Week 6 Oakland Raiders vs Atlanta Falcons

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Kidofcrash23, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Aug 17, 2011
    Raiders End Two Game Losing Streak by Taking Down Falcons 33-20

The Raiders coming off a divisional loss against the Broncos and also riding a two game losing streak heading into the bye week. The Raiders looked to improve much of their defense, especially passing defense that has been giving up tons of yardage early in the season. While the Raider defense have a knack for turnovers, they had issues stopping drives on 3rd down and holding opponents out of the endzone, this week, they take on the high flying Falcons with Matt Ryan at the helm.

Things did not look good on the Raiders first possession as Mcfadden putting the ball on the ground while driving into Falcon Territory. McFadden has been having issues holding on the ball the last few games and it wasn't a good sign when he put the ball on the ground early on. Fortunately for the Raiders, Matt Shaugnessy came up with an interception of Matt Ryan to give the Raiders the ball back which they were able to take advantage striking first with a Janikowski FG. The Falcons however answered rather quickly driving down the field on a much maligned Raider defense through the Ryan to White connection. Falcons finished the drive with a TD to Julio Jones to put the Falcons up 7-3 which was beggining of the end for the Falcons right after.

Down 7-3, Mcfadden took over the 2nd quarter with the Raider offense taking advantage of Falcon turnovers. Mcfadden rumbled for almost 100 yards in the 1st half with two touch down runs. Through the running of Mcfadden and ints on Ryan, the Raider put up 24 points in the 2nd quarter alone to give the Raiders a 27-10 lead going into half.

In the 2nd half, the Falcons were able to take advantage of an interception of Palmer and put together a nice scoring drive to get the game within 10 on two occasions, but the ints by Ryan were killer with Ryan throwing 6 INTs to 1 TD and sacked three times. With the amount of turnovers, the Falcons failed to get under 10 points and the Raiders pulled away through the running of Mcfadden.

Falcons fall to 1-5 while the Raiders improve to 3-2.

gg Hokie Effect
  2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Jul 4, 2009
    Yep same song and dance for the Falcons. Can't stop anyone on defense. No pressure on the QB and RB's running through my D at ease. My "high powered" offense moves the ball but then Ryan throws another pick. Is it considered "cheese for me to throw 6 picks a game :confused: ???? I have trouble establishing a consistent running attack. Turner is rated 97ovr but trips over the field paint.....

That 1st round pick I traded to CalebMackie is looking like a very good deal for the 49ers.

gg Kid
    • Like Like x 1