Week 6 Game Summaries, S1

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by a Robbed Lung, Aug 3, 2011.

1. a Robbed Lung

a Robbed Lung Legendary Veterans

Jun 4, 2011

UAB Dominates Mississippi State For First Win Of Season, 31-9.

UAB looked like a different team today. For this first time this season, UAB's defense actually showed up to the game, holding Mississippi State to a season low 9 points. QB Bryan Ellis also had a season first, completing an entire game without throwing an interception. MLB Marvin Burdette recorded a season high 13 tackles, and took out MSU's starting QB with a monstrous hit in the first quarter. "It feels great to finally get that first one out of the way. Hopefully we can continue this success and gain some momentum as we enter conference play. I am very happy with the way our team executed out there today, especially our D, they really played great out there. - Coach Rob Lung.

[​IMG] | 03 | 03 | 03 | 00 || 09
    [​IMG] | 07 | 14 | 07 | 03 || 31

QB Bryan Ellis – 16/25, 298 yds, 3 TD
    HB Pat Shed – 18 att, 36 yds
    WR Jay Williams – 4 rec, 97 yds, 1 TD
    MLB Marvin Burdette – 13 tkls [8 tfl], 1 ff
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Mar 12, 2011
    late start time and all I can say is I had a more then decent chance at winning this game but I made a bad play while setting up blocks on a punt and didnt think about the PR man fumbling. he did and it cost me any shot to win

Graham continues to get hurt at least twice per game and it really hurts me when i need a QB. I hate the feeling of having a terrible team yet thinking I can win. My defense played great until I started getting frustrated.

2-4. would like to win 6 total this year. its achievable. then i start brining in "my guys" and this school will turn around. expectations were low entering so I dont feel any pressure yet
  3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Jun 28, 2010
    UCF 29
    Marsh 13

Marshall came out of the gates hot and were outplaying UCF most of the first half despite 2 missed FG’s. Neither team score until UCF put in an easy 18-yard FG with 1:48 left. The Knights forced a safety and kicked a FG before half to take a 8-0 lead. After an early UCF TD in the 3rd quarter, Marshall stormed back to cut the lead to 15-13. UCF put in 2 scores to keep Marshall out of reach and won 29-13. The story of the game was the 8 sacks by UCF, which kept Marshall from ever taking a lead. Marshall QB AJ Graham was injured a few times which really hurt the Herd. UCF is now 5-0 and will have a big matchup with cross-conference foe SMU next week.

UCF Stats
    Jeff Godfrey (QB)- 9-19 for 169 yards, TD
    Brynn Harvey (HB)- 12 carries for 85 yards
    Marquee Williams (WR)- 2 receptions for 82 yards, TD
    Jordan Ozerities (CB)- 8 tackles, INT
    Victor Gray (DT)- 5 tackles, 3 sacks
    Kemal Ishmael (FS)- 4 tackles, INT
    Darius Nall (DE)- 6 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 sacks

Marshall Stats
    AJ Graham (QB)- 12-17 for 217 yards, TD, INT
    Tron Martinez (HB)- 10 carries for 26 yards, TD
    Kellen Harris (MLB)- 7 tackles, sack

Team Stats
    Stat Marshall UCF
    1st Downs 14 9
    Total Offense 300 274
    Pass Offense 240 169
    Run Offense 60 105
    Turnovers 3 0
  4. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Mar 14, 2011
    bring back the days of Chad Pennington and Randy Moss at Marshall!!!
  5. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Mar 14, 2011
    Rice 21 Memphis 35

Memphis' defense was the factor in this game. Memphis forced several early turnovers that allowed Memphis to jump out to a 28-7 lead. Rice battled back though in the second half however Memphis was able to score a TD midway through the 4th to put the game out of reach. Rhodes put up another 100 yard rushing game. Memphis' only TO came on a QB Scramble when the QB coughed up the ball.

Coach Noffke is 1 win away from his season goal to qualify for a bowl berth. However, if Coach Noffke can pull off 3 wins in his remaining 6 games he has a chance to be offered a great contract from Memphis.
  6. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Jul 10, 2010
    Thnx to everybody beating up on my alma mater I may get there sooner than anticipated lol
    • Like Like x 2
  7. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Jan 29, 2011
    HOUSTON 31

The Cougars pounded the ball all day long, and with the defense capitalizing on turnovers Houston was able to amass a sizable lead at halftime up 24-3. RB Beal was unstoppable, carrying the ball 20+ times for 125+ yards and 4 touchdowns. QB Case Keenum returned from injury and had some big completions to move the chains. ECU tacked on some late TDs, and made it interesting but was unable to seize opportunities to make a late comeback.

Houston gets back to a winning record improving to 3-2.
  8. DMan22

DMan22 Walk On

Mar 19, 2011
    Southern Miss was able to slow down the vaunted Navy option attack, as they were able to cruise to a 34-24 win to bring the Eagles back to .500 on the season. The Eagles amassed a 34-17 lead in a very offensive orinented first half, but a lone Navy TD in the 3rd Q proved to be the only scoring that either team could produce in the second half. Although both passing O's showed up to play, they struggled keeping the ball in their own teams hands, as both teams combined for 8 INT's in the game! The play of the game had to be the opening KO, when RB Lindley recieved the KO at the goalline and raced 100 yds to the hizzie!!

The win pushes Southern Miss to 3-3 (1-1) on the season. They have a bye week this upcoming week, and then C-USA leading SMU the following week.
  9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Dec 30, 2010
    We are allowed to pick any team in the ACC or SEC! If I get offered first I'm taking it before you lol
  10. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Jul 10, 2010
    Lmao well played sir!
    • Like Like x 1