?
    @NateDawg

9. NateDawg

I will not accept this as your win. I was up by two touchdowns at the END on the second quarter. What are the chances that a disconnect happens two times in a row both times right after I score a touchdown? I don't know all the Facts about the servers but I did not quit the game and you did not even take a picture so how do I know any of this is true?

10. Keller

Okay guys, I thought there might be some hostility here but lets be adults.

@NateDawg - I'm sorry things went the way they did. I promise you I'm not playing favorites or anything of that nature, I'm just trying to resolve these types of situations as fair as I can.

Let me preface this by saying its my fault for not having a standard in place prior to the games but I just figured I would let the owners decide. Keep your eyes peeled for "a standard" moving forward.

Now lets take a look at what I was told:
    2 games - 2 disconnects, both games you were winning by 7 and 14, respectively, at the start of the second quarter. You both agreed to replay a 3rd game.

The 3rd game I was told you quit and nutter had no reason to believe you hadn't quit as well because the game was telling him that - not his fault. In that game he was winning 35-7 with 4:36 left to play in the 3rd.

Based on that, you guys agreed to play the 3rd game from scratch so theres no point in referring to the first two games. So with him winning 35-7 you can assume that the odds are in his favor for winning. So since you "quit" and the score was what it was, I told nutter to take the win.

Now, let me also say that this is TSO we're talking about. We don't allow dishonest, cheesing, cheating people to play here. The system for weeding those guys out isn't perfect, but by and large I trust the owners we have here in the TMFL. Therefore I have no reason to question anything that nutter is saying or said.

The fact is, one of you guys probably didn't have a roster up to date OR it was EA server bullshit OR Nate you should have been plugged directly into your modem. Unfortunately playing games over the internet isn't perfect, but we gotta deal with it.

What should have happened:
    First game, you were up however much and when the game disconnected you should have agreed to replay the game from that point. So however much time and however many points and just replay it from there.

11. NateDawg

So because I was a nice guy and allowed a replay the first TWO times, I'm the one that's gonna get screwed because he won't give me the same courtesy??? Both games I was up (or about to be up) by two touchdowns which we all would agree is a very solid lead to have. But the third time since he is up he thinks it's in his beat interest to start from that point and change the way we handled it the first two times?

If what you say is true, Keller, then you honestly believe that neither one of us was disconnecting and it was an EA problem. Therefore, there is no reason that he should be able to change the way we handle a disconnect the THIRD time just because it happens to be to his advantage that time.

I know it's not all about winning, I totally understand that. I just want a fair outcome that doesn't favor one or the other and this solution CLEARLY favors kdpnutter simply because he decided to be the one to use the crappy EA servers as an advantage and I didn't.

12. NateDawg

Since there was no rule in place, we should have to handle it the same way we handled it the first two times, thats all I am saying. It's only fair...

13. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I did not decide to use the EA servers as an advantage, at all. and that is one of the reasons that I suggested also we come up with a hard fast rule on it. Being up 28 with just over 4 minutes in the third quarter I think is a very substantial lead and when it said you quit and I didn't see you get kicked off or anything and got a message from you less than a minute after the quit message saying "Well i g2g we can try again tomorrow"

I'm not looking to get into a back and forth regarding it. This is why i suggested we get a steadfast rule on it to avoid any problems and like I said I am looking forward to our rematch later on in the season.

14. Keller

Nate I understand your frustration - I really do. Theres nothing I can do about it now. EA hasn't given commish's the tools to just force the game to be replayed - the game is over and all we can do is try to prevent this type of thing in the future by setting a standard.

You agreed to replay on the third game, therefore the first two games don't really matter. If you're questioning nutter's honesty about the situation, we could likewise question yours about why you left or got disconnected during the 3rd game. Its just not a good idea to start questioning either of you - it will only lead to a bad place. I trust the both of you guys and hopefully I have no reason to not continue doing so.

The 3rd game was 35-7 - the odds were in very much in his favor to win - I did what I thought was right at the time. I'm sorry I didn't have a standard set in place to being with so you would have known ahead of time what to do for a disconnect - thats my fault, not yours.

15. NateDawg

Youre still ignoring te fact that a two touchdown lead at the end of the first half (and getting the ball back at the beginning of the second half) is almost the same thing. I'm not questioning anyone's honesty- I know perfectly well that the EA servers are crap sometimes. The only thing I'm calling out is the fact that the first two games I had a substantial lead and we chose to replay the game. Why then would you immediately assume that the third game the rules all of a sudden change? like I said, a two touchdown lead at the end of the first half and getting ball back is almost identical to the score that you apparently decided to count the game of. I think I was completely screwed in this deal, especially since I wasn't even consulted until after it is apparently too late to do anything about it?

16. NateDawg

Not to mention this game is absolutely crutial considering the standings in the division. This could be a season changing decision and I wasn't even consulted about it.

17. Keller

Nate - I don't know what you want me to do - you think it would have been fair to just restart a game you were losing 35-7? Come on man.

You replayed the games from a fresh start - granted you were in a better position in your games but its irrelevant. Its neither fair to nutter to restart a game he's winning 35-7 nor is it fair to you to restart a game you're winning 14-0. The buck stops there, there is no win-win situation.

I've already apologized and told you I was just trying to do what was fair. I'm already working on fixing this issue for the future - there really isn't much else to be done.

18. NateDawg

I know there's nothing we can do- that's the point. Im just extremely frustrated at how this went down and how kdpnutter handled it.