Week 6 Cowboys(34) Vs Redskins(20)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by wajomatik, May 29, 2010.

1. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Week 6 Cowboys(34) Vs Redskins(20)

Dallas Cruises To Victory Despite Romo’s 5INT
    [​IMG]
    The Redskins came into Dallas looking for revenge from their week 2 loss at the hands of the Cowboys but they would find no such revenge in Big D. The Dallas defense played phenomenal again forcing 4 interceptions and 4 sacks, while holding Washington’s rushing attack to only 55 yards. Tony Romo played well through 1 quarter but turned into an interception machine throwing 5 picks and 1 TD. Marion Barber had an amazing day on the ground as well rushing for 151 yards on 22 carries.

Cowboys received the ball to open the game and quickly found the end zone as Barber broke a 51 yard run and took it to the house. The first Skins possession ended quickly on a 3 and out giving the Cowboys the ball right back. Dallas was unable to capitalize being forced to punt. Washington would put a promising drive together but would stall resulting in a FG making it 7-3 at the end of the 1st. Dallas would only be able to come away with a FG on their next possession after stalling out on Washington’s 38. Washington, knowing this was their chance to take control of the game, came out firing some aggressive passes but Campbell would throw his first INT of the day as Mike Jenkins took it in for a TD. Washington would manage one more FG before half making it 17-6.
    [​IMG]
    The Redskins looked to turn their fortunes around after receiving the ball to open the second half but would be held to another 3 and out. Dallas would score the only points of the half on a 54 yard Buehler FG as both teams traded multiple interceptions. Washington seemed to finally find their grove as they would score their first TD of the day early in the 4th on a 48 yard Campbell to Moss TD making it 20-13. But Dallas answered right back with a nice drive of their own highlighted by some physical running by Barber, scoring as Romo hit Tashard Choice in the flat for a 16 yard TD making it 27-13. The Redskins knowing that this was the last chance to stay in the game would come out strong only to throw a pick 6 as Terence Newman scored his 3rd TD of the year off an interception making it 34-13. The Redskins would put one more TD on the boards but were unable to come up with a stop as Dallas ran out the final minutes of the game.

Tony Romo after the game “You know I wish I could stand up here and tell you that I led this team to a 4-1 start but it hasn’t been me. Our defense is the reason we have been able to get off to a good start. Without those guys doing what they are doing we would be dead in the water. I have got to start playing better and being smarter with my decisions on the field. We have a tough game this next week against a team that can get it done on offense and defense, and in order to have a chance I have to play better. Plain and simple I can’t put our team in a bad position against a good team.â€
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Key Stats
    T. Romo 13-22 158YRDS 5INT 1TD
    M. Barber 22ATT 153YRDS 1TD
    R. Williams 3REC 41YRDS
    Dallas Defense 4SCK 4INT

J. Campbell 17-32 278YRDS 4INT 2TD
    J. Davis 7ATT 37YRDS
    S. Moss 6REC 128YRDS 2TD
    Washington Defense 1FFR 5INT 1SCK

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Good Win..My game is lackluster right now to say the least. I need to get back into the swing of things ASAP if I want to 3-Peat.

But if I remeber correctly, I started out Year 2 in much the same way I have started out this year. And we all know how Year 2 ended up for me.

3. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Yeah GG Jeremy. Im sure you'll be picking up plenty of wins the rest of the way, I just had some really good games against you this year.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

wow, i'll give it to you wajomatik, your rolling man. props from me's