Week 6 Quick Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Week 6 Quick Summaries

Whygod came up with this little idea so people can read summaries all in one place instead of searching through everyones.

So just put a short summary of your game here. If this idea catches on then I shall continue this on next week.

2. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

USF had a bye this week. A good week of practice though. No news on the recruiting front.

3. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

OR ST 45
    STAN 31

Thanks to a Kickoff return and an interception return, the Beaves beat Stanford despite being out gained in offensive yardage 502 to 391 and giving up 2 more turnovers than the cardinals.

Its a miracle that OSU won this game considing there inablity to tackle toby Gerhart. Gerhart repeatedly ran through tackles on his way to 259 yards, and 2 TDs on just 22 touches. Gerhart repeatedly broke tackles, and stiffarmed players in his way, refusing to be tackled by any one player.

OSU:

Canfield: 22/31 338, 3 TD, 4 INT
    Q. Rogers: 20 carries 83yards 1 TD
    A. Nichols 6 rec, 109 yards

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jjU03vmqGU0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jjU03vmqGU0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

another atrocious week for the Terps. they turned the ball over quite a bit. neither the starting or backup QB could get the offense going. Though they did manage to lead a couple scoring drives.

they fall to ACC Rival Wake Forest by large margin.

Full details in Terps thread

5. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

The Fightin Texas Aggies were completely out-classed in their Big XII opener vs. the Oklahoma State Cowboys. The #8 Cowpokes beat the Aggies by a score of 38-10 in front of a packed house at Kyle Field. The Ags were done in by turnovers, sacks and dropped passes. The only true bright spot was heralded frosh running back Christine Michael who was able to scratch out 149 total (101 rushing) yards against a fast, aggressive Ok.St. defense.

6. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

The Gophers' losing streak stops at 3.

Minnesota - 35
    Purdue - 17

Game ball goes to Marqueis Gray, who finally played a good game. He finished 29/39 for 383 with a 2/1 ratio. The ground game still needs major work! Duane Bennett led the Gophers with 38 yards rushing on 17 carries. Tried to run outside, tried inside...nothing. Might have to give Kevin Whaley a shot. Next 2 games: @ Penn State; @ Ohio State. Ouch. Oh well, we got back to .500 with this victory.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Duke plays another terrible game. 7 turnovers (6 interceptions and 1 muffed punt) lead to a 33-20 loss to NC State. Should have been worse but my defense made some big stops to game the game in hand. Unfortunately offense kept giving the ball back to the Wolfpack.

8. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Been a real busy couple of days, I'll write up my summary tomorrow!

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

no big deal. this is exactly the reason I have the quick summaries, for those of you who have little time and can't get something more detailed in.

10. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Week 6 was Vandy against the Army. The Option came out and was actually effective against the Black Knights, as Vandy ran for 220 yards, including 2 TDs. The defense was clearly the difference maker, forcing an early interception, which lead to another score. Vandy was up 26-0 in the 4th qtr, and as backups came in the game, Army scored twice, but Vandy won , hands down!

QB Larry Smith walked away with another 100 yard game. Next week, Georgia....I hate the SEC

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Georgia isn't as great as you think but still can whoop ass. good luck

12. Charles Mitchell returned two fumbles for touchdowns, and Mississippi State ran the ball for 317 yards, rolling over Middle Tennessee State 63-21.
    Chris Relf was effective at the option for the Bulldogs, but combined with other QB Tyson Lee for 4 interceptions. Perhaps this will lead to the Dawgs running even more often when the juggernaut Florida comes to town.

13. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

I don't know, but my Pass D has been solid the entire year, but Cox just looked like Drew Brees out there against me