Week 6 Game Summaries (2015)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kapono, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Kansas 31
    Texas 23

Kansas was able to hold off a late comeback by Texas in the 4th quarter and their defense really stepped up. Kansas dominated Texas's offense most of the game, but they had 2 huge plays of batted passes that enabled them to score some points. Kansas's offense looked good, but they'll need a better rushing attack to keep teams honest.

Kansas took a 21-10 lead at half and got the ball 1st in the 2nd half, but the game was far from over. After a very nice Texas TD pass, Jimmy Washington took the kickoff 105 yards for the score by using i nice spin move in traffic. KU added a field goal on the 1st play of the 4th quarter to go up 14, but Texas scored easily on their next possession. Thankfully, Jacorey Shepard blocked the extra point, giving Kansas an 8 point lead, and the defense did the rest to win a huge game at Texas.

Mike Cummings (QB)- 16-29 for 302 yards, 3 TD, INT
    Marcello Wilson (HB)- 18 carries for 68 yards, 48-yard TD reception
    Reggie Daniels (WR)- 4 receptions for 103 yards, TD
    Marquis Jackson (WR)- 5 receptions for 76 yards

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Looks like a good one. How did the sliders play?

3. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Alabama 34
    Florida 0

Alabama's defense stuffed Florida's option game, holding Florida to a measly 92 yards of offense and did not allow them to move past their own 30 yard line and to only six first downs. Alabama got going out of the gates fast with a 32 YD pass from G. Palmer to B. Sylve to go up 7-0. Alabama would settle for two FG's in the second quarter and would head into halftime with a 13-0 lead. Alabama would drive down the field on their first possession of the second half and score from a YD out with a rush by T. Henry to put Alabama up 20-0. Alabama would connect with the endzone two more times, once from 13 YD's out with a rush by C. Evans and another one from a YD out by J. Hayden.

Geremy Palmer (QB) - 11 for 19 152 YDS 1 TD 3 INTS
    Craig Evans (HB) - 32 ATT 182 YDS 5.6 AVG 1 TD
    Eric Shaffer (TE) - 5 REC 49 YDS 9.8 AVG
    Bradley Sylve (WR) - 4 REC 77 YDS 19.2 AVG 1 TD

4. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I liked them. The same we use in AM right?

Looking at Bama kill Florida though...geeze stiff got a shutout?

5. Quattro

[​IMG]

6. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Auburn - 50
    Vandy - 7

Absolute blowout, Vandy didn't score until late 4th quarter, and looked terrible throughout most of the game. Auburn racked up 273 yards rushing and added five touchdowns on the ground.

Stats

Passing
    K. Frazier - 9/19, 91 yds, 0 TD/0 INT

Rushing
    M. Blakely - 16 att, 166 yds, 3 TD
    J. Singleton - 3 att, 29 yds, TD

7. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Yeah i don't know how stiff beat them that bad but yes they are the exact same as AM.

8. Quattro

I pretty much stuffed their run game and put them into 3rd and longs sat in a nickle 3-3-5 coverage but I was surprised I beat them that bad.

9. sonn

sonn Walk On

FSU defense shines in 35-0 victory over Virginia​
    Virginia had 2 turnovers in their first 2 plays from scrimmage which set the tone for the rest of the game as Florida State coasted to an easy victory. The Cavaliers could not get anything going on offense and were limited to just 183 total yards. Redshirt freshman RB Wesley White had a great game rushing for 133 yards and 2 touchdowns.​
    FSU Key Player​
    RB Wesley White 15 Carries 133 Yards 2 TD​

10. jandy

jandy Walk On

#4 Oklahoma 52​
    Oklahoma State 48​
    Oklahoma survived a scare in this one, and was able to pull out a win despite OSU HB Herschel Sims running for 272 yards and 3 TD. The OU offense played great, passing for 210 yards and rushing for 267. The Sooners found themselves trailing 31-17 with 5:19 left in the second quarter, and were struggling to get things going on offense. This is where the running game really picked it up, and Oklahoma was able to pull to within 7 going into halftime. After only one score, a touchdown by Ok State, in the third, the score sat at 38-24, and things looked bleak for the Sooners. However, OU buckled down on defense, and stormed back and took the lead, 45-41, with 4:33 remaining. The Cowboys then drove down the field and punched it in to take the lead by 3.​
    At this point, the Sooners found themselves against the ropes and had to kick a field goal to tie. Following a long drive, OU was in the red zone with enough time for one, maybe two plays. This is where QB Kyle Richardson found WR Mark Poole on an out route to the sideline, and he dove in for the winning touchdown with :06 left.​

11. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

TCU 14
    SMU 10

A bit of a snoozer between the old Southwest Conference Rivals. Both teams tried to establish the run early, with neither finding too much success. SMU would get the first crack at the endzone, but would settle for a FG despite having a first and goal from the 2. TCU would finally get on the board after an INT set them up with a short field. It was fullback Jeff Weber who would find the paint, giving TCU a 7-3 halftime lead. The first drive of the 3rd quarter would see TCU score a decisive TD on a playaction rollout from just 4 yards out, as Jack King found his tight end Black Brown for the score. SMU would cut into the lead with just over a minute left in the 3rd, but could do no more as TCU kept it conservative and let their defense do the work.

TCU
    Jack King; 8 of 17, 108 yards, 1 TD
    Heath Noel; 19 carries, 111 yards
    Walter Brooks; 13 carries, 71 yards
    Blake Brown; 3 catches, 50 yards, 1 TD

SMU
    Conner Preston; 12 of 26, 172 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
    Terrence Magee; 15 carries, 89 yards
    Brandon Jenkins; 5 catches, 100 yards

On a side note, I wasn't sure during the game and didn't have my laptop handy, but upon further review, there's this in the league rules.
    "I am putting an official ban on using the right-most defensive tackle in a 4 down lineman set on defense. After years of evidence, there is clearly an issue with the right guard in terms of blocking. It does not appear that this issue extends to the left side of the line, and does not appear to be as extreme in 3 down lineman sets - hence the specifics of this limitation.
    So again - when in a 4+ down lineman set (4-3, 4-2-5, Nickel, Dime, etc.), please refrain from using the right-most defensive tackle."

Big Hits:
    Can only be set to aggressive when opposing User is inside your 10-yard line. You can manually "Big Hit" or "Hit Stick" at your own discretion. Conservative can be used at your own discretion.

Strip Ball:
    Can only be set to aggressive when opposing User is inside your 10-yard line or you are down 17-points or more AFTER halftime. Conservative can be used at your own discretion.

I'm not sure if you had the hits and strip ball set to aggressive, it just seemed like there were a lot of those kinds of plays coming from the CPU defenders. But the DT thing is apparently a no-no, which I did see. And that nonsense with running your LB around until the snap isn't in the rules. It just looks silly...

12. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

as a sidenote, gameplay issues are best brought up in a PM with the commish and player in question. Less drama that way lol

13. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Sorry, shoulda thought of that.