Week 6: Detroit(27) Philly(17)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Moogle06, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Moogle06

Moogle06 Walk On

Week 6: Detroit(27) Philly(17)

Lion's Break Losing Streak!

[​IMG]

The Lions came into Philadelphia knowing this was going to be a tough battle as they were given the task of stopping one of the best quarterbacks in the league. They didn't dissapoint as they held Manning to only 1 touchdown pass and 2 interceptions, both by Louis Delmas. The Lions tried to run a balanced offense but ended up throwing it twice the amount of times that they ran it.

[​IMG]
    Manning had a tough game today as he tossed 2 ints compared to 1 touchdown.

The game started off with a scoreless first quarter as the Lions gave up a field goal for a chance to score a touchdown from the 9 yard line. Unfortunately the pass was deflected off Pettigrew's helmet before reaching a open Calvin Johnson. The Eagles couldn't get much going either as they went three and out on their first drive and then had a drive end with an interception. This set up the Lions to score their first TD of the game at the start of the second quarter. Once the Lions got the lead they held onto it for the rest of the game.

[​IMG]
    The nail in the coffin came in the fourth quarter when Kevin Smith broke a tackle on a toss and ran it in to make the score 27-10.

MVP:
    Louis Delmas: 4 tckles 2 ints 1 FF

Lions:
    Matt Stafford: 20-34 202 yds 2TDs 1 int
    Kevin Smith: 9 att 37 yds 1TD
    Reggie Wayne: 7 recs 75 yds 1TD
    Calvin Johnson: 6 recs 59yds

Eagles:
    Peyton Manning: 16-27 211 yds 1TD 2ints
    Reggie Bush: 15 att 46 yds
    Pierre Garcon: 3 recs 19yds 1TD
    Toliver: 3 recs 63 yds

GG VishaL GL the rest of the year.

2. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

Good Game Moogle, Great Defense

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

WoW! This is the upset of the year so far!

4. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

So jealous... Use my Lions with pride...

Good stuff man

5. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

Moogle will turn heads this year, even tho they was 0-5 i fully except them to win the division this year, also you got ya payback from the playoffs last year, GL rest of the year

6. Moogle06

Moogle06 Walk On

Was a good close game. Had I lost that fumble off the first play of the game I think I probably would of lost. Guess thats the Lions for you, always finding a way to lose.

Once your offense got going though it was pretty hard to stop it, I'm just lucky I managed to cut your drives short. Good luck the rest of the year and I hope we meet again for round 3 in the playoffs.