Week 6 Game Summaries(2011)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bulldog, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Post theme here.

2. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Clemson gets back on track...crushed BC 38-7

Again, the game started as a defensive struggle as the first Td didn't occur until FB Chad Diehl ran it in from 1 yd out to give Clemson a 7-0 lead. BC tied it up quickly and then came the game-changing play. After throwing a quick pass to TE Chad Allen with 1 second left, Tahj Boyd heaved a hail mary to the end zone and it was caught by freshman standout Sammy Watkins.
    In the second half, Clemson poured it on with 3 quick TDs within 3 minutes to put the game out of reach.
    The win gets Clemson back on track at 3-3.

On a side note, I noticed again there is a glitch at times when you run the option when the CB or safety just stands there and did nothing. I ran it once for a long TD and then stopped cause I felt bad, but I like running it occassionally. Has any one else had this issue come up?

3. sonn

sonn Walk On

FSU continues disappointing season with 12-7 win over Wake Forest​

It should have been an game where FSU got out to a big lead subbed in the backups and cruised to an easy victory but it was anything but. EJ Manuel continued his horrrible season going 10/21 for 81 yards and an interception but it wasn't all his fault (just 75%). Manuel did miss open WRs by underthrowing them at least a couple of times and when he did throw an accurate ball his WR's seemed to be plagued by the dropsies. The only reliable target this season has been TE Beau Reliford and he can't carry the passing attack by himself. Chris Thompson scored the only touchdown in the game on a 19 yard run in the 3rd quarter. Kicker Dustin Hopkins then decided to joined in this mess of a season by clanking an extra point off the goal post in the 3rd quarter.​

The defense was dominate as they held the Demon Deacons to just 99 yards of total offense and forcing Tanner Price to just 51 yards on 8/20 passing with an interception. The only score they gave up occurred after Chris Thompson decided to make things interesting by muffing a punt inside the 15 yard line.​

4. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

[​IMG]14
    #11 [​IMG] 38

Vanderbilt Commodores Leaders:
    Passing: Larry Smith 14 for 39 222 YDS 1 TD 1 INT​
    Rushing: Larry Smith 9 ATT 26 YDS​
    Receiving: Jordan Matthews 2 REC 58 YDS​
    Defense: Sean Richardson 1 TOT TACK 1 INT​

Alabama Crimson Tide Leaders:
    Passing: A.J. McCarron 8 for 25 193 YDS 3 TDS 3 INTS​
    Rushing: Eddie Lacy 19 ATT 231 YDS 2 TDS​
    Receiving: Brent Calloway 1 REC 76 YDS 1 TD​
    Defense: DeQuan Menzie 4 TOT TACK​

5. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Highlights are on the wire!
    #9[​IMG][​IMG]
    Dawgs 4-0 in SEC!
    slideshow_1310059_181703_Georgia_Tennessee_Fo.JPG

It was another close one this week but in the SEC just about all games are close. We started off bad REALLY bad, Aaron Murray threw to interceptions to start the 1st quarter both of which ended up putting points on the board. We didn't let that bother us though. we kept fighting and pretty much dominated the second half of play to get the win over the Vols 24-14. Aaron Murray had only 102 yards, 3 interceptions and only completed 5 out of 16 passes. The running game wasn't much better, Isaiah Crowell had 66 yards on 19 carries and 1 TD. On defense MLB Christian Robinson had a pick 6 and 3 total tackles.
    In the 1st quarter Aaron Murray had a rough start throwing 2 interceptions both of which Tennessee ended up scoring on. We only had 3 points in the 1st quarter and that was a 44 yard FG made by Blair Walsh.
    In the 2nd quarter we turned up the heat and scored 11 points. The first score was another Blair Walsh FG that was made from 36 yards out. The second core was a 1 yard rush from Isaiah Crowell.
    In the 3rd quarter we came out fired up after stopping the Vols on defense to start the 3rd quarter. It took us a while to get the ball in the 3rd because Tennessee kept converting 3rd downs but we ended up stopping them deep in our own territory and they tried a short FG but missed wide left. We never got anything going on offense much and the score was a 41 yard interception returned by MLB Christian Robinson to put the Dawgs up 21-14 with 2:09 left in the 3rd quarter. The last points put up on the board came with 0:02 left on the clock, it was a FG by Blair Walsh to put the Dawgs up 24-14 and that would be the final score.
    In the 4th quarter Tennessee tried to get something going but the Dawgs defense just shut them down and we jut chewed the clock out for the victory.
    Overall im happy that we got the win but we are going to have to play better if we are going to beat Florida and Auburn later in the season. Next week we travel to Nashville, Tennessee to play Vandy.
    wk6 yr1 sb.PNG wk6 yr1 ts.PNG

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]
    Miami Special Teams are well Special!
    [​IMG]
    Travis Benjamin had a 2 TD's today both at pivotal times in the game one a 22 yard reception with the game tied in the 2nd qtr 3-3 and the second a 95 yard kickoff return after the Hokies had gotten back into the game 13-10 in the 3rd. "That return was huge. Lane Stadium was LOUD I couldn't here my OC in the booth the whole 3rd qtr he had to come down to the sidelines. The Fans were amped up." said Coach York after the game. Along with Benjamins special teams play they got 3 FG from JR K Jake Wieclaw the longest a 41 yarder in the fourth to make it a 23-17 game with under 6 min to play in the 4th. Eduardo Clements capped off a good night by scoring on a late drive to seal the win for the Canes. Clements and Mike James combined for 250 yards on the ground on 33 carries. That pails in comparison to Tech RB David Wilson who had 16 carries for 205 yards and 2 TD's. "We knew Wilson was good so we wanted to shorten the game for them we pounded the ball Jacory did what he had to do to get 1st downs and the Backs got some good yards to keep drives alive. I think we held the ball for over 20 min to their 10. That was the game plan we got points when we could other than Jacory's pick in the endzone we didn't turn the ball over. I am proud of these guys they have a goal to get to the ACC championship game and sitting a 2-0 in the ACC we feel good about that. I mean we have beat the #5,#2 and now #5 teams in the country. A lot of people did not expect this. We gotta take care of a good UNC team next week and get back home. We have been on the road a lot this young season." said Coach York.

[​IMG]

7. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

The #1 team in the country traveled to Fayeteville, Ark on Saturday to face the new #2 Arkansas Razorbacks.​
    The high powered offense of Arkansas came in to this game red hot and ready to score as much as needed​
    to knock off the #1 team in the land.​

With the offense of Arkansas getting all the love coming into the game it was both teams defenses that came​
    out ready to play. Both teams only put up 3 points in the first have which is seen as a victory for the Auburn defense.​
    Auburn finally put together a respectable drive in the 3rd quarter capped off with a Clint Moseley 9 yard td rush.​
    Arkansas answered back with a 40 yard td pass Jarius Wright in what I figured would awake the beast that is​
    Arky's offense. The Auburn O took the field and Moseley hit Stallworth for a 56 yard td pass to give them the lead 17-10.​

The Auburn defense sealed the game with tremendous pressure sacking Tyler Wilson on his final 3 pass attempts.​

Auburn.jpg

Up Next: SEC east foe Florida travels to the plains to take on #1 Auburn​

8. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

WTF sonn...you play like dogshit against these bum ass teams and then throw the ball over the field against me? Damn I really suck

9. sonn

sonn Walk On

That's because I sent hookers to the Clemson player's dorms the night before the game, I didn't think I had to do that for the Wake game.

10. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

That does explain a lot...a lot of my guys had glitter all over them when they showed up at the stadium. Hope they had a hell of a time and double-wrapped it up or else it wasn't worth it

11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Gators Roast 'Em

Undefeated Florida is celebrating following with a 45-7 thrashing of LSU!

Capture.PNG

Florida once again flaunts its defensive dominance and shows why it has the #1 defense in the country by taking down #15 ranked LSU Tigers. The Gators were able to hold LSU to under 300 total yards, and Jeff Demps had an amazing day, putting up 249 yards on 21 carries and 2 td.

12. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

I hate your defense by the way. Just filthy.

13. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I played this game Saturday morning but didn't have time for a write up.

Kansas 32
    Texas Tech 25

Meachem (QB)- 7-15 for 164 yards, TD, 8 carries for 23 yards
    Webb (QB)- 3-12 for 60 yards
    Sims (HB)- 28 carries for 181 yards, TD
    Pick (WR)- 3 receptions for 71 yards
    Patterson (WR)- 3 receptions for 46 yards, TD, 14 yard TD run

14. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

the only reason they scored was because I had to sim the last qtr to play a user game in the experience, which I was able to get another user game shutout. That makes 2 in a row, I bet that has never happened on TSO before

15. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Kansas 58
    OK State 22

Kansas came out of the gates clicking on all cylinders and after an explosion of points, KU led 44-22 at halftime. The scoring slowed down significantly in the 2nd half, as Kansas’s defense stepped up and KU outscored OK State 14-0 in the 2nd half. Kansas is in the middle of a QB controversy as starter Jordan Webb went 10-21 for 129 yards, 3 TD, and a pick and backup Quint Meachem went 5-8 for 135 yards and 2 scores before getting injured. Kansas was able to hold Justin Blackmon to 63 yards.

Quint Meachem (QB)- 5-8 for 135 yards, 2 TD
    Jordan Webb (QB)- 10-21 for 129 yards, 3 TD, INT
    James Sims (HB)- 12 carries for 86 yards, TD
    Darrian Miller (HB)- 6 carries for 27 yards, 20 yard TD reception

DJ Beshears (WR)- 2 receptions for 84 yards, TD
    Chris Omigie (WR)- 4 receptions for 64 yards, TD

Daymond Patterson (WR)- 3 receptions for 32 yards, TD, KR TD
    John Williams (DT)- 4 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 sacks, FR, TD