Week 6: Cardinals vs 49ers

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by Miki1369, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Hey bro let me know when u can get this game in... I will be home all night tonight and most of the day tomorrow

2. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Hey, next time tag me so I can get an e-mail about this! lol

I am back home visiting family and not getting back home til late tomorrow night and I have tons of HW to do. I might be able to play to play late Monday night (I work til 9:30 central time) so it would have to be then but I know its really close to the deadline.

LtJustice if he can't play Monday night or we can't get it in before the deadline should he just play the CPU?

3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Tags are always a good idea, but I understand it is hard to do from mobile devices sometimes, not sure if this was the case with Mike or not.

On the other hand Alex, if you only had a small window on Saturday where you could have played, perhaps you should have started a scheduling post earlier yourself.

Mike, would you be available to play late Monday night?

If Mike is not available Monday night; Alex will be put on auto, because his only availability is just before the deadline, and Mike can play the CPU.

Let me know gentlemen. Ninersfan80 Miki1369

• Like Like x 1
  4. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

yeah i posted it from my Iphone and it was hard to tag you; however, every time the week is advance we all should look to the scheduling forum though.

Anyways, Monday is no good for me after 9 pm est as i wont be home till late that night. LtJustice Let me know what should i do...

• Like Like x 1
  5. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I'd get up at the butt crack of dawn to play a division game like this one. Hope you guys are able to get it in!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I posted in the vacation thread that this weekend was going to be tough for me to play. Yesterday I was busy from 10 am to 12 am and was dead tired afterwards. And I am going to be busy all day today as well. It sucks but it is what it is.

I have no problem with him playing the CPU since I am the one that has the busy schedule this weekend. Sorry guys, hope you understand.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

I can go right now... also i would probably lose to the CPU anyways lol...

8. LtJustice

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Free pretty much all day after 2. But I dont want to hold up the league. That's not fair to the other guys

10. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Not a big deal. We would much rather see a division game like this one played. No big deal if you guys are able to kickoff late Monday night or early afternoon/evening on Tuesday. (y)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

I can try and be home tomorrow around 11 pm est. i have to go to this surprise party at 9 so im not sure if i can get out of there at 11 but i can try.

Im home all day tuesday, but i maybe playing some golf in the afternoon. I should be good after 7:30 pm est on tuesday or early before 1 pm est

• Like Like x 1
  12. LtJustice

Alright guys, I am not going to grant an extension on possibilities and maybes. If you guys are fine with a CPU or sim game, then so am I.

I understand that Madden doesn't exactly take priority over day to day life, but I've seen very little sense of urgency to get this game played.

My proposal is that we leave the game unplayed with the possibility that you guys can hook up late tonight. Otherwise we just go with a straight sim.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

LtJustice

Jim, why am i getting penalized with a sim game or maybe a sim lose for that matter. I have been available and made the effort all weekend long to get this game in.

I am also available right now and all day today Monday (except from after 9 pm est). I don't think its fair for this game to be simed when i made all the necessary efforts to play it.

Also, i never said i was fine with a sim game. I just said that i was not going to be available after 9 pm est tonight, but i was going to do my best to leave the party im going around 11:00 pm to accommodate his schedule.

If he is not available i can play the CPU or anyone that would play for him, and im okay with that... What i dont think its fair is that we sim the game and i may get another "L". If 0-5 is bad 0-6 would put me in a real bad hole.

Let me know how you want us to proceed...

14. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I said that this weekend was going to be tough for me to play and I have been busy the whole weekend and haven't had an hour and a half to sit down and play. I know this is totally on me and I don't think Miki1369 should be penalized for it either.

If I didn't get scheduled to work I could of played today but that I was out of my hands. This isn't anyone's fault. I posted in the vacation thread that this weekend would be tough to get games in and that was before everything was planned for the weekend. What is that thread good for if it isn't taken into consideration??

Let him play the CPU I am fine with it, as I said before.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LtJustice

You are not being penalized at all. You said you MIGHT be available tonight. If you play the CPU before that, then that makes tonight moot. So essentially you have to decide whether you want to just play the CPU or if you would rather let it ride on the chance that you will make it back tonight to play. You see what I'm saying? It's your call, I can set him on auto when I stop home for lunch, if you don't really anticipate making it tonight.

Also, we no longer have the ability for substitutes. With the way the franchise is set up, and owner cannot leave and come back anymore (as the same team).

Slow your roll Alex, I never said this was anyone's fault. I simply stated that there was no real sense of urgency to play the game. I understand you were busy, and you did post in the out of town forum as required, there is no debate there.

It's no secret that we prefer to have as few simmed games as possible. While some leagues are ok with owners playing when they have time, and going on autopilot when they do not, we are not one of those leagues. I am not inferring anything about you when I say that, just stating a matter of fact about our league.

Sometimes we have guys bend over backwards and jump through some hoops to get their games in, especially when it can be a very important divisional game like this. Again, I am not saying that you guys have been lacking, just seems to be a lack of urgency to get the game played at all costs (which is the attitude that many of us would take with such a game).

You guys let me know what you want to do; if Mike is going to play the CPU today, all the better as far as the advance goes.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Ninersfan80 If you are going to be available between 11:00 PM est and 11:30 PM est tonight i will make sure im home at that time to play the game. Now if you wont u need to let me know right now so i can play the CPU. Hopefully u are and we can get the game in.

Jim if you could put him on AUTO that would be cool, just in case he wont be able to make it. If he is then he can just switch back.

17. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

You can play the CPU. It is looking like I am going to have to stay later then I thought at work. And still have a lot to get done before the morning. This will likely be one of the only times that this will happen hopefully. I apologize.

18. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

okay once Jim puts you on Auto i will play the CPU

19. LtJustice

Done

20. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Well I guess that's what I get. Kaepernick, Staley, and Boone alll get hurt. Awesome

• Like Like x 1