Week 6 Content/Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by SodaAddict, Nov 11, 2010.

1. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Welcome to Week 6 Everyone.

We have 2 user games this week:
    Florida vs LSU, and Oklahoma vs Texas.

We will be advancing Friday night at midnight at the latest.

Good luck to everyone.

2. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

When can I post my recruit info?? This class is already looking sick. You guys will not like what you see when I unveil these kids.

3. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I'll get the SEC stuff up soon. I have some work to do, so it probably wont come until much later tonight.

4. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

I noticed that AJ, i continue to drop kids off my board cause I know I have no chance to snag them with the recruiting muscle you have developed.

5. SodaAddict

We will do something with it within this game week or next.

What do you think would be better? Having me post everyone's commits up to this point? Or having every individual do a write-up on their recruits to this point?

6. AJ Hart MN

Well I have 5 of my 14 schollies filled already with the rest of the 9 pretty much accounted for so if i'm not leading on a recruit your going after, don't worry bout the Gators, we'll lay low.

7. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Ha keep up the good work man. Take some recruits from Oklahoma if you want.

8. SodaAddict

Just make sure all of you have your scholarships accounted for by the offseason like AJH... It would make the offseason go way faster...

(and I would get free reign on all the guys that come on during the offseason)

9. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Gotta love those :5stars: offseason recruits

10. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The SEC put together a solid week, not losing any non-conf games and generally solidifying their hold as the best conference in football. The Gators look to be the class of the conference and are currently ranked #1 in both polls, although tough tests this week against LSU (#7 Coaches, #9 Media) and South Carolina (#4 Coaches, #2 Media) await them over the next 2 weeks.

[​IMG]

Look out everyone, this Gator team looks dominant. They traveled to Kentucky for a big game against a solid SEC foe and beat up on the Wildcats. They jumped out to a 24-0 lead before Kentucky could respond and at that point it was already too late. While the Wildcats did score a TD before the break to make it 24-7, the Gators would score twice in the second half to push the final margin to 34-7. Player of the game was Lance West who threw for 337 yards and 3 TDs.

This week the Gators will face off against the Tigers of LSU.

[​IMG]

This was a game that was both encouraging and discouraging to the Crimson Tide. The Good: They managed to score 59 points (and 38 unanswered) and get the win against UL-L. The Bad: They had to fall behind 14-0 after the first quarter in order to finally wake up and ended up allowing 27 points. While the Tide faithful are no doubt happy with the win, the coaching staff must be thinking about ways to fix some of those problems, because against an SEC opponent, they might not have been so lucky.

This week the Georgia Bulldogs will come to town.

[​IMG]

LSU rebounded well from last week's loss, beating a solid Utah squad 52-30. The result of the game was never really in doubt as the Tigers never trailed in this one. The closest Utah could pull it was 7 points at 2 different points in the 2nd quarter (21-14 and 28-21). The second quarter was actually one of the highest scoring in SEC history with 38 points scored total between the teams. The player of the game was (without question) Mike Ford who ran for 230 yards and 4 TDs.

Next week LSU will travel to the Swamp for a huge matchup with the #1 Gators.

[​IMG]

South Carolina escaped what would have been a disappointing letdown by beating Vanderbilt 17-14. The Gamecock offense was anemic for much of the game, and the only score they managed in the second half was a 1 play scoring drive in which Marcus Lattimore took the handoff on the counter and raced 80 yards untouched for a TD to put them ahead by the final margin. The Gamecock offense did come up with another huge second half drive however, after getting the ball back with 7 min to go in the game, a steady dose of the running game let South Carolina run the clock out without giving the Commodores another crack at it. Player of the game was Marcus Lattimore with 183 yards and a TD on the ground as well as 5 catches for 55 yards.

This week South Carolina will welcome BCS buster TCU into Colombia.

SEC Game of the Week:

[​IMG]@[​IMG]

As if there was any doubt. This monster matchup will be one of the most entertaining games of the whole year. The Gators and their passing game have been lighting up SEC defenses but LSU may not roll over so easily. They're one of the few teams in the country with the horses to compete with Florida and Mike Ford is an absolute gamebreaker. While I anticipate a close one, the fact that this game is in the Swamp leads me to...

Florida- 34
    LSU- 27

This Week's SEC Standings:
    [​IMG]

11. AJ Hart MN

Big week for the Gators.. If we come away unscathed, we should be looking very good.

12. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

[​IMG]

The biggest news around the ACC isn't what the user teams have done, but the CPU teams. Most of which Florida State. The Seminoles aided by superhuman coaching and execution have beaten: Boston College and Miami in back to back weeks since our last update. Outside of Virginia Tech, they are the only other team unbeaten in Conference play. Something has to give here if we dont want to see a CPU team in the Conference Championship.

[​IMG]

5-0 (3-0)
    The Hokies continue to roll along. Their most recent win over North Carolina was one of their closes all season as they squeaked out a 5 point victory. Their two back offense of HB David Wilson and Tony Gregory have combined for 800 yards and 11 TD. MLB Quillie Odom has been playing inspired ball, and currently has 24 tackles (5 for loss), 1 INT, 1 sack and 2 Forced Fumbles.​
    In recruiting news they have not had any significant recruits the last few weeks, and are working hard on landing some guys.​
    Up next, it's the aforementioned Florida State Seminoles in a huge game in which the entire ACC will be watching. Someone has to lose, and I sure as hell hope it's the Seminoles.​
    [​IMG]
    3-2 (2-1)
    Clemson nearly snatched victory from the Jaws of Defeat in Week 4 against Boston College. But a 14 point 4th quarter was not enough as they fell 24-31. They were on a mission the following week as they destroyed Wake Forest: 51-16. QB Kyle Parker needs to protect the ball better. He's thrown for 1300+ yards with 7 TD. But he has 5 INT to go with it. CB Darius Robinson has been on fire, and already has 3 INT this season. He's certainly a player to watch for All-ACC All American.​

In recruiting news they haven't had any huge signings, but :3stars:TE Damon Harris a 6'6" 240 pounder out of St. Simons, Georgia will probably have an impact on the team in the future. He's a really big guy, and will make an easy target for whoever is quarterbacking the team when he debuts.​
    Up next for the Tigers is the NC State Wolfpack. A team they should beat pretty easily and improve to 3-1 in conference.​
    [​IMG]
    5-1 (3-1)
    The biggest news out of Boston College was their heartbreaking loss to Florida State. With no time left on the clock, they completed a 52 yard Hail Mary to force Overtime. They would win OT with a TD pass out of the backfield to FB Lonnie Pryor. QB Mike Marscovetra is having a career year, and could possibly end up in Heisman talks. He's thrown 12 TD to only 3 INT and 1400 yards. On defense MLB Luke Kuechly is one of the best defensive players in the ACC. He has twice as many tackles (36) as the next guy on the team. He's got 2 sacks, an INT and 2 Forced Fumbles.​
    :4stars:WR Chris Ralph was a huge commit for the Eagles. He's not overly big, but he has great hands and runs a 4.42 fourty. Which scouts estimate as B+ or A- speed.​
    The Eagles have a pretty easy game next week against Wake Forest, but then it's undefeated Virginia Tech. Neither team can look ahead though, as any team is capable of pulling the upset.​
    [​IMG]
    3-2 (0-2)
    The "U" stands for underachievers as the Hurricanes are now 0-2 in conference play. Highlighted by an embarassing home loss with over a dozen recruits in attendance against arch-rival Florida State. The sad part about this loss, was that confidence was sky high after a huge win over Nebraska and even with 1 loss, the 'Canes were ranked #6 in the country. WR Tommy Streeter is playing exceptionally well in his first season as a first team starter, with 541 receiving yards and 4 TD. DE Olivier Vernon has been playing well of late and leads the team with 4 sacks.​
    In recruiting news, the Canes grabbed one of the Top 150 players in the country: :4stars:WR Paul Allen. A 6'1" with a large 199 pound frame, who is tough (B+ catch in traffic) and good speed which scouts rate at B+.​
    Expect the Canes to jump up in the polls as the next 4 weeks should all be easy victories: Duke, Virginia, Georgia Tech and UNC all await their beating. The Canes are not happy, and look to take it out on their opponents.​
    Top Players of Week 5:
    Offense:
    [​IMG]
    HB David Wilson (Virginia Tech): 20 carries, 198 yards 2TD
    Defense:
    (No Image)

DT Antoine Hopkins (Virginia Tech): 9 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 Forced Fumble
    ACC Standings:
    [​IMG]

13. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

Virginia Tech Wins Tough Road Game

VT 35 UNC 30

Turnovers plagued the Virginia Tech Offense and ultimately kept the Tar Heels in the game for most of the way. "The ACC is not an easy conference to go on the road and come away with easy victories. We had to work for this one, but notch another in the win column." said D-Coordinator Bud Norris.

Freshman Receiver Brian Hall had a big 80-yard catch and run right before halftime to give the Hokies the lead heading into the locker room. It marks the second week in a row that the Hokies had an offensive play go for 80 yards.

The Defense has had a tough time with the running game the past two weeks, but looks to improve with the looming game against Florida State at home.

Tech knows how good the Seminole team that comes to Lane Stadium is as they have taken out three user teams already this season. "We will be ready, Guranteed." said star Running Back David Wilson.

On flying under the radar in the National Polls: "You know we see it, we get press clippings every week on what is written about our team. It is just motivation because we know what we can do as a football team and where we deserve to be ranked. It is bothersome that all these one-loss teams are ranked ahead of us, but all that matters is where we are at the end of the season. The ACC is too tough to get caught up in rankings and all that, we will earn our respect by the season's end and that is all we care about." said senior Wide Receiver Xavier Boyce.

14. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Sorry for the delay on this. We move so damn fast, and missed went thru 2 weeks before I had time to do it :(

15. mboda

mboda Walk On

Great job man. Nice touch adding the recruits too.

:4stars:WR Chris Ralph is probably the best recruit ive gotten in my 3 years at BC.

16. mboda

mboda Walk On

Boston College 45
    Ole Miss 14
    Boston College has their way with Ole Miss in a 45-14 dominating victory. In the first half BC's offense was unstoppable leading to a 31-0 halftime lead. BC QB Mike Marscovetra was almost perfect on the day going 18-21 for 304 yards and 4 TD's. He did a nice job getting everybody catches also as 5 receivers had at least 3 catches. RB's Rolandan Finch and Shane Hall had decent games as they combined for 27 carries for 135 yards and 2 TD's.

Next week BC goes on the road to take on Wake Forest,

17. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Beat TCU 44-42 on a last second FG. Kind of the polar opposite to the game last week which I won 17-14. Lattimore struggled on the ground and could only get 64 yards so I had to drop back and throw a lot. Clifford ended up with 251 yards and 4 TDs. Also, turnovers nearly killed me. I think I gave them a 4 yard and 10 yard field after turnovers.

And jeez the CPU is tough. So far I beat ECU handily, beat UGA by 4, beat Vandy by 3, and now TCU by 2.

18. SodaAddict

Clemson spent this week licking their wounds after starting the season a disappointing 3-2.

They will have to avoid overlooking NC State next week on route to a big showdown with Virginia Tech in two weekends.

Looking forward, following the Virginia Tech game, Clemson plays less than stellar Georgia Tech and Duke squads before its murder's row of opponents to close out the season.

The last 3 Opponents, in order, for Clemson are Florida State, USC, and South Carolina, who have 0 losses between them to this point.

19. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

Good job, pagamer. I'm loving this thread, it really keeps me updated on all the going on's in the ACC.

Looking forward to getting to my User Games.

20. SodaAddict

Yup, the conference threads are very awesome. I appreciate you guys doing that very much. It gives me time to do the preview show and the evaluations and such.

21. SodaAddict

This week we have two user games between conference foes.

Texas vs Oklahoma

The first user game this week is the famous Red River Rivalry between Texas and Oklahoma.

Each of the teams comes in to the game with a loss and they will both be hoping to keep National Championship hopes alive in what has been a wacky start to the 2012 season.

Texas coach ctvolfan, whose interviews are always enlightening, had this to say in his interview this week: "This season so far has gone very well. However we still have a lot of work to do. That lose to Alabama still lingers in my mind of what could have been. Nothing we can do now but move forward and prepare every week like it is our last.

I am not one to make predictions on wins and losses, but I can say that I believe we will be in the mix to compete for the Big 12 championship with an opportunity to make a BCS bowl game. These next two games on our schedule will tell us a lot about this team and the direction we take for the rest of the season.

If for some reason we do not make or win the Big 12 this year I look for a team like Oklahoma who has tons of talent on both sides of the ball to be right there come seasons end.

Boy this has been a fun week of preparation. You can feel the energy across campus from the fans to the players to alumni making the trip to Dallas for the game. The team seems focused and I look for a hard fought ball game from both sides.

This week during practice we have hit on a few key things that we believe will make a big difference come Saturday. One being the pass rush. We have gotten great pressure all season long and we need to get pressure on OU's quarterback Drew Allen. He is putting up big numbers and we need to rattle him to make a difference. Secondly, the secondary is going to have to be ready for another big game. Coming off a 4 int performance versus Baylor they seem to be feeling good. DeJuan Miller and Justin McCay are big time recievers who make big plays in big games. We are going to have to play as a unit back there to stop these guys.

On offense Tre Newton is having a phenominal year, if he can stay healthy he will continue that. We need a big game out of him to take pressure off of the passing game.
    Defensively, Kenny Smith our top CB is going to have to step up and have a huge game stopping these top notch wide receivers.

The red river rivalry is a huge game with championship implications writin all over it. These game will come down to turnovers and time of possesion. I believe our boys are ready to play. See ya Saturday. Go Horns!!"

Oklahoma's new head coach is still trying to get acquainted with the responsibilities of being a head coach after being promoted from Offensive Coordinator. As such, coach T Bird8329 did not have too much to say in his interview this week. But, nevertheless, he gave us a few minutes of his time to throw in a word or two: "We are happy to take over a very talented team that has some quality wins and our only loss to the number 1 ranked team in the nation...most important is we control our own destiny...the sky is still the limit so we feel good about that.

With out a doubt we expect to contend for the conference title and a major bowl....anything short of that would be a huge disappointment. If its not us, I'd bet on Texas. They seem to be loaded with talent, and have won some big games already."

This one is always hard to call, as both teams are just consistently loaded with talent. I'm gonna flip an imaginary coin and call this one.

My Prediction: Texas 30 - Oklahoma 28

------------------------------------------

Florida vs LSU

Still to come?

22. SodaAddict

Passing Stats

Name Position Team Att Comp Int TDs Yards
    McCarron, AJ QB Alabama 90 44 5 7 1015
    Foster, Anthony QB Alabama 10 4 0 0 66
    Lacy, Eddie HB Alabama 3 3 0 0 -6
    Marscovetra, Mike QB Boston College 171 99 3 12 1464