Week 6: Panthers Shutout Browns to Move to 6-0

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by LtJustice, Feb 21, 2013.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

When Panthers GM LtJustice and head coach Jim Luby took over in Carolina prior to the 2012 season, after years together running the Cleveland Browns organization, they became immediately friendly with the new man calling the shots in Cleveland. The two teams have worked out numerous trades over the past 5 seasons, as the Panthers team has seen a steady influx of former Browns. The two teams finally got to face off on this rain soaked evening in Carolina and the Panthers defense shut down the high powered Browns offense on their way to a 21-0 victory.

One of the Panthers' most recent Cleveland acquisitions, safety TJ Ward, caused a huge 4th quarter turnover that put an end to a promising Browns drive. Early in the 4th the Browns had crossed midfield and could have cut the Panthers lead to one possession, when Ward laid a punishing hit on Browns halfback Pat Brassell to knock the ball out and give Carolina possession.

With the win the Panthers move to 6-0 on the season and next week will host the 2014 NFC Champion Chicago Bears.

--------------------------------------------------------

GG Michael! (Michael Overman)

Game Capture Note:
    I had some issues with my capture device in this one, as you can see some of the video jump or get distorted (the game audio was completely out of sync as well). Turns out that the extension cable I was using between the El Gato and my computer was too long. Initially I had tried an even longer one and the computer would not recognize the El Gato. Once I switched to the shorter (but still pretty long) one, the computer recognized it and appeared to be recording, but it must have been suffering some data loss in the transmission. I think I have got it figured out to where I have the extension long enough for my needs (my computer is not exactly right next to my PS3), but it doesn't cause any problems with the capture. I ended up using an active extension cable (that is powered) and it appears to be just what I needed. The added benefit is that I can unplug the extension from my computer and the El Gato is still powered, so I can leave it plugged in all of the time. Just thought I'd share my experiences, in case anyone else has a similar issue now or in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Hmmm funny you should mention that Jim, I have had issues with my last two recordings vs Cards and Jets. They both came out choppy and distorted mainly when I was trying to pull the plays from the video, Im almost done with both but thats what has taking me so long to post as the video would skip forwad too much on its own. Im hoping once they are posted on youtube they get fixed. But I really dont know now if its my cable as my other videos came out perfect, since you had this problem Im thinking it was a server/connection issue that made the video choppy. We will see once I play you NEXT...:mad:LOL... Cant wait, just as a heads up. I really need this win, and I know you can afford one. So take it eazy on me my friend...:p

• Like Like x 1
  3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

good stuff even with the data loss. Richardson is quite the contortionist.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

I was able to isolate my problem to the length of cable I was using, as I could recreate the problem even in offline games. Another thing I realized early on that can create capture issues is lack of available resources on the computer. Even though the El Gato does the encoding before passing it through to the computer, it still can be quite taxing just to record it to the hard drive. Thank goodness I don't have to do software encoding on the fly. One thing I have gotten in the habit of doing before recording a game is to restart my computer to make sure there aren't any nonessential programs running that could be eating up CPU resources.

If anyone should go easy on the other, it should probably be the guy that's been to the Super Bowl ;).

• Like Like x 2
  5. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Vick going 6 of 24 and a passer rating of 28.2 on the day!!!

WOWzersss thats not going to get W's

Either Jim played lights out or Vick left his heart at home.

Nice win Jimbo

• Like Like x 3
  6. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

nice video

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Vick said the rain made his tummy hurt

Nice Video and nice game LtJustice

I look forward to more

• Like Like x 2