Week 6 Game Summaries, S8

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by IrishBearcat, Jun 2, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

get em done

2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

#17 COLORADO STATE 38
    #6 BOISE STATE 17

A game that started out very defensive with no teams scoring points in the first quarter. After throwing a stupid pick on a the very first offensive play for the game I got a stop. The offense setup a 50 yard field goal that was just short. Boise State was getting some decent chunks but was taking a lot of sacks and couldn't convert 3rd downs.

The Broncos added their first points with a field goal in the second quarter. Just before halftime QB Orlando Ward hit WR Justin Higdon for six to give the Rams a 7-3 lead at half.

The third quarter my team woke up. Hit WR Erik Barnes on a slant for a touchdown. Then Boise trade an option play and usering my impact OLB Jack Holmes I caught the pitch!!! I took it to the house for six and it was a sexy play. 21-3 CSU at the end of the third.

The fourth quarter was whacky as hell. We added a field goal after a pick to make it 24-3. Then BSU hit their WR #10 over the top for six. Shook my head at the defense, and they lined up for the onside kick. They recovered! :mad: They hit the same WR over the top for six on a 63 yard touchdown AGAIN :mad::mad::mad:

We recovered the second onside kick while it was 24-17 us. We pounded the ball and reserve RB Darius Horne added a 5 yard rushing touchdown with under a minute to go.

They hit that #10 WR Jeremy Roach on ANOHTER deep route. With 12 seconds left they hurried up and threw to the flats but my MLB Marques Wolfe picked it off and took it for six as time expired! Was cool to "recapture" my 21 score lead I saw evaporate so quickly.

Recruits were hopefully impressed. Need some to pull the trigger! (y)

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

who says kickers arent important! Bradley has been developing more and more each season and is now a senior and the best player on my team at 86 OVR. This was my starting QB 4 years ago for half the season! a career 131 passer rating and 7 TDs to only 3 INTs hes began to thrive as a kicker and has gotten better statistically each season. This game was his career best with 6 FGs in the books including two 50+. both were the only 2 50+ yarders in his 4 year career to make it through the uprights.

so the 6 kicks were 18 of the teams 25 points on the day and the other 7 came on a pass tipped away from my TE that one of my WRs caught ans was tackled into the endzone. My defense was tough all game. I had a few dropped interceptions but the TCU QB was held to 15/34 on the day and thats not easy. 8 passes defended on the day. Holman had a huge turnover when he intercepted a toss sweep pitch.

the win was the first in conference on the year and puts them into a position to play spoiler. With their chance at a conference title gone, putting some wins together in conference could really hurt other teams chances. Van is still 4 weeks away from potentially returning under center

4. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Wyoming 38 Northwestern 8

Pretty dominating game by Wyoming. Cade Juno had a great game throwing for over 300 yards and George Anderson, our White Pride running back has been injured for the rest of the season due to a broken collarbone :( but that didn't stop the Cowboys from rolling right on with a huge win. Wyoming just dominated Northwestern physically on both ends and came out with a huge win. Wyoming faces Air Force next week a huge game for Wyoming.