Week 6 Game Summaries, S7

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by IrishBearcat, May 12, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

sixer mixer

2. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Week 6

UNM 7 - Air Force 45

Air Force came out mixing it up on the first few plays and on the 7th play of the game, QB Smith connected to WR Morris for 52 yards for a score to go up 7-0. Air Force would keep UNM in check going up 28-0 late into the 2nd quarter. UNM ran an amazing option pass and connected with their WR for 56 yards for their only score of the game. It was a great play call by UNM and the WR was wide open. RB Ralph was knocked out of the game for 2 weeks in the second quarter (better him than Barrett LOL).

Air Force played it conservative on offense in the 2nd half with FB Fisk playing significant time at HB. Air Force's defense took over in the second half forcing several turnovers and putting Air Force in great field position. Air Force held UNM to 163 total yards and forced 4 turnovers.

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

LEGGO!
    SDSU @ CSU!
    Rivalry!
    beautiful weather!
    drive by drive analysis

SDSU receives
    andrews makes a statement early with a long completion to carroll. two short runs but a pass knocked down on 4th set up a short punt out at the 10.

NEARLY an interception right out the gate but dropped. loss of 4 on the carry sets up a 3rd and long. and it falls incomplete.

starting at the 41, a short pass then Tate busts off a great run to get to the 23. negative pass and a short sack set up a 3rd and long. Andrews scrambles but cant pick up enough. 33 yard FG is good! 3-0

decent run but then a late throw is tipped and PICKED OFF by vaughn!

good run is negated by a short sack on the next play and the 3rd down pass is nearly intercepted. 42 yard FG is good! 6-0 aztecs

incompletion on 1st and a short pass on 2nd set up 3rd and manageable and they get JUST enough and it wraps up te 1st quarter. no yards on first and nearly an INT on 2nd. ward cant find anyone and takes it himself for the 1st. nearly a sack but the pass floats out. followed up by a screen for 10. Ward is hurt and in comes pittman... who runs of course. now marching towards the endzone. a TERRIBLE read on my part allows Pittman to walk past me into the endzone. 7-6 CSU.

Andrews hits Carroll on a long pass to start the drive followed up by a short run by tate. Banks takes an end around for a few to set up a 3rd and short that andrews takes himself. the playaction pass works and Everett is wide open past the defense for 6! 13-7 Aztecs

Wit Ward out 2 weeks, the game is in Pittman's hands. already carrying the ball 3 times before attempting his first pass that goes for 3. then an unexpected screen gets good yards. short plays move the sticks but use the clock. a LUCCCCCKKY pass somehow is thrown across pittmansbody, lofted into double coverage and its caught at the goal line to make it 14-13

halftime!

CSU receives
    I engaged 8 and his WR caught a quick pass, broke a tackle or 2 and was gone. poor playcalling. 21-13

I catch him in a blitz and Tate catches a screen for big yards. getting back some momentum, 2 plays later, Lewis catches s TD! I elect to go for the easy 1. 21-20 rams lead

1 play, 77 yard run around the edge untouched. 28-20

still not phased, I start marching again. Andrews finds a hole and gets a good scramble but a wide open overthrow it picked off. sad day

one play, 76 yard pass. 35-20

sacked on first down, short run and a bad throw knocked down. punt. all momentum gone

great defense, quick 3 and out!

as the 3rd Q rolls down, the aztecs fight back but an underthrow on a deep pass is intercepted to kill momentum again

starting the 4th, the Rams burn their 2nd TO. but another LUCKY catch goes all the way to score! 42-20 now

down 3 scores now, i wont quit. a quick drive marches down field but I make a poor throw and another INT inside the redzone. this game is a lost cause. :(

a 3 and out to get the ball back

deep completion on 1st down, scamble on the 2nd play and Anderson catches a TD on the next play with the 2. 42-28

kicking deep with a little over 2 min to go, its time for D. 3 yd run. TO. loss of 1. TO. loss of 4. TO. punt

but a deep incompletion and deep overthrow results in another INT. finally someone has rattled andrews this year.

CSU kneels to end it

note: I feel pittman didnt play good or bad. played inexperienced, made some good plays himself and made some lucky as hell plays that will exaggerate his stats big time. Cant say I was outplayed, just felt like things went way downhill as soon as his QB made the lucky throw to end the half. what should have been an INT and gave me a ton of momentum, then resulted in his offense killing my defense. tough loss

4. IrishBearcat

lol Oshiomogho is the only user who you can put in your backup, he goes 10/10, 279 yards, 4 touchdowns, and says he played okay! Learn to be a better sport man, Pittman outplayed your offense as a backup! He'd start at a lot of programs right now. GG though, my writeup is coming! :)

HUGE win considering we were "underdogs" even with our starter out for 3+ quarters. Big statement game.

5. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

this is what i meant...
    he went 10/10. 4 TDs.
    the 11 yard pass probably should have been intercepted, you said it yourself (-11)
    the 80 yard pass was on at least one missed tackle. probably should have been about a 20 yard grab. the pass itself was about 5 yards. good read by u on the blitz (-71)
    the 76 yard pass was his best pass but still needed a broken tackle. probably was about a 45 yard gain. (-102)
    the 83 yard TD in the 4th should never have been caught. the coverage was great. i know ive had it happen for me too but sometimes user catches make the defense go crazy and then its an easy score. assuming a ny normal situation its knocked down, its just an incompletion. (-185)

So in those 4 plays, they amounted for 250 of his 279 yards meaning he went 6/6 for 29 (under 5YPC) in the remaining passes which i dont remember enough to comment. If I give you the catches on 2 of those 4, but remove the extra play from the WR, that wipes out 185 of the 250 yards and ur QB would be 8/10 for 97 yards. The arguement is invailid because i understand if any one of those plays didnt occur, the rest of the game would have been very different. I fell behind, i had to push, and forced mistakes. Your defense played hella good! Andrews was rattled much of the game. this argument is more so to help you brag up your WRs then ur QB. the WRs (u included) are the ones who made the plays while my defense let them

and pittman isnt just a backup, hes just as good of a passer at ward and you already use him from time to time in certain situations. Andrews isnt my best QB either but it doesnt mean he cant put up big stats

6. IrishBearcat

Alright that wording makes sense. But the best quarterbacks aren't always the ones who can make amazing throws into tight windows. Pittman's presence on the field really slowed down Vaughn, at least that's what it felt like. It was a big reason I scored on that run because your safety flew over worried about pittman faking.

GG man, can't wait for next season.

7. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

i felt ashamed on that option keeper TD. i went 100% at the run not even considering option for a second. even though i can look back and know u had an extremely mobile QB in the game. but i still felt I was in the game until u started getting multiple deep plays. Ive always considered deep plays as blips in the radar. you cant depend on them to be there and you have to be able to live without them. I dont have much of a rushing attack (andrews even led my team this game for not the first time this year) but i rely on passing attack of around 10-30 yards. I dont get too many broken tackles from my WRs so they need to use routes and scheme to beat the coverage to get their TDs. i think at least 2 or 3 of my interceptions where when i pushed out of my comfort zone and andrews didnt make good plays.
    good to see my advice to start Dobz payed off at the worst tme

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG]

UNLV Come Through in the Clutch and Delivers Against Utah

Utah come over to Vegas for a date with the Rebels. Utah started the game hot. It felt like Utah could do whatever they wanted. "It was like they had known our defensive schemes and knew the timing precisely. It was unreal." Say Coach Beardown. "With everything going crazy on defense, we needed the offense to step up. They were very lack luster during the first half." UNLV put together a good drive and that lead to a score but it was 17-7 at half. Utah would put up a field goal and that's where things got crazy. UNLV went off for 14 unanswered. But that wasn't the story. "We had one shot. it all came down to one crucial play. "We had been working on a blitz play for the entire week. It is a scheme which we've never run before. I felt it definitely through Utah off. And we got a huge sack which lead to a 4th and 15. It was lucky but we got it. Utah had to go and we got a good stop." Says Coach Beardown. The game was very heart pounding. UNLV host the annual Brethren Bowl this week.

9. IrishBearcat

#17 COLORADO STATE 42
    #20 SAN DIEGO STATE 28

Colorado State really outplayed SDSU on both sides of the ball. SDSU had two early opportunities for touchdowns but were held to only two field goals. Rams QB Orlando Ward left the game early in the first quarter with an injury (Sprained elbow, out for 2 weeks). Backup QB Antonio would enter the game and take over. Pittman took an option read play for six after SDSU's SS Vaughn bit on the runningback fake. The aztecs would add another touchdown to make 7-13 SDSU, but Pittman would find WR Ryan Henderson with 8 seconds left in the half to take the lead going into halftime 14-13.

The Rams dominated the third quarter. WR Kyle Robinson hauled two touchdowns of 80 and 76 yards respectively. Vaughn was beat for a touchdown again after biting on the option read fake and going with the QB as RB Adam Robertson when for a 77 yard touchdown untouched. The Rams led 35-20 at the end of the third.

QB Pittman hit WR Pat Lambdin over the top for an 83 yard touchdown to end any hopes of a comeback to give the Rams a 42-20 lead. The Aztecs would add a touchdown in garbage time, and the Rams stunned their rival at home with a 42-28 blowout. Pittman ended the day 10/10, 279 yards passing, 4 tds, 0 ints, as well as 14 carries for 44 yards and 1 td.

10. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Wyoming 43 BYU 38

Good game all around played by both teams. Many of us had big plays that the audience loved. Wyoming came is as the underdogs yet again in this game and we weren't going to be looked down on. Wyoming came out and played a very strong game and kept it close all game. The play which nobody understood was BYU was on Wyoming's 1 yard line with 1 timeout left but they didn't call it and time ran out giving Wyoming the win. Wyoming was shocked yet happy for the win.