Week 6 is up

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bcduggan, Oct 7, 2010.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Week 6 is up

1 user game MTSU/Troy

Advance Saturday.

Thanks

2. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

just got smoked by 1-4 BYU...just a ridiculous game...my 88 accuracy QB was missing receivers all over the place...BYU QB running my LB's over...BYU RB just manhandling everybody...I dont know if its the sliders or what but we got creamed...I should be able to pass at will with QB and WR I have...the defense I can understand a little...I know I am hot because I got absolutely used by an inferior team...but it wasnt fun to have my QB who is an impact player go 22 for 51 while their 78 OVR QB with 83 ACC goes 72%....ugh!!!!!....thanks for letting me vent

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I am looking at tweaking the sliders and I really believe the last patch did more than what originally thought to what we are using.

These are sliders I am looking at. They are JerzeyReign's latest update with some explanations below. I have tried them and I like them, I need to do more testing with them and ask that everyone try them as well. Thanks.

Skill: Heisman
    Quarter Length: 7 minutes
    Game Speed: Slow
    Player Min. Speed Threshold: 0
    Home Field/Ice Kicker: On

User Slider CPU
    10 QB Accuracy 10
    100 Pass Block 50
    40 WR Catch 35
    100 RB Ability 100
    50 Run Block 50
    55 Pass Coverage 55
    50 Pass Rush 0
    100 Interceptions 100
    45 Rush Defense 55
    80 Tackling 80
    15 FG Power 15
    20 FG Accuracy 50
    50 Punt Power 50
    100 Punt Accuracy 100
    15 Kickoff Power 15

Explanations:

RB Ability: Sits high to allow backs to play to their full potential. Play with this slider yourself. Just because its at 100 doesn't mean your back is 100 in speed, it just means he's going to run to his potential instead of being dragged down by this slider. A power back will feel like a power back as you'll see him constantly push the pile. The computer back will also juke, spin and cutback more often.

Interceptions: Have you ever dropped a pick that you should of had? Well with this slider maxed you'll be more likely to pick that pass off instead of watching 5-6 of 'em drop off your secondary's hands. You won't intercept every ball thrown your way but with this slider maxed it erases that magic forcefield (yep, I'm one of those guys).

Human Pass Block/CPU Pass Rush: Honestly you can max the Human Pass Block slider (I'm actually going to move it there anyway) and keep the CPU at zero and CPU teams with a good defensive line will still put a bunch of pressure on you. With it maxed it allows you a second or two more on PA plays, something we all wish we had a little more time to do sometimes.

4. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

I would like to play with those sliders with one minor change...I feel if the defense is running 100 int I should have higher accuracy atleast to about 30 because we arent playing with the big schools like those guys do, our guys have accuracy issues with default sliders

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

mikedredd>noted....last game I played using these sliders was with a team that primarily ran most of game. Will try with passing teams tonight.

6. alemic

alemic Walk On

I just got smoked against San Jose State of all teams. I wish I could say it was just trying to get use to a new team but that was no where near the case. I threw (never thrown above 3 in a game before) 7 INT's thats right 7. Never have I played such a worse game. Going into halftime I was down 31-0 already. I was able to get some offense going but it always stalled inside the 20.

Nevada should of won this game, I just played poorly for who knows what reasons. I had the ball on the 1 yard line, 1st down. And could not punch the ball in on 4 tries.

We'll get them next week though