Week 6 is here

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by trutest, Sep 24, 2009.

1. trutest

trutest Walk On

Week 6 is here

We would've been on Week 6 yesterday but lack of communication between the Panthers and Redskins held us up a day.

Get your games in.

We ALMOST had an early advance.. well we did by 2 hrs!

***REMINDER, trade deadline is here. Get those last minute trades in for approval

2. trutest

trutest Walk On

3. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

as far as the new scheduling rule.... that honestly sounds a lil complicated. and doesnt that defeat the purpose of a.using these boards b. making aim a mandatory im for easy scheduling and c. defeating the purpose of even having a scheduling thread. Like it seems like ur reaching too much for people who are not putting forth the effort to schedule their games. its not that hard, contact on here and xbox live. i even give out my # to my opponent to text me when they are ready to play.

4. trutest

trutest Walk On

Stay tuned, I'm changing the messaging program to Windows Live Messenger instead of AIM. This is no longer mandatory, its there if you feel it will help in scheduling your game.

In a perfect world, everyone will use these boards as a means for scheduling their games but from experience we all know that doesn't happen. I can go on replacing owners until I find those that do but if all it takes is a few extra clicks to send a msg to an Xbox Live account, then why not do it?

If you schedule in the forums and Xbox live then you have nothing to worry about. I honestly think this is easier than turning on your Xbox and sending a msg.

For those that don't want to install and use Windows Live Messenger then don't do it, I don't care. I'm suggesting this to help us out as a league.

Just remember, 3 warnings and you're out.

And if its "too complicated" then I don't know what to tell you

5. trutest

trutest Walk On

In addition to the above, I'v realized that some of us come from two different worlds. By two different worlds I mean, "PC" and "Xbox 360".

I know a few of us come from PC Madden leagues and when you're in a PC Madden league, chances are you are on the PC alot. For us, its easy to swing by a forum and schedule our game or jump on a messaging program and send a msg.

Then we have those that are from the "Xbox 360 world". Those that never use a PC, don't have access to one, don't care for one, can't afford one, don't know how to use one!

I'll use a quote one of my close friends once told me.

"I come home from work, eat, chill with my Girl/Wife, then when I have time I get on the Xbox. I don't have time to do both (Xbox and PC)"

Xbox 360 users can NOW be successful in this league without having to tune into the forums every couple of days to schedule their game. Only thing their missing is the little things that make the league more enjoyable like "Player of the Week", "Injury Report", Power Rankings"

The new scheduling rule caters to both worlds and that is why I've made it mandatory.

Thanks for your time.

6. JB21

JB21 Walk On

hes trying to have everyone keep in touch instead of someone posting on a monday and the person posting on wed saying thursday at 6 is good and niether show up i dont think anything should be mandatory but we should still be able to keep in touch i have a tmobile g1 phone if i schedule a game and i have a game schedule for tuesday but cant make it atleast i can post thru my phone....not everyone here probably gets on the comp everyday i have my comp and xbox next to each other so extending my arm 5 inches over it not going to kill me we just all need to get on the same page and communicate im sure everyone wants to get their games in with in the 4 or 3 days we advance

7. trutest

trutest Walk On

damn that sig looks sexy! who made that?

8. JB21

JB21 Walk On

dont know but i want the cheerleader to be topless find that and put it on the sig thanks

9. trutest

trutest Walk On

are you CRAZY. If she even finds out I have her on a sig she can sue me for more money than I even have

10. JB21

JB21 Walk On

fine u want me to find u a vida guerra nude she cant sue u for that and i believe she has something matchin the vikings colors

11. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Meh, cheerleader, she cant even read, much less use a PC.

12. trutest

trutest Walk On

I'll teach her how for some ___

13. keithparker

keithparker Guest

Well I wasnt looking at her face

14. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

nah, dumb and easy is better.

15. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

no response from the broncos yet, i cant play till sunday night now..

16. CaddilacRockBox

CaddilacRockBox 3 Star Recruit

No response from Chicago either. About to copy post to XBL.

17. Hova

can i play cpu tonight?

18. score23

score23 Walk On

broncos were away. can go tonight after 800pm est

19. trutest

trutest Walk On

I've booted a few teams so that you guys can play CPU. If your opponent is no longer in the franchise then that's your hint to play CPU

20. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Still no scheduling response from GB for week 6.

21. trutest

trutest Walk On

u can play CPU now

22. CaddilacRockBox

CaddilacRockBox 3 Star Recruit

SlimAces75 and I are playing at 8ct. I would've played now, but I missed him by 16 minutes. Playing forum/xbl tag.

23. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

still waiting on the carolina kitties

24. Hova

im up in the 4th so i sim it, i take all my starters out, i manually remove merriman from the starting lineup yet he still gets hurt for 4 weeks, this game is bullshit

25. trutest

trutest Walk On

you have to play the CPU, deadline is at 10pm est