Week 6 Buccaneers at Raiders

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by RVallee, Nov 21, 2014.

1. RVallee

RVallee Walk On

Jan 12, 2013

Oakland, CA-

This matchup had all sorts of subplots. Two somewhat surprise teams, the Bucs coming in at 4-1, and the Raiders at 3-2. Doug Martin vs his former team. Two pirate based teams. The game did not disappoint.

Oakland jumped out to a 5-0 lead, and yes, they were playing football, not baseball. On the Buccaneers second possession, a Khalil Mack sack on second year Bucs QB Kyler Barnes put the ball at the Bucs own 1 yard line. Punting from the end zone, the kick was blocked and recovered by the Bucs as a Safety. Side note, it was quite awesome to see a blocked kick, and it's probably the first one in a user-user game I've seen that I can remember since Madden 12, so I was shocked to see it. The Raiders tacked on a FG to make it 5-0.

The Buccaneers took a 7-5 lead on a Kyler Barnes TD pass, and with a FG made the game 10-5. The Raiders were able to respond with a Carr to Rod Streater TD pass, and connected on the 2pt try to take a 13-10 lead. After another Lavonte David interception, Barnes hit WR Robert Herron for his second TD on the day, and a 17-13 lead late in the game.

The Raiders had the opportunity for a game-winning drive. On the 3rd play of the drive, Derek Carr went down on a Rommell Greene sack, and left the game. Backup QB Matt McGloin was in, and gave a valiant effort, driving Oakland all the way down to Tampa's 5 yard line, before being picked off by safety Mark Barron in the end zone, his second of the game, and a game-winner.

Game Notes: Both QB's struggled with accuracy. Kyler Barnes completed just 11/29 passes, and Derek Carr was 18/34 before leaving with injury.....Lavonte David is an animal. 6 tackles and 2 interceptions. He is just so good and both stuffing the run and playing the pass.....Doug Martin was once again pretty pedestrian, 15 carries for 53 yards. The Raiders offensive line has struggled to find Martin any room to run....Carr's injury was a bit of a mystery, as Raiders officials said simply "chest", and Carr seemed to be clutching his side when helped off the field. An MRI is schedule for Monday morning.
    • Like Like x 1